RightStuf.com Holiday Sales (Black Friday leading up to 12+ Days of Anime)

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Savings - Main Sales Page

12days-extended.jpg

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on Blu-ray discs, DVDs, box sets, books, bundles and more!

Each day, we'll update Rightstuf.com with the latest additions to our list of holiday deals, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59 p.m. CT on December 12, 2011. (Just add the items to your cart and check out to save! Please note: Quantities for some items -- specifically, those that include counters on their item pages -- may be limited.)

Make your list, check it twice (or more!), and have a safe and happy holiday season!*
*Be sure to drop into the workshop for more holiday fun!
DAY 01:
DAY 02:
DAY 03:
DAY 04:
DAY 05:
DAY 06:
DAY 07:
DAY 08:
DAY 09:
DAY 10:
DAY 11:
DAY 12:
DAY 13:

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Bargains on Blu-ray, DVDs & More! @ RightStuf.com

blackFriday-news.jpg

Kick off the holiday season with special deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more for a limited time – from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (November 28, 2011)!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!
(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But hurry! Some quantities are limited, AND the sale ends on November 28, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. CST!
EDIT: Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale is still ongoing!

FUNimation Bargain Bundles Promotion @ RightStuf.com

While supplies last, customers ordering this bundle will also receive a black Funimation tote bag.
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 1 (Hyb) - Your Price: $49.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Devil May Cry (S.A.V.E.), Black Blood Brothers (S.A.V.E.), Blassreiter (S.A.V.E.), Nabari no Ou (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Action Pack-ed Bundle 2 (Hyb) - Your Price: $53.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Coyote Ragtime Show (S.A.V.E.), Kaze no Stigma (S.A.V.E.), Air Gear (S.A.V.E.), Vexille (SE)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 14!
  • FUNimation Butt Kickers Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $62.99 (You Save 58%)
    • Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho: The Movie & Eizou Hakusho
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation LiveAction Sampler Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $13.49 (You Save 55%)
    • Mushi-shi, Ghost Train (S.A.V.E.), Synesthesia (S.A.V.E.)
  • FUNimation Magical Fanservice Girlfriends Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $78.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Rosario + Vampire (LE), Rosario + Vampire Capu2, Sekirei (Season 1)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Wednesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Spirit Gun Blu-Ray Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $64.99 (You Save 64%)
    • Yu Yu Hakusho (all four Classics Blu-ray sets)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!
  • FUNimation Still "No L" Bargain Bundle (Hyb) - Your Price: $40.99 (You Save 55%)
    • Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (S.A.V.E.), Utawarerumono (S.A.V.E.), Gun x Sword (S.A.V.E.)
    • Note: this special bundle offer will only be available until Tuesday, December 21!

Some highlights of the current Weekly Specials (not mentioned above)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping the Ranma 1/2 series and High School of the Dead prices stay the same when they do the 12 Days of Christmas like last year. My funds are exhausted already!

I am seriously considering Solid State Society. I haven't seen a better price on in it yet.

Too bad I have to pay for shipping.......

Some one go tell Amazon to PM Evangelion, Neon Genesis: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone Blu-ray (Hyb) for 9.99!

[quote name='Vash1306']Some one go tell Amazon to PM Evangelion, Neon Genesis: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone Blu-ray (Hyb) for 9.99![/QUOTE]

I saw in the black friday bluray/dvd stickied thread that amazon is having a lightning deal for the blu on Monday at 4:30 PST

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Well... I learned my lesson from last year:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279855
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280015

^ 2010

Amazon may likely match a lot of these items a week before Christmas.

Crossing fingers.[/QUOTE]
It depends on what you're looking for. FUNimation releases can be cheaper @ Amazon.com. Aniplex of America and NIS America releases won't be cheaper @ Amazon. ADV/Section23/Sentai stuff rarely get heavily discounted @ Amazon. Same thing can be said for Bandai Ent. and Media Blasters. Viz Media is under their own category...sales discounts are often times seen from multiple online retailers.

[quote name='WTK']It depends on what you're looking for. FUNimation releases can be cheaper @ Amazon.com. Aniplex of America and NIS America releases won't be cheaper @ Amazon. ADV/Section23/Sentai stuff rarely get heavily discounted @ Amazon. Same thing can be said for Bandai Ent. and Media Blasters. Viz Media is under their own category...sales discounts are often times seen from multiple online retailers.[/QUOTE]
Not just at Amazon, but all around. Sentai, Bandai and ESPECIALLY Aniplex have a nasty habit of charging out the wazoo for most of their stuff. Especially bad when some of their latest stuff has generally been sub-only, 12 episode releases for $60 to $70.

TRSI - Added to the Weekly Specials (including ones from the Bargain Bin)

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, some nice prices considering Madlax to complete the "girls with guns" trio. and Skull man for $5.99 seems sweet. anyone know how Skull man was?? looked interesting

I'd love to own Read or die, but I couldn't stomach spending $100 on a tv series back in early 2000, much less now.

Ended up getting Angel Beats and High School of the Dead on Blu-Ray. Also, it seems like the black friday/cyber monday deals are still alive.

Day 2:

Hoo boy, now I have to ask this again: Is the dub for Clannad (and subsequently After Story) worth watching? I could get the entire series for just under $24, but it would be sub only--would it be worth spending more than double that for a dub track?

Also, I'm a bit miffed that getting the Clannad sub-only sets and Angel Beats! would leave me about $2 short of free shipping. :bomb:

[quote name='Vigilante']Hoo boy, now I have to ask this again: Is the dub for Clannad (and subsequently After Story) worth watching? I could get the entire series for just under $24, but it would be sub only--would it be worth spending more than double that for a dub track?

Also, I'm a bit miffed that getting the Clannad sub-only sets and Angel Beats! would leave me about $2 short of free shipping. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

For a Sentai release, the English Dub performances are decent---I can't recall any of the performances sounding obnoxious or annoying. If you like watching your anime with dubs, "Clannad" and "After Story" are fine

[quote name='JoePianist']For a Sentai release, the English Dub performances are decent---I can't recall any of the performances sounding obnoxious or annoying. If you like watching your anime with dubs, "Clannad" and "After Story" are fine[/QUOTE]Honestly, I don't mind watching anime subbed (unless it's inferior to the dub)--I'm just wondering if I'd be missing out on anything if I skipped Clannad's dub, especially since I'd be paying twice as much to have the collections with the dub.

[quote name='Vigilante']Honestly, I don't mind watching anime subbed (unless it's inferior to the dub)--I'm just wondering if I'd be missing out on anything if I skipped Clannad's dub, especially since I'd be paying twice as much to have the collections with the dub.[/QUOTE]

The dub isn't worth all the extra cash. It's passable, not terrible, but many of the roles just feel phoned-in.

damn, I'm broke as can be due to black friday and I never saw the anime deals here or at Deepdiscount till too late :(. I hope all the deals stay actives till the end of the 12 days like it has in the past. need to rustle up some cash first

I imagine FUNi will pick the TV series up once it's gone since the movies are selling well.

As for today's sale - One Piece Season 1 for $28 (Collections 1 and 2 together) is not bad at all. Tempted to pick those up along with the Spice & Wolf bundle. Ugh, and there's also the Cutey Honey double DVD release. Too much want.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Any thoughts on Nanaka 6/17? The premise sounds promising.[/QUOTE]
It's a whimsical series with a dab of seriousness in the last episodes, but it never concludes to a resolution.

If anyone is interested in Oreimo, you better buy it now, since Right Stuf only has about 59 left. There probably aren't going to be anymore made once it sells out.

[quote name='Vigilante']Hoo boy, now I have to ask this again: Is the dub for Clannad (and subsequently After Story) worth watching? I could get the entire series for just under $24, but it would be sub only--would it be worth spending more than double that for a dub track?[/QUOTE]

Nope, not really. Most of the performances in the English dub are either out of character or poorly executed, except for one character — Fuko. So no, I wouldn't recommend it.

Also, do not buy the Clannad movie. It is absolutely horrible. It butchers the story from both Clannad and After Story. Also, the music is forgettable, the voice acting is mediocre, and the animation is unremarkable.

[quote name='jling84']I hope this somehow means we will be getting a Blu-Ray release of the original series and End of Evangelion.[/QUOTE]

Not until after Japan gets them. But obviously it's going to happen at some point.

hmm how was Skull Man. $5.99 seems a wicked price for a 13 ep series. but was it that bad to be only $6 this soon?

also, for the clannad sets... why is it MORE expensive to get the complete collections ($27.99 each) vs. just get all 4 halves of the series for $5.99 each ($56 for the whole series getting complete collections vs. $24 for the whole series getting all 4 halves)

[quote name='wormraper']hmm how was Skull Man. $5.99 seems a wicked price for a 13 ep series. but was it that bad to be only $6 this soon?[/QUOTE]

Skull Man is entertaining enough for $6.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Anyone recommend "Samurai Girls (Blu-ray)" for $27.99...???[/QUOTE]

Not sure if I would recommend it... I watched it to the end and did enjoy it while watching, but it is rather forgettable. It did have a pretty interesting art style tho and that was probably the best part of the series imo.

At the price point I would prolly point toward Angel Beats! over this. Of course that being said... they're not really the same genre...

[quote name='wormraper']also, for the clannad sets... why is it MORE expensive to get the complete collections ($27.99 each) vs. just get all 4 halves of the series for $5.99 each ($56 for the whole series getting complete collections vs. $24 for the whole series getting all 4 halves)[/QUOTE]The two $27.99 sets have an English dub track while the four $5.99 sets are sub-only...hence why I was asking if the dub was worth paying twice as much (thanks to all who answered, BTW :)).

[quote name='Vigilante']The two $27.99 sets have an English dub track while the four $5.99 sets are sub-only...hence why I was asking if the dub was worth paying twice as much (thanks to all who answered, BTW :)).[/QUOTE]

ahhh, thanks for the info, I remember that whole debacle of complaints for Sentai doing that. well since I only listen to subbed audio works out perfect for me. $24 for 2 full seasons of what I've heard is a fantastic series. can't complain

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Anyone recommend "Samurai Girls (Blu-ray)" for $27.99...???[/QUOTE]

It was watchable, but not something I'd buy.

I have been out of the anime game for a while

An new anime.. with a lot of action ( ex. trigun,gungrave, and evangalion)
any suggestions? thanks

[quote name='TheKindred']I have been out of the anime game for a while

any suggestions? thanks[/QUOTE]

well, if we're going off of the list in this thread

Trigun Badlands
Full Metal panic
Madlax

[quote name='wormraper']well, if we're going off of the list in this thread

Trigun Badlands
Full Metal panic
Madlax[/QUOTE]

Madlax was pretty boring.

[quote name='TheKindred']I have been out of the anime game for a while

any suggestions? thanks[/QUOTE]

I'd personally recommend picking up One Piece collections 1 and 2 in the sale since they're $14 each. It takes almost 40 episodes for the plot to get going, but in the scheme of the show (500+ episodes and still going) it's a minimal investment in time and even if the plot isn't there from the beginning, it still has a lot of action. Just make sure you can stomach the art style first, it's a love/hate thing.

Try One Piece before buying it. I absolutely love the manga, but can't stomach the anime at all. It feels like a kiddy show. Definitely ended up with a different tone (damn American marketing >:/ lol)

[quote name='Zaku77']Try One Piece before buying it. I absolutely love the manga, but can't stomach the anime at all. It feels like a kiddy show. Definitely ended up with a different tone (damn American marketing >:/ lol)[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the 4kids dub or the Funimation dub? The 4kids dub was indeed horrible between the bad voices, replacement music, and extreme censorship, but the Funi dub is at least tolerable to me and much more faithful to the Japanese language version. You can test out the dub at Funi's official One Piece site if you'd like, and keep in mind that the release is dual audio if you still want to watch the show but don't think that you can handle the dub.

bread's done
Back