- - - - -

Amazon Cyber Monday - Lots of Lightning Deals Today

#3811 The Acacia Strain   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

The Acacia Strain

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:04 PM

I'm posting my conversation in VERY tiny print so it doesn't take up much virtual real estate. No luck on the credit but I've wasted too much time trying. Hope it helps someone!

[FONT="]Chat[/FONT]
[FONT="]End Chat[/FONT]
[FONT="]You are now connected to Ganesh from Amazon.com.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:Good afternoon,[/FONT]
[FONT="]I called support earlier regarding an issue with a lightning deal that disappeared just before becoming live, but received a different result than another person with the same issue. I would like to receive the same result since we attempted to purchase the same product.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:Hello, my name is Ganesh. I'll be happy to help you.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:Hello Ganesh, I hope you are doing well today. The issue is as follows:[/FONT]
[FONT="]I waited all morning for a 4G XBOX Kinect 360 with $50 Amazon promotional credit to be made available. Just before the item was scheduled to be open, it disappeared! I called support earlier and was told that there was nothing to be done as it was a glitch with the system. However, others have purchased the same 4G system and have received the $50 credit applied to their account in conjunction with the purchase.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:Have you placed the order, Fuzziewuzzy?[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:Yes, it is currently in queue for shipping. My account is Fuzziewuzzy.campbell.mail@gmail.com[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:May I have your order number, please?[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:Certainly, it is xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:I checked your order and see that the Lightning Deal promotional credit of $100 has already been applied to your order, Fuzziewuzzy.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:Correct, I had been watching for the system and $50 credit and thought it was going to be applied last night. It is actually the $50 credit in conjunction that I am interested in. At first I thought it was going to be applied afterwards with the order, but this morning I saw that the deal to be posted at 9am would have the $50 credit. I did not want to lose out on the purchase in case I did not get the order locked in on time, but the deal was never made available for me to purchase. I have never had an issue like this before, but others who have purchased the same system have received the lightning deal as well as the $50 promotional credit.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:I'm checking this for you. Can you hold for a minute or two while I research this?[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:Certainly, I will be here.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:Thank you.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:On the advance lightning deals listing that was released there was only mention of the $50 promotional credit as well as 4G Kinect system for $199 before credits. I purchased last night in anticipation that the credit would be made available once Amazon had processed the order.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:Thank you for your patience, Fuzziewuzzy. I checked and see that the $50 credit offer had expired at the time you placed the order. The offer at the time you placed the order, on November 24 6:21 PM, was the $100 credit and it has been successfully applied to your order. I'm sorry if this was not clear to you, Fuzziewuzzy.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:May I ask when the window for the $50 promotional credit was available (rather than $100 discount that was applied to my order?) I saw that Walmart had the same deal available today but decided to keep the order with Amazon since the organization usually price matches other offers.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:I'm sorry, Fuzziewuzzy. With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:My apologies for the misunderstanding. And I think I have diverted from the original question. Why have some customers that have purchased the same product received the discounted price of $199 and the promotional credit of $50 towards future orders, when no one was able to purchase the lightning deal because it was taken down? No one received the opportunity to claim the $50 credit on top of the $199 discounted price that was advertised this morning?[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:I'm sorry, Fuzziewuzzy, we have had several requests such as yours but we are not able to offer both promotions. In order to take advantage of that promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Me:Ok, well I feel as though since some people received both promotions it is unfair to me, but I need to head into work now. I spent most of the morning waiting for this promotion and then trying to determine why I was not made available. Thanks for your time, have a great day Ganesh.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Ganesh:I understand this is disappointing, Fuzziewuzzy. I hope you are able to make most of our future offers.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon![/FONT]
[FONT="]I wish you a great Thanksgiving Holiday![/FONT]

jbcampb1 used block of text, it was super effective!

#3812 R4L   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   711 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

How many of you are buying a 360 S because you need it, i.e., don't have one or yours went kaput? Or are you simply buying one because you've outgrown the HDD on yours or assuming it will fail eventually?

My old 360 (Used from 2005) got another RROD in February :cry:

#3813 ZuKe Zuchegno   I'm Sorry CAGiversary!   241 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

ZuKe Zuchegno

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

Damn, it wasn't listed here, but there was a 64GB SSD with free Arkham City for $90 earlier today. Kinda mad I didn't get it...

We had the opposite of flippers. People who would buy games for other CAGs and ship it to them for the cost of the game, shipping +$ 1-2 for their troubles. It was a purely magical time.

I needed to be there in those times i would of fit right in

#3814 superman1180   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

superman1180

Dirt 3 is 14.99 right now guys at Best Buy.com!!!!!!!!!

True, but only in stock for the PS3 as far as I see. The 360 is sold out. :(

I still don't know what's up with Amazon not showing Wipeout 2 for 29.99. It only shows 47.98.

#3815 shady859   Big Blue Nation CAGiversary!   7283 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

I almost don't want to type this....... because I know what it will create...... but......

I just live chatted Amazon and bitched in general about how screwed up their lightening deals are this year and that the 3 month Lives didn't sell just like the 360 bundle disappeared.... And that Gears 3 pack glitched and yea they issued me a $30 credit good for my next purchase.

So that's $80 in credit today.... I love you Amazon I can't stay mad at you! lol

#3816 thepik241   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

is catherine love is over worth it right now or should i just settle for the regular version.

If you're a collector than maybe. Just for the game itself it is only worth one playthrough and I sold my collector's edition later (bought it via AWD).

The last fifth of the game is so disappointing it almost ruins the entire game.

#3817 hatback   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   269 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

5 minutes away... Can't wait for Xbox 360 Bundle with Kinect: Just Dance Around The Issue 2 to not go live again.

#3818 McNutsack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

The only thing worse then the "newcags" crying about not getting deals, is all you "oldcags" whining and complaining about the newcags. You remind me of Grandpa from Rugrats. "Back in my day we had to walk FIFTEEN MILES to get to a computer and be able to take part in these deals! And we had to go to an Internet cafe, too!"

Get a life.

HAHA, yes!
I was a lurker here about 1.5 years before I signed up. I believe I finally signed up because I was tired of not contributing, (...ok, maybe I wanted the free "cheap ass gamer" green wrist band thingie cheapyD was giving away)
CAG was not even much different back then.

The generosity is still here. So what if you have to read an occasional post by flippers? Or people that feel more entitled than they should?

The rest of the community is still functional and working as it should.

#3819 kyo27   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

does anyone know if the tritton 720 headset has gone on sale yet? I didn't see it in the upcoming lightning deals or in the expired ones .

#3820 Ricanlegend   Bigdaddy CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Ricanlegend

I almost don't want to type this....... because I know what it will create...... but......

I just live chatted Amazon and bitched in general about how screwed up their lightening deals are this year and that the 3 month Lives didn't sell just like the 360 bundle disappeared.... And that Gears 3 pack glitched and yea they issued me a $30 credit good for my next purchase.

So that's $80 in credit today.... I love you Amazon I can't stay mad at you! lol

You are my new Role model lol

#3821 VashandWolfwood   Space Available For Rent CAGiversary!   288 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

VashandWolfwood

Upcoming DealWhat comes after X11?

Am I wrong in assuming that they'll be offering the X12 again at 39.99?

And I have $10 in credit I planned on using for it. How much better is the X12 compared to the X11(Which TRU has for like 24.99)?

#3822 ZeroFlame15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   807 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

ZeroFlame15

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

Is there any bf deals for xbox controllers? or is 38 the best deal out there?

#3823 MKScorpion  

MKScorpion

The only thing worse then the "newcags" crying about not getting deals, is all you "oldcags" whining and complaining about the newcags. You remind me of Grandpa from Rugrats. "Back in my day we had to walk FIFTEEN MILES to get to a computer and be able to take part in these deals! And we had to go to an Internet cafe, too!"

Get a life.

But "oldcags" do have a life. They're not the ones flipping games to pay their rent. :P

#3824 Serious McMopy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   442 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Serious McMopy

Just out of curiosity, what were the video deals this morning?

#3825 SerOnionKnight   Orbiting Uranus CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

SerOnionKnight

I went to Best Buy and bought Gears 3, Dirt 3, and the Gears Triple Pack. Easier this year than amazon.

#3826 lhfan04   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   304 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

Since I got nothing better to do I guess I am going to try and upgrade my $200 Kinect 360 and see if i get on this with the promo, hopefully they will let me cancel my $200 Kinect Bundle I got last night..

#3827 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4492 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

I'm going after this 360 lightning deal. Keeping my fingers crossed

#3828 kamiyan89   Colombian CAG CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:12 PM

that collector edition is useless, the catherine one, just look at it, the only cool things in there are the cd and artbook that come also with the standard edition, i'm kindaa collector but sometimes one has to look at things like they are, if it was $10 more than the regular edition i would have bought it tough.

#3829 PublikDefender  

PublikDefender

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:12 PM

Dirt 3 is 14.99 right now guys at Best Buy.com!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much kind sir! Just got my order confimation w/ free shipping.
I was disappointed w/ the rally racing in gt5. but i hear this is awesome (although it might be too arcadey for some)
Also, fyi: codemasters games are logitech g27 compatible

so i couldn't pass it up

#3830 Nintendoge64   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   142 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Nintendoge64

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

Woo used the promotional credit they gave me on the kinect bundle when it popped back up a few mins earlier. Turned out to be $149
Good luck on the lightning deals guys!

#3831 thepik241   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

that collector edition is useless, the catherine one, just look at it, the only cool things in there are the cd and artbook that come also with the standard edition, i'm kindaa collector but sometimes one has to look at things like they are, if it was $10 more than the regular edition i would have bought it tough.

The artwork can barely be called that. It's really just a picture of each of the characters with a tiny blurb about them.

#3832 wynams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   580 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

Orange circles of death for x360 kinect bundle ... 500+ waitlisted as 'fair'

#3833 tominater12   Another Cheapass CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

tominater12

Kinect bundle in cart but I am not sure if I should get it.

#3834 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15890 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Got the Xbox 360 Kinect bundle.....done for the day i think.

#3835 Cjrosa6   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Okay deal is over. Can we PLEASE stop the bitching about Amazon?

#3836 DietCokeJunkey   Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

Managed to get the 4GB Kinect Bundle LD in my cart. Seriously having a hard time figuring out whether I want it for my girlfriend or not.

#3837 bythewar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   22 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

bythewar

Got it... Finally got myself a kinect. Im excited.

#3838 Kelcey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Awesome. Got the 360 with kinect. :)

#3839 Cjrosa6   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

SOL now buddy.

#3840 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11021 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Ha! They put the $50 credit up right now...I wonder how many missed it.