- - - - -

Amazon Cyber Monday - Lots of Lightning Deals Today

#3781 crzyboy88   This is a witty title CAGiversary!   1446 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

I have only been a CAG for 2 years but I can only imagine what many long time members must think of the type of consumer that has invaded this site recently.

The things I've seen, man...

The things I've seen...

#3782 Coper3000   Gettin' Old. CAGiversary!   1220 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

Not sure if it's been posted but this is whats happening with the 360 + kinect + GC:

"It will be rescheduled. The deal time will be posted in the Gold Box Forum by 12:00 p.m. (noon) Pacific Time. At 12:05 p.m. it will be posted on the Amazon Facebook page."

#3783 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4492 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

FYI_just chatted with amazon csr about 7.99 3 month XBOX Live card. they will price adjust my order.

#3784 The Acacia Strain   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

The Acacia Strain

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

yeah, i was hoping for a second shot at getting duke nukem for $18

I'll ship you mine for $18. :)

#3785 shadow64   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

shadow64

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

If anyone is like me and just starting on xbox, I just got 12 months of live for $40 and then another month for $1. So that's $41 for 13 months or roughly $3.15/month (or $9.45 / 3 months).

I think that's the best deal you can get other than lucking out on a BB re-up or heading to BB B&M. Or...whatever amazon emails me later today (probably just an apology).

I don't want anything for free I just want the discount I should have received and I told them that. My CSR (Gowtham) basically ignored me and just kept saying "We're sorry, wait for the email." When I asked if there was anything he could do in the meantime, he just repeated himself.

To those who don't get why people get annoyed with this, it's one thing to miss a deal because you missed it. That's your own fault. It's quite another to just have it disappear on you with no explanation. I know that I bought my controller during the lightning deal because I was home and online. Had I been in a store getting the card, I might have bought something else from another retailer. Staying home for this deal is WHY Amazon got my money. The controller cost over 3 times what I would have paid for the 3 months of live. Some people might have just been waiting for the card, but other people shop differently.

Amazon let people know that they were going to have this card on sale so that people would want to shop there instead of going to another place where they could get the same deal, but have to be physically present. For whatever reason, they did not honor this deal. People have a right to feel cheated. They were.

Now again, it didn't stop me from buying from them and I got my deal somewhere else, but I'm not exactly happy with them either.

#3786 an Iksar Monk   Grandmaster CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

an Iksar Monk

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

I'm posting my conversation in VERY tiny print so it doesn't take up much virtual real estate. No luck on the credit but I've wasted too much time trying. Hope it helps someone!

[FONT="]Chat[/FONT]
[FONT="]End Chat[/FONT]
[FONT="]You are now connected to Ganesh from Amazon.com.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:Good afternoon,[/FONT]
[FONT="]I called support earlier regarding an issue with a lightning deal that disappeared just before becoming live, but received a different result than another person with the same issue. I would like to receive the same result since we attempted to purchase the same product.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:Hello, my name is Ganesh. I'll be happy to help you.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:Hello Ganesh, I hope you are doing well today. The issue is as follows:[/FONT]
[FONT="]I waited all morning for a 4G XBOX Kinect 360 with $50 Amazon promotional credit to be made available. Just before the item was scheduled to be open, it disappeared! I called support earlier and was told that there was nothing to be done as it was a glitch with the system. However, others have purchased the same 4G system and have received the $50 credit applied to their account in conjunction with the purchase.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:Have you placed the order, Fuzziewuzzy?[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:Yes, it is currently in queue for shipping. My account is Fuzziewuzzy.campbell.mail@gmail.com[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:May I have your order number, please?[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:Certainly, it is xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:I checked your order and see that the Lightning Deal promotional credit of $100 has already been applied to your order, Fuzziewuzzy.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:Correct, I had been watching for the system and $50 credit and thought it was going to be applied last night. It is actually the $50 credit in conjunction that I am interested in. At first I thought it was going to be applied afterwards with the order, but this morning I saw that the deal to be posted at 9am would have the $50 credit. I did not want to lose out on the purchase in case I did not get the order locked in on time, but the deal was never made available for me to purchase. I have never had an issue like this before, but others who have purchased the same system have received the lightning deal as well as the $50 promotional credit.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:I'm checking this for you. Can you hold for a minute or two while I research this?[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:Certainly, I will be here.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:Thank you.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:On the advance lightning deals listing that was released there was only mention of the $50 promotional credit as well as 4G Kinect system for $199 before credits. I purchased last night in anticipation that the credit would be made available once Amazon had processed the order.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:Thank you for your patience, Fuzziewuzzy. I checked and see that the $50 credit offer had expired at the time you placed the order. The offer at the time you placed the order, on November 24 6:21 PM, was the $100 credit and it has been successfully applied to your order. I'm sorry if this was not clear to you, Fuzziewuzzy.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:May I ask when the window for the $50 promotional credit was available (rather than $100 discount that was applied to my order?) I saw that Walmart had the same deal available today but decided to keep the order with Amazon since the organization usually price matches other offers.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:I'm sorry, Fuzziewuzzy. With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:My apologies for the misunderstanding. And I think I have diverted from the original question. Why have some customers that have purchased the same product received the discounted price of $199 and the promotional credit of $50 towards future orders, when no one was able to purchase the lightning deal because it was taken down? No one received the opportunity to claim the $50 credit on top of the $199 discounted price that was advertised this morning?[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:I'm sorry, Fuzziewuzzy, we have had several requests such as yours but we are not able to offer both promotions. In order to take advantage of that promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:Ok, well I feel as though since some people received both promotions it is unfair to me, but I need to head into work now. I spent most of the morning waiting for this promotion and then trying to determine why I was not made available. Thanks for your time, have a great day Ganesh.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:I understand this is disappointing, Fuzziewuzzy. I hope you are able to make most of our future offers.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon![/FONT]
[FONT="]I wish you a great Thanksgiving Holiday![/FONT]

#3787 McNutsack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

How many of you are buying a 360 S because you need it, i.e., don't have one or yours went kaput? Or are you simply buying one because you've outgrown the HDD on yours or assuming it will fail eventually?

No one "needs" anything videogame related.
For me, I want it. Im tired of my old model being so loud. Tired of the tray not ejecting half the time, etc. Plus, the Kinect is a good gift to give to someone in my family.
Ill use my old model in the garage to watch netflix on as I exercise or use my exercise bike (it helps me watch foreign subtitle movies without falling asleep)

#3788 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2220 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

Fuzzie, you want to do my taxes this year? Trade ya some DLC or penny guides woot ! :)

#3789 Zoglog   Nope CAGiversary!   6498 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

@^##@^% it, just bought dark souls, screw it going for sushi

#3790 perfectsil   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

perfectsil

Good for amazon for standing firm, people are really bitching for not getting in on lightning deals?

#3791 ONESTARv2   Dreamcast Addict CAGiversary!   675 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

I didn't want to stress over the lightning deals. Glad I didn't after reading some stories here and friends telling me about them. Good to see Amazon is crediting people who had stuff jump out of their shopping cart. Only thing I ordered from amazon, was a copy of RAGE. I know the title will probably drop under 30 bucks sometime after christmas, but I had promo credit that was going to expire in a week that I didn't want to let go to waste.

#3792 uncle5555   Grumpy Veteran CAG CAGiversary!   1445 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

I have only been a CAG for 2 years but I can only imagine what many long time members must think of the type of consumer that has invaded this site recently.

If you only knew....

The old days were nicer, people shared more.
Spoiler
But cheapy ain't complaining, as his coffers are over flowing these days. I for one will take the way things used to be.

#3793 spikespeigel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   44 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

spikespeigel

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

I'll ship you mine for $18. :)

Wasn't it $9.99 last night? Did the price go up or something?

#3794 kingofusa1001   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   16 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

kingofusa1001

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

is catherine love is over worth it right now or should i just settle for the regular version.

#3795 crzyboy88   This is a witty title CAGiversary!   1446 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

Damn, it wasn't listed here, but there was a 64GB SSD with free Arkham City for $90 earlier today. Kinda mad I didn't get it...

If you only knew....

The old days were nicer, people shared more.

Spoiler
But cheapy ain't complaining, as his coffers are over flowing these days. I for one will take the way things used to be.

We had the opposite of flippers. People who would buy games for other CAGs and ship it to them for the cost of the game, shipping +$ 1-2 for their troubles. It was a purely magical time.

#3796 waltercartman   Don't Be A Dingus CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

waltercartman

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

Ok so i was there for the 3 month live card when it messed up.

After about 20-30 mins in the live chat i was able to get a 12 month card for 25.00 :)

I love amazon so much

#3797 bobright   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   608 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

bobright

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

wow what freakin babies crying for compensation having to "wait" sitting your fat butt in front of your computer deals come, deals go, you get some you dont WOWW

#3798 DertyFoot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   83 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

So it seems that all the supposed Lightning Deals that are on the first page of this thread aren't going to be fulfilled? Maybe on Cyber Monday?

#3799 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3613 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

Now it's on for 3:15.

#3800 Kamakazi010654   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Kamakazi010654

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

Oh boy, here we go again.

#3801 uncle5555   Grumpy Veteran CAG CAGiversary!   1445 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

Damn, it wasn't listed here, but there was a 64GB SSD with free Arkham City for $90 earlier today. Kinda mad I didn't get it...

We had the opposite of flippers. People who would buy games for other CAGs and ship it to them for the cost of the game, shipping +$ 1-2 for their troubles. It was a purely magical time.

You don't have to tell me, that was the community I long for again, but know we'll never see. :cry:

#3802 RamenNation   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   45 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

RamenNation

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

Xbox bundle is back for 200, I just bought it with the promotional credit I received. I'm fine with it and don't want to wait and not be able to get it later.

#3803 Malice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   595 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

The only thing worse then the "newcags" crying about not getting deals, is all you "oldcags" whining and complaining about the newcags. You remind me of Grandpa from Rugrats. "Back in my day we had to walk FIFTEEN MILES to get to a computer and be able to take part in these deals! And we had to go to an Internet cafe, too!"

Get a life.

#3804 RugerRellP89   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

RugerRellP89

Dirt 3 is 14.99 right now guys at Best Buy.com!!!!!!!!!

#3805 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3613 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

I've got a 4GB Kinect bundle in my cart for $199 that just popped up. Wondering if I can drag this out by staying active in my cart until 3:15 rolls around to increase the odds of them honoring it if bought at that time.

#3806 Ricanlegend   Bigdaddy CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Ricanlegend

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

Eastern time ? or pst ?

#3807 uncle5555   Grumpy Veteran CAG CAGiversary!   1445 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

The only thing worse then the "newcags" crying about not getting deals, is all you "oldcags" whining and complaining about the newcags. You remind me of Grandpa from Rugrats. "Back in my day we had to walk FIFTEEN MILES to get to a computer and be able to take part in these deals! And we had to go to an Internet cafe, too!"

Get a life.

And I'd tell you f'off but I got more class than that. Have a happy holiday, nonetheless. :D

#3808 RamenNation   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   45 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

RamenNation

In 13 minutes. - To Reicanlegend

#3809 The Acacia Strain   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

The Acacia Strain

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

Wasn't it $9.99 last night? Did the price go up or something?

It was, but he said he wanted a second shot at it for $18.

#3810 GaMeReVX   DDR BASS CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:04 PM

In 13 minutes. - To Reicanlegend

Aye. At 12:15PM PST/ 3:15PM EST

$50 Amazon.com Credit Offer Starts at 12:15 PM PST as a Video Games Lightning Deal
At 12:15 PM PST, the Video Games Lightning Deal will be a $50 credit offer when you order the Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect. The $50 Amazon.com credit is good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, Gift Cards, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be applied to your Amazon.com account within four days after your order ships. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Learn more.

Hopefully the waitlist actually works this time.