*OOS* PS3 160GB System w/Ratchet & Clank All 4 One & LittleBigPlanet 2 SE $199

Didn't think I'd give Newegg any business this year, but I went ahead and bit rather than trying to snag an Amazon deal on it. No tax in IL for me and ease of ordering were the deal-makers. Thanks op!

Thank you! I don't have tax here so this is as good as Amazon. One major gift down, I can go to bed now.

Sweet. Thanks OP. Now I don't have to try and get one from Amazon tomorrow.

It's nearly 2am here, so I'm going to get some shuteye.

Awesome! The 2 big items I wanted to get (Xbox and PS3 bundles) I was able to score at NewEgg! No waiting in lines for me! I am sure I can get any of the game and BluRay deals online.

Looks like I can just sit around, eat, get fat, and enjoy some spirits.

I originally had the 320gb UC3 bundle in lay-a-way at walmart for $299. I got to thinking about it when I saw the 160gb bundle with ratchet & clank and LBP2 SE for $199. I already have UC3 for myself, so my son really didn't need the same game. Plus LBP2 SE is $60 on Amazon. So for $189.99 shipped, I'm happy! Now I can go to walmart Friday and get my $75 I put down on the other system.

Awesome thank you so much for posting this.

For some reason, searching for the bundle does not work, it does not come up.

So glad I do not have to wait in line. Cant wait to pick it up from Will Call :D

[quote name='Deefuzz']Awesome! The 2 big items I wanted to get (Xbox and PS3 bundles) I was able to score at NewEgg! No waiting in lines for me! I am sure I can get any of the game and BluRay deals online.

Looks like I can just sit around, eat, get fat, and enjoy some spirits.[/QUOTE]

Grats but Amazon has the LD on the 360 bundle with $50 Gift Card, but it'll probably get all claimed the second it goes live.

I want the PS3 Bundle myself, I was able to sell my 60GB launch model for 400 bucks. So now I'll get a PS3 that doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner, consumes less power and make 200 bucks + whatever I get on eBay for those 2 games I care nothing about.

I hesitant to get it now on Newegg though since I have the Prime trial going on at Amazon, it would get here faster.

[quote name='roymustang']Grats but Amazon has the LD on the 360 bundle with $50 Gift Card, but it'll probably get all claimed the second it goes live. [/QUOTE]

That's a different bundle, and not the one I wanted.

[quote name='Deefuzz']That's a different bundle, and not the one I wanted.[/QUOTE]

Which bundle are you talking about?

[quote name='lito88']Which bundle are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it's the 250GB + Halo Reach + Fable III + 3 Months of XBL Gold for $199.99

[quote name='krashhole']I originally had the 320gb UC3 bundle in lay-a-way at walmart for $299. I got to thinking about it when I saw the 160gb bundle with ratchet & clank and LBP2 SE for $199. I already have UC3 for myself, so my son really didn't need the same game. Plus LBP2 SE is $60 on Amazon. So for $189.99 shipped, I'm happy! Now I can go to walmart Friday and get my $75 I put down on the other system.[/QUOTE]

How did you get it for that price. It isn't accepting my newcustomer10 code. Saying it isn't valid with that deal. So how did you get $10 off?

I dunno, it just worked.

1 x ($199.99) SONY PS3 160GB SYSTEM BDL $199.99

1 x ($-10.00) DISCOUNT FOR PROMOTION CODE$-10.00

Payment Term: Paypal
Extended Warranty: $0.00
Subtotal: $189.99
Tax: $0.00
Shipping and Handling: $0.00
Total Amount: $189.99

[quote name='3rdbass']How did you get it for that price. It isn't accepting my newcustomer10 code. Saying it isn't valid with that deal. So how did you get $10 off?[/QUOTE]

This is what I want/need to know as well! I've tried 4 accounts now and it won't accept it.

[quote name='roymustang']Grats but Amazon has the LD on the 360 bundle with $50 Gift Card, but it'll probably get all claimed the second it goes live.

I want the PS3 Bundle myself, I was able to sell my 60GB launch model for 400 bucks. So now I'll get a PS3 that doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner, consumes less power and make 200 bucks + whatever I get on eBay for those 2 games I care nothing about.

I hesitant to get it now on Newegg though since I have the Prime trial going on at Amazon, it would get here faster.[/QUOTE]

How did you sell your old PS3 for that much? I am going to be selling my old MGS edition that is BC. Any tips are appreciated.

[quote name='Darth Indy']This is what I want/need to know as well! I've tried 4 accounts now and it won't accept it.[/QUOTE]

I really don't need another PS3 as I have 2 fattys but I really want this one as the R&C game would be great for co-op fun also as well as getting a more efficient slim with bigger hd. I have too much credit on Amazon $90 to get it here if the $10 code doesn't work. I will try a couple more times as I like to save that credit.

[quote name='Darth Indy']This is what I want/need to know as well! I've tried 4 accounts now and it won't accept it.[/QUOTE]

It took me trying two accounts before it finally worked for me. It never would work with my live email account for some reason.

[quote name='robbrism']It took me trying two accounts before it finally worked for me. It never would work with my live email account for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks for the head up as I was using an live account. Let me try one of my yahoo accounts.

[quote name='3rdbass']Ok thanks for the head up as I was using an live account. Let me try one of my yahoo accounts.[/QUOTE]

I've tried yahoo account and can't get it to work. This is frustrating. I'm tired and want to go to bed but I don't wanna buy this without the extra $10 off.

[quote name='Darth Indy']I've tried yahoo account and can't get it to work. This is frustrating. I'm tired and want to go to bed but I don't wanna buy this without the extra $10 off.[/QUOTE]

Yep a true cheapassgamer. I feel the same way. I tried it too and it didn't work with yahoo either. I might try one more time. I wonder if they stopped people from using this on top of their BF prices after they noticed everyone opening new accounts to get the discount.

[quote name='krashhole']Once the item was in my cart, I added the code where it asks, it took off the $10 and then I proceeded to checkout.[/QUOTE]

Were you already signed in with your new account before adding game to cart or did you go on and add to cart and then did the new customer sign in? I'm tired of trying, about to say screw it and go to bed.

Charged $189.99
Process Info
Status: Charged - Your credit/debit card or other payment has been successfully charged. Please note that you may no longer make changes to your order.

Shipping from CA, USA
Sony PS3 160GB System w/Ratchet & Clank All 4 One & LittleBigPlanet 2 Special Edition
Item #: N82E16868110089
Iron Egg Standard Return Policy
$199.99
Subtotal $199.99
Tax $0.00
UPS 3 DAYS $0.00
Promo code -$10.00
Order Total $189.99

[quote name='robbrism']How did you sell your old PS3 for that much? I am going to be selling my old MGS edition that is BC. Any tips are appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Well some people seem to really care about BC so they go for more, plus mine was pristine, no scratches or anything and it was rarely used. I got kinda pissed that everytime I turned it on there was a firmware update, plus after about 15 mins of being on the fan would go into vacuum cleaner mode and the HD Netflix looked like shit (maybe they fixed it now?) compared to the 360 one so after a few years I just gave up and only used it as a Blu-Ray player. It probably had less than 20 hours of use over the 5 years. plus I had the box and all accessories and such, it looked like a new system almost.

Isn't the MGS one BC only through software emulation? If so that will hurt the value some since it doesnt work with all PS2 games. The 60GB launch models had the PS2 hardware built in so they work with all ps2 games.

I don't get why people care so much about the PS2 BC, it's not even upscaled like on the 360, it looks like shit on a HDTV. I mean if you have a decent PC you can just put your PS2 game disc in your PC disc drive and play in 1080p with PCSX2 and it's totally legal since you're using your own disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='roymustang']I'm guessing it's the 250GB + Halo Reach + Fable III + 3 Months of XBL Gold for $199.99[/QUOTE]

Sorry was talking about the LD you were talking about with the $50 gc

[quote name='lito88']Sorry was talking about the LD you were talking about with the $50 gc[/QUOTE]

Oh that's the 4GB Kinect Bundle for $199.99 +$50 Promotional Credit

[quote name='roymustang']
I don't get why people care so much about the PS2 BC, it's not even upscaled like on the 360, it looks like shit on a HDTV. [/QUOTE]

Holy shit, the 360 can play PS2 games?!

Code of $10 off worked for me as well; many thanks for the heads up!!

Now to trade both games for $42 total at Amazon = brand new PS3 for $147.99 (i.e., 189.99 - 42)

I loooove CAG:)

Wow I hadn't used Newegg in so long they apparently deleted my account. I just signed up again with the same email and I was a new costumer! I didn't use that 10 off code for a PS3 since that's out of my budget right now. I used it on a PSP 3000 which is now live for $99.99 w/free 3day shipping and no tax. So I got it for $89.99. I almost bought one at BB earlier this week but this just killed it for me.

[quote name='roymustang']I don't get why people care so much about the PS2 BC, it's not even upscaled like on the 360, it looks like shit on a HDTV[/QUOTE]

The PS3 upscales backwards compatible games to your highest selected display resolution, both PS1 and PS2 games can output at 1080p.

bread's done
Back