Bandai Ent. Anime Sale @ Buy.com (up to 70% off plus free budget shipping)

WTK

CAGiversary!
swf_bandaiholiday.jpg

Bandai Ent. Anime Sale @ Buy.com (up to 70% off plus free budget shipping)

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to RightStuf AND DeepDiscount's amazing Thanksgiving Anime sales, I'm going to be bankrupt by the end of today. Thanks for the head's up!

I still struggle with Bandai's stupidity in not giving us a blu ray version of Code Geass and Mobile Suit Gundam 00, which are some of the better properties we have the misfortune of them publishing. Then when they do create blu ray's, they don't give us consolidated bundles. I hope they don't epic fail with Star Driver.

Sword of the Stranger on Blu ray is the cheapest price I ever seen for it. I just bought it off on Amazon for $20 a couple days ago but this Blu Ray was always in the $30 range. Get it while you still can people!

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Damn I love G Gundam but I think $44 might be too much for the series.[/QUOTE]

yeah it's not really that big of a discount. seems like they regularly go for around $26 on amazon.

Never seen 5 Centimeters Per Second, but with everyone's recommendations from the past I decided to finally get that and Gundam Wing collections. Thanks OP!

[quote name='pete5883']How much do these $22 collections come out to during a RightStuf studio sale?[/QUOTE]
40% off the MSRP is the norm for Bandai Ent. studio sales (which would be $29.99). If you're a GotAnime member it takes an additional 10% off the $29.99 price (which would be $26.99). So it's either $4.99 difference or $7.99.

Best deal there might be the Eureka Seven compilations; I've seen them sell for a good bit more than that used in the past.

I kind of want Big O, I'll have to think it over. Thanks for the heads-up OP!

Ugh, I just bought so much from the Deep Discount sale, but some of these are pretty good deals. I'm gonna have to think this over.

I know I'll definitely be buying the Lucky Star OVA. I'm also thinking about getting Banner/Crest of the Stars, The Big O, and some Gundam.

[quote name='slowdive21']I take it 5 cm per sec got a reprint. I still have a sealed original one somewhere around here... I might pick it up to watch.[/QUOTE]

DON'T! These things fetch quite a price if sealed.

[quote name='slowdive21']I take it 5 cm per sec got a reprint. I still have a sealed original one somewhere around here... I might pick it up to watch.[/QUOTE]

It's not a reprint. This is the joint release by Crunchyroll and Bandai. It has the newer English dub by Bang Zoom with Tara Platt and Johnny Yong Bosch as the main characters. The first release by ADV had its own English dub with Hilary Haag and David Matranga as the main characters.

[quote name='Razzuel']It's not a reprint. This is the joint release by Crunchyroll and Bandai. It has the newer English dub by Bang Zoom with Tara Platt and Johnny Yong Bosch as the main characters. The first release by ADV had its own English dub with Hilary Haag and David Matranga as the main characters.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I get enough ichigo. ;) I might just rent the original if I can find one.

Arg, no Gundam Unicorn blu-ray : /. Might pick up 5 cm per second and The girl who leapt through time. How is Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket? I'm a huge Gundam fan, that's one of the few I haven't seen.

[quote name='fishphoenix']Arg, no Gundam Unicorn blu-ray : /. Might pick up 5 cm per second and The girl who leapt through time. How is Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket? I'm a huge Gundam fan, that's one of the few I haven't seen.[/QUOTE]

I want the Unicorn Blu Rays so bad, but they're over $40 each, which I can not justify one bit.

It's inevitable that they'll do a box set though, so I'm just gonna hold out to own them until that shows up in a year or two.

Anyways, buying Code Geass since DeepDiscount fucked me on it earlier this year.

Also, use my Ebates thing in my sig to get some cash back from Buy.com

[quote name='fishphoenix']Arg, no Gundam Unicorn blu-ray : /. Might pick up 5 cm per second and The girl who leapt through time. How is Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket? I'm a huge Gundam fan, that's one of the few I haven't seen.[/QUOTE]

it gundam 0080 is part of the Universal Century and for me its very recommended...you can go to youtube search the japanese cm if you want to know more. the story focus on the children's view towards the war.

Gundam 0080 was alright. I liked Gundam 0083 and Gundam MS 8th Team much better. If you haven't watched those, you definitely should.

how is buy.com with shipping and everything? I've never ordered from them before and feeling kinda let down amazon hasn't dropped any anime for the weekend.

[quote name='Squall_L_FF8']Gundam 0080 was alright. I liked Gundam 0083 and Gundam MS 8th Team much better. If you haven't watched those, you definitely should.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have both 0083 and 08th MS Team. Both are very good. When I was a kid I didn't really like 08th MS Team very much, but as I grew older I started to really appreciate it for its story and "ordinary soldier" stance towards the war.

I already got pretty much every Ban Dai title I've ever wanted... Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, and Gurren Lagann are great imo.

Haruhi, Lucky star, and K-ON! are alright, are great for those prices. K-ON! however will have to wait for me until there's a complete set... never buying anything as an individual DVD/Blu because you know it will be an "Anime Legend" collection before you know it.

[quote name='SanjiX']I already got pretty much every Ban Dai title I've ever wanted... Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, and Gurren Lagann are great imo.

Haruhi, Lucky star, and K-ON! are alright, are great for those prices. K-ON! however will have to wait for me until there's a complete set... never buying anything as an individual DVD/Blu because you know it will be an "Anime Legend" collection before you know it.[/QUOTE]

I wish there were more episodes of outlaw star. :cry:

I was hoping if someone here could let me know if upgrading to the blu-ray version of the girl who leapt through time is worth it? I already own the DVD.

[quote name='stiner']how is buy.com with shipping and everything? I've never ordered from them before and feeling kinda let down amazon hasn't dropped any anime for the weekend.[/QUOTE]
I'm curious about this too, this seems like a great deal but I've never actually ordered from buy.com before, although I'm thinking of it now.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I was hoping if someone here could let me know if upgrading to the blu-ray version of the girl who leapt through time is worth it? I already own the DVD.[/QUOTE]

I own it, but I haven't watched the Blu-ray yet.

However, you can check out this in-depth review and comparison of the Korean DVD and the US Blu-ray here: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews34/girl_who_leapt_through_time.htm

If that's not enough, or if you'd rather have a comparison with the US DVD and the US Blu-ray, then let me know, and I'll take a couple screenshots for you.

Those prices are absolutely mental.

I placed an order for 5 cm/s and The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya BD/DVD combo. Hope they get restocked.

got outlaw star and cowboy bebop... been waiting for a long time for prices to drop on those (to the $20ish range). Thanks OP!

[quote name='Razzuel']I own it, but I haven't watched the Blu-ray yet.

However, you can check out this in-depth review and comparison of the Korean DVD and the US Blu-ray here: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews34/girl_who_leapt_through_time.htm

If that's not enough, or if you'd rather have a comparison with the US DVD and the US Blu-ray, then let me know, and I'll take a couple screenshots for you.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the link. I guess I'll stick with the DVD version since the PS3 does such a nice job of upscaling. Although it wouldn't hurt to get your opinion on the differences between the US releases in terms of video quality.

So how long does it typically take for buy.com to restock things? I waited too long on 5 cm per second and the girl who leapt through time, both are out of stock >

lol - I had to pick up Tekken: Blood Vengeance. Don't have a PS3 and don't plan on getting one -- at least not until next year (happy with my 360 and Wii). Been wanting to see this since I saw the trailer in theaters and heard the same folks behind the CG in the games handled the animation.

[quote name='romeogbs19']lol - I had to pick up Tekken: Blood Vengeance. Don't have a PS3 and don't plan on getting one -- at least not until next year (happy with my 360 and Wii). Been wanting to see this since I saw the trailer in theaters and heard the same folks behind the CG in the games handled the animation.[/QUOTE]

The CG is ok... until towards the end. The story is soooo sooo bad.

I ended up getting the disappearance of haruhi (blu), still debating whether or not to pick up the girl who leapt through time on blu.

picked up girl who leapt through time and gundam 00 movie on blu....with gundam 00 on blu at $12 is no brainer...and bandai ent rarely drop price....was hoping bandai ent/aniplex anime related drop price too such as xamd, gundam unicorn, and stardriver, and hope they re-release Gunbuster OVA in blu in the states :) and other gundam ova in blu which they released in japan

[quote name='brother bendu']Anyone know how long this sale is going to be?

I can't keep on spending like this. lol[/QUOTE]

Anyone know the answer?

[quote name='brother bendu']Anyone know the answer?[/QUOTE]

No one has the slightest clue when these sales end? I dont want to come off as a douche, but I would really appreciate if anyone can answer my question.

P.S I decided not to wait and picked up Outlaw Star. That was a heavily slept on series. Are there anymore anime series/movies that someone can recommend? I like action, adventure , and sci fi anime. However, I am open to more genres if it is great plot/story-wise. Some of my favorite are Cowboy Bebep, Samurai Shampoo, Dragonball z, Full Metal, Ninja Scrolls, Ghost in a Shell (movie), ect.

[quote name='brother bendu']No one has the slightest clue when these sales end? I dont want to come off as a douche, but I would really appreciate if anyone can answer my question.[/QUOTE]
Buy.com almost never mentions when their anime sales expire. With that said, sales typically last a couple weeks up toward a month.

[quote name='brother bendu']No one has the slightest clue when these sales end? I dont want to come off as a douche, but I would really appreciate if anyone can answer my question.

P.S I decided not to wait and picked up Outlaw Star. That was a heavily slept on series. Are there anymore anime series/movies that someone can recommend? I like action, adventure , and sci fi anime. However, I am open to more genres if it is great plot/story-wise. Some of my favorite are Cowboy Bebep, Samurai Shampoo, Dragonball z, Full Metal, Ninja Scrolls, Ghost in a Shell (movie), ect.[/QUOTE]

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1 and 2 are really good. And it has awesome music by Yoko Kanno.

Gunslinger Girl is one of my all time favorites, but it's more character driven. Some people also find it fucked up.

Gundam Seed and Destiny... I know, a lot of people would recommend the originals, or Unicorn, or whatever else. But personally, Seed had my favorite scene ever, and it has Lacus.

Code Geass has a great story and some action.

Is it me or did I just recommend only titles starting with G, other than Code Geass...?

[quote name='elessar123']Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1 and 2 are really good. And it has awesome music by Yoko Kanno.

Gunslinger Girl is one of my all time favorites, but it's more character driven. Some people also find it fucked up.

Gundam Seed and Destiny... I know, a lot of people would recommend the originals, or Unicorn, or whatever else. But personally, Seed had my favorite scene ever, and it has Lacus.

Code Geass has a great story and some action.

Is it me or did I just recommend only titles starting with G, other than Code Geass...?[/QUOTE]

I agree with elessar. You might also like Desert Punk which has comedy and action. (i haven't seen Gunslinger girl though).

bread's done
Back