Black Friday Sale @ DeepDiscount.com (select heavily discounted anime titles)

WTK

CAGiversary!
Black Friday Sale @ DeepDiscount.com (expires 11/28)

- Note 1: Below is what's part of the sale. There are also stranded singles on sale as well.
- Note 2: Sale prices are a bit higher on the sister site: DVDPlanet.com (expires 11/29). One-time use $5 off $50 coupon: couponcabin can be used.
- Note 3: Reported cancellations: Cromartie High School, RahXephon.

Blu-ray
DVD
Live-Action
Voyager Entertainment releases (50% off)
DVD (DVDPlanet.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jcaugustine']Only one blu-ray movie on sale?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately there aren't very many BD titles (two of which I found after the second sweep). The only ones I found were Appleseed: Ex Machina, Batman: Gotham Knight, and Halo Legends.

[quote name='ARCorr']To those who don't already own princess tutu, BUY IT NOW![/QUOTE]

Is that really any good??? Never watched it but seen clips here and there on the web.

Grabbed 4 things for $20 shipped.

Cromartie High School was what I really wanted but I highly doubt that'll ship since it said 5-10 days which is usually a no-go with DD... oh well.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Grabbed 4 things for $20 shipped.

Cromartie High School was what I really wanted but I highly doubt that'll ship since it said 5-10 days which is usually a no-go with DD... oh well.[/QUOTE]

As long as you get in early, it ships.

It's always marke 5-10 days shipped, but the problem with DD is that they have a crappy stock system, and they don't tell you when things are out right away, so many people who order later on, are putting in for stuff that's already out of stock.

I've always got in on the first day of sales with DD this year, and never had 1 order take more than a couple weeks to ship.

In the past it was a nightmare though, but I've learned my lesson to buy right away, and if I see a deal that was posted days ago, all that stuff is probably already oos and going to take months to ship. >.

I just started watching Clannad and am currently loving it--would it be better to get the two collections offered here (which are sub-only) for under $11 or wait for the complete collection (which has a new dub) to drop in price?

EDIT: Hang on...now that I'm reading what I wrote, I think I'm basically asking if the dub is worth another $10-$20, and frankly, that sounds like a dumb question. Would I regret biting on those collections? Yes, I know I'd be paying $1.98 extra for shipping, but paying less than $13 for those collections sounds pretty good considering their list total would be about $80 :)shock:).

Oh man, I should really stop buying more anime, I must have at least a dozen series I bought that I haven't watched yet, but some of these prices are like lower than bargain bin low...

[quote name='ARCorr']To those who don't already own princess tutu, BUY IT NOW![/QUOTE]

This times a Bu-million.

Provided DD aren't their usual worthless selves and the stuff actually ships, good deals abound. I walked away with Kiba, Princess Resurrection, Megazone 23, Blue Drop, and Shadow Skill. I'll add anything to my library if it's cheap enough, heh.

For anyone looking for opinions on what to buy, Cromartie High School is probably the show in the sale that I enjoyed the most. You also probably can't go wrong with RahXephon and Abenobashi, and I also recommend Now and Then, Here and There but I'm not responsible for your emotional state afterward. It's more depressing than Grave of the Fireflies.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']This. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

Kirin is king for recommends...never been wrong for me. Went ahead and bought Princess Tutu...Clannad was a deal kill after finding out about the subtitle only..hear really good things about it. Here There,Now then is a MUST buy at that price as well...very EXCELLENT story.

[quote name='killa5k7']Kirin is king for recommends...never been wrong for me. Went ahead and bought Princess Tutu...Clannad was a deal kill after finding out about the subtitle only..hear really good things about it. Here There,Now then is a MUST buy at that price as well...very EXCELLENT story.[/QUOTE]
Probably not a bad idea to wait a few years on the Clannad blu-rays being brought over anyway. Not as if it's going to be any less good by then.

[quote name='Shinpachi']Probably not a bad idea to wait a few years on the Clannad blu-rays being brought over anyway. Not as if it's going to be any less good by then.[/QUOTE]

The first series is already out on Blu-ray here, actually!

And yeah, Now & Then, Here & There is just as important a purchase as Princess Tutu. These two are easily the best titles of the sale.

Agh, their website sucks! I just want to give you my money and go to sleep!

Screw it; sleep it is! I'll try again tomorrow when their server is hopefully fixed.

Ghost Stories sounds interesting, don't think I've heard of an anime studio throwing out the original dialogue and putting in their own

Wow! Thanks for the head's up, WTK! Picked up "Princess Tutu" for myself and "Petite Princess Yucie" for my younger cousin :) I couldn't find a third title that I really wanted in order to get Free Shipping, but the shipping is only $0.99 per item anyway.

I ordered:

Sorcerer Hunters: Perfect Collection [7 Discs]
Zaion: I Wish You Were Here - Complete Collection [2 Discs]
Blue Drop: The Complete Collection [2 Discs]
Area 88 TV, Vol. 1: Complete Collection [3 Discs] [WS]
Kiba: Complete Collection [8 Discs]

If money wasn't so tight and black Friday (late Thursday?) wasn't today/tomorrow I'd probably have ordered a lot more. But I might order a few things more anyways.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Ghost Stories sounds interesting, don't think I've heard of an anime studio throwing out the original dialogue and putting in their own[/QUOTE]

Shin Chan?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Ghost Stories sounds interesting, don't think I've heard of an anime studio throwing out the original dialogue and putting in their own[/QUOTE]

Robotech, Samurai Pizza Cats, Sailor Moon, Starblazers to name a few, even Dragon Ball Z they changed a lot of dialogue.

Well I guess I should have elaborated. Those all still follow the original script and tone though right? They just don't follow the exact dialogue word for word in translation. In Ghost Stories it sounds like the new dialogue is completely different and completely changes the tone of the story to a more comedic one. I'm not saying it's never been done I've just never seen it done. I've seen it in live-action movie spoofs like What's Up Tiger Lilly and Kung Pow but this will be the first time I'll see it in an anime

A few more titles added to the first post (including a few live-action titles released by ADV, Switchblade Pictures).

Are these all thinpaks? I been disappointed with thinpaks because they usually take out all extras and the video quality suffers because they cram too much into as little amount of disks as possible.

[quote name='GindoGuy']Are these all thinpaks? I been disappointed with thinpaks because they usually take out all extras and the video quality suffers because they cram too much into as little amount of disks as possible.[/QUOTE]

A majority of them are thinpacks/clamshell/single DVD case versions.

Oh well, at least the prices seem right. I think the prices are even cheaper than the last time GoHastings had the free shipping on used DVD's. I might pick something up or two.

Damn I wish I would have seen this thread yesterday, ordered the Special A and Clannad sets as well as Princess Tutu as Christmas presents for my wife. Now just hoping DeepDiscount can/will fulfill the order...

I have updated the first post with packaging style and relevant on-disc extras on ADV sets that people may have question on.

[quote name='WTK']I have updated the first post with packaging style and relevant on-disc extras on ADV sets that people may have question on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, WTK! Some of the items I ordered were stackpacks. I canceled them, since stackpacks are the worst.

Should I get Princess Tutu? It's on Netflix though... I do have a $5 coupon from Dark Soul CE screw up from DD, which will make the Tutu set $2 shipped...

[quote name='Serpentor']Should I get Princess Tutu? It's on Netflix though... I do have a $5 coupon from Dark Soul CE screw up from DD, which will make the Tutu set $2 shipped...[/QUOTE]

Good god, yes.

God dammit. My cancel requests were denied. It said it was because my order was already processing, albeit it clearly says it's open.

Just my luck.

[quote name='Razzuel']God dammit. My cancel requests were denied. It said it was because my order was already processing, albeit it clearly says it's open.

Just my luck.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried calling customer support?

Don't think they have the number listed on their website but it's 1-800-264-5076

I realize that it's just a sister site to Deep Discount, but would I be better off ordering from DVD Planet?

Everything that I ordered from Deep Discount says "ships in 5-10 days.," and all of them are listed at DVD Planet as "in stock."

bread's done
Back