Metroid Other M for $4.99 Shipped at Best Buy

man i clicked like crazy only to realize it wasnt working because it said coming soon. good deal, it will likely go live while im sleeping i can feel it :(

[quote name='slidecage']as soon as it goes live it will say

SOLD OUT ONLINE[/QUOTE]

I dunno about that. My local store has probably close to 30 of these on the shelf and has had them since release like that.

Its truly one of the worst games i've ever played, but i'm not sure I can refuse it for that price to complete my collection.

Other M isn't that bad if you don't go in expecting this to be a traditional Metroid game. Could've done with less of the silly narrative, too. For $5, I'll bite.

[quote name='sneezebu']Its truly one of the worst games i've ever played, but i'm not sure I can refuse it for that price to complete my collection.[/QUOTE]

lol have you not played very many games then? it's not a particularly great game, but by no means is it one of the worst

[quote name='Coltin']lol have you not played very many games then? it's not a particularly great game, but by no means is it one of the worst[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking. This game got a lot more crap than it deserved. I actually enjoyed some aspects of it quite a bit, and it's a worthwhile play for fans of the franchise.

I actually heard the gameplays not too bad, its the way they treat Samus and turn her into an unbearably whiney, weak, little bitch that kills it for everyone.. Makes me horrified to think of what the team will be doing with the new Ninja Gaiden game. Ive read in interviews theyre trying to do the same kind of 'character exploration' they did with Samus to Ryu >_< There was a line along the lines of them saying they wanted to show Ryu's remorse for killing people, and for him to feel the pain of cutting into his foes and stuff like that. WTF? Ninjas know no remorse, yeesh

anyway, wish this deal was live tonight but looks like it wont be i gotta hit the sack

[quote name='PS2gamerGCN']Basically went from "Coming Soon" to "Sold Out Online" Instantly. Not sure if it was ever actually available for $4.99.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Though, I saw PS3 Shadow Colossus on Amazon the other day go just as quick. Bummer.

It seems that a lot of the stuff we got as premier silver, went OOS instantly when the public got to it just now. I wonder if there just wasnt any stock left in the website pipeline...

Bioshock 2 limited edition I was looking at for the art book went instant also. All them were a ploy by BB probably.

I grabbed a copy for $9.99 when Gamestop's prices went live a few hours back. It's still in stock. Not as good as 5 bucks, but still a good deal.

[quote name='ekard']Bioshock 2 limited edition I was looking at for the art book went instant also. All them were a ploy by BB probably.[/QUOTE]

That one was real and was live for a few hours I believe. A lot of CAGs got copies confirmed shipped.

So is anybody going to mark this dead yet? It's a good price, but I swear I never got the chance to actually buy it.

Bah, I was hoping to grab this with the wii I managed to get. Looks like I'll have to hope there are copies left in the store when I get off work tomorrow.

**edit** oh wait....working again...hooray!

Thanks OP, just bought a copy!
Let's hope it actually gets delivered, I bought Metroid Prime Trilogy last year from BB for $25, but they cancelled it after 2 freaking months of waiting.

Got one as well. HMMM... now to start with this one, then the Prime trilogy or vice versa? I'm guessing I should start with this one, since it's supposed to be the lesser of the Metroids. Don't wanna end anti-climatically quality wise.

[quote name='darrenaero']Got one as well. HMMM... now to start with this one, then the Prime trilogy or vice versa? I'm guessing I should start with this one, since it's supposed to be the lesser of the Metroids. Don't wanna end anti-climatically quality wise.[/QUOTE]
Definitely start with this one, since from what I hear, you'll hate Other M if you've played the Prime games.

bread's done
Back