The Post-Thanksgiving CAGcast Call-in extravaganza OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='spoonman']Who's the dickhead on standby who keeps harassing the callers? Jimmy? Sounds like a great guy![/QUOTE]
This man was not impressed.

[quote name='Maklershed']Howdy. Anyone risking their sack* to go BF shopping today?

*(or funbags for Ms. Chika Chikerson)[/QUOTE]

Man's(and Woman's) inhumanity towards Man(and Woman) was in Full Effect today! I think this is the earliest I've ever come back from BF shopping, and with the least amount of stuff.

Yeah, I started at 10 and got back at 8 so a total of 10 hours out and about pretty much. Got everything I wanted though.

The Intel rebates on the SSD's are ridiculous. I would have gotten a 160 gig one if the rebate wasn't so much. I did bite on an 80 gig for my laptop. 70 dollar rebate and 10 dollar newegg credit sat much better with me than a 120 dollar rebate and battlefield 3.

If the drive was going in my desktop I probably would have bit the bullet and gotten the bigger drive.

If there was any funny bits to the call-in show I hope someone recorded them. I still get a laugh at the classic Graystone one.

Speaking of Skyrim - any good deals on it today? My buddy is looking to get a copy but since I already have it I haven't been really paying attention to if there were deals.

[quote name='Maklershed']Howdy. Anyone risking their sack* to go BF shopping today?

*(or funbags for Ms. Chika Chikerson)[/QUOTE]

I did my BF shopping on Wednesday. :razz: I picked up 4 3-month xbox live cards on Wednesday, and price adjusted them to the $10 price today. Good thing too, because when I ran by electronics about possibly getting more, they were out.

[quote name='Maklershed']Speaking of Skyrim - any good deals on it today? My buddy is looking to get a copy but since I already have it I haven't been really paying attention to if there were deals.[/QUOTE]

Only one I recall seeing was Target having a $10 giftcard. Wasn't a whole lot of BF deals for that game when I last looked, but granted, I haven't really looked since Wednesday, so unless it wasn't in a leaked ad, it might be a bust for now for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I never do black friday day stuff anyway but this is the first year I at least took a look at some of the online deals. What a waste of time.

Maybe I take the cheap ass a little more serious than others but I can swing most of the these deals any day of the week. I thought I would be able to pick some stuff up without doing my usually shindigging.....ahhh well.

[quote name='Maklershed']The only Black Friday deal I really got in on this year was the Mad Men bluray sale. Got all 4 seasons for $35.[/QUOTE]

I only bought the first two seasons because it seems like something I will either get super into or hate immediately.

I got in on the $30 Uncharted 3 and the $200 32" LED TV from Best Buy online -- was hoping to get in on the amazon 3 months of XBL for $8, but they sold out instantly -- my "add to cart" attempt at the immediate appearance of the button left me with a "thinking" swirl which just kept going infinitely, when I finally got the page to refresh, the deal had been moved to expired/claimed. The only other thing was the $10 Yakuza 4, but I wasn't dealing with the local wal-mart for that in person and those retards didn't put the sale price on it online... they still want $60 @ walmart.com. :bomb:

This has not been a good week for my gaming purchases as the copy of UMvC3 I won off eBay for $35 shipped was listed by a fucking retarded who pre-pended their paypal address in the auction with www. -- this leaves me unable to pay for the item via paypal as paypal doesn't know how to route my payment to the correct seller account or notify eBay. eBay tech support said it was entirely the sellers fault and that *I* had to contact the seller to tell them so they can fix or cancel the item -- I think they're going to have to cancel because you can't edit an auction after it's ended, which means I'd have to pay them outside of eBay and lose my buyer protection. That's not going to fuckin' happen. The worst part of it all was that the closest GS with a used copy is 45 miles away and I WAS 5 MINUTES FROM IT ON MONDAY when our friend was having her twin babies in the hospital down the road. However, since I'd won the auction and promptly paid, I had no reason to go to GS to pick it up. :bomb:

I get off at a half hour before midnight so i thuoght about stopping at toys r us or wal mart. (I wanted that Yakuza for $10, and they had some other game for $15)

Found things for the same price at amazon, and i had a credit there. Amazon didnt have Uncharted 2 for $15 though. :sad:

Might go to old navy tomorrow once this madness has calmed down and see what's left, might be able to check out gamestop then too.

39 weeks. still no new baby. which means I have to go into work today. (and possibly monday as well)

[quote name='Maklershed']Tell me about your Skyrim character 83. Whats its name, what makes it tick, etc[/QUOTE]

He's a Level 11 Redguard named Rastan. After a narrow escape at the hands of a Dragon, he is now resident in the town of Whitemane where he was just initiated into the Inner Circle and is now a Werewolf. He prefers two-handed weapons.

You?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I got in on the $30 Uncharted 3 and the $200 32" LED TV from Best Buy online -- was hoping to get in on the amazon 3 months of XBL for $8, but they sold out instantly -- my "add to cart" attempt at the immediate appearance of the button left me with a "thinking" swirl which just kept going infinitely, when I finally got the page to refresh, the deal had been moved to expired/claimed. The only other thing was the $10 Yakuza 4, but I wasn't dealing with the local wal-mart for that in person and those retards didn't put the sale price on it online... they still want $60 @ walmart.com. :bomb:

This has not been a good week for my gaming purchases as the copy of UMvC3 I won off eBay for $35 shipped was listed by a fucking retarded who pre-pended their paypal address in the auction with www. -- this leaves me unable to pay for the item via paypal as paypal doesn't know how to route my payment to the correct seller account or notify eBay. eBay tech support said it was entirely the sellers fault and that *I* had to contact the seller to tell them so they can fix or cancel the item -- I think they're going to have to cancel because you can't edit an auction after it's ended, which means I'd have to pay them outside of eBay and lose my buyer protection. That's not going to fuckin' happen. The worst part of it all was that the closest GS with a used copy is 45 miles away and I WAS 5 MINUTES FROM IT ON MONDAY when our friend was having her twin babies in the hospital down the road. However, since I'd won the auction and promptly paid, I had no reason to go to GS to pick it up. :bomb:[/QUOTE]I got in on that 3 months of live for $8 as a goldbox deal yesterday but it was 5 bucks to ship. So instead I just got the 3 month digital code for 13. And that's all I bought this year. I got Skyrim coming in the mail soon so I don't need to buy any other games right now.

[quote name='DT778']I got in on that 3 months of live for $8 as a goldbox deal yesterday but it was 5 bucks to ship. So instead I just got the 3 month digital code for 13. And that's all I bought this year. I got Skyrim coming in the mail soon so I don't need to buy any other games right now.[/QUOTE]

If you bought it on a console, I wouldn't play at all until the patch hits sometime next week. Apparently x360 has texture streaming issues if you install it and of course longer load times if you do not; ps3 has some fatal bug where if the save file/install data (one of the two) grows too large (from remembering all the item locations and dead bodies and such) the game stutters trying to autosave making it choppy and unplayable. fucking Bethesda.

Nothing for me this year on BF. Though, I did grab the Trails of Heroes LE for the PSP when I was ordering some protein powder. I actually need to list more stuff on Amazon to sell as I need to start saving money for when I relocate to the far East.

[quote name='Number83']He's a Level 11 Redguard named Rastan. After a narrow escape at the hands of a Dragon, he is now resident in the town of Whitemane where he was just initiated into the Inner Circle and is now a Werewolf. He prefers two-handed weapons.

You?[/QUOTE]

Ha nice. I only just became level 2 so I don't have much to tell yet but my guy is an Imperial warrior named Stone who looks like Matthew McConnaughey in Reign of Fire. He's pretty much only used a shield and a mace so far. And he's trying to become a member of the Companions at the moment.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If you bought it on a console, I wouldn't play at all until the patch hits sometime next week. Apparently x360 has texture streaming issues if you install it and of course longer load times if you do not; ps3 has some fatal bug where if the save file/install data (one of the two) grows too large (from remembering all the item locations and dead bodies and such) the game stutters trying to autosave making it choppy and unplayable.fucking Bethesda.[/QUOTE]I got it for the 360. I'll play it off the disc unless I get annoyed by the system noise and long loading times.

I should read up a little bit on this game so I can get an idea of what type of character I want to create.

Recovered a little from work, although still tired as hell. Only took a nap for now so I can go to bed later tonight and try to get my sleep schedule back on track after the crazy week.

Work went relatively smooth at least, but around 3 or 4, I was surprised that the store became slow. I expected it to be nuts all day, but that wasn't the case, as come 4 or so, it was kind of like a normalish saturday. Except for toys/electronics. That was just a giant clusterfuck.

Had two lol moments though. One came in the first hour where a man was pushing what appeared to be his mom in one of those child carts. The other, I had a hard time getting into one of the bathrooms, so I had a co-worker go in for me, and she was asking who needed toilet paper and such. She put some out in the open, but for one stall, she threw it over the door and said catch. I literally died from laughter on the spot.

Turkey was damn good and I got all the Blus I wanted online. Not a bad Thanksgiving/Black Friday. Might head out later to Half Price Books and GS to see what's what.

Skyrim peeps - how do you switch quickly between weapons/magic? Ideally I'd like to hit left on the d-pad to go to the sword, up to magic, right to bow and arrow but I can't seem to find a way to do that.

Up always pulls up the list, but once you are on the list, if you hold down the dpad left or right after you've selected stuff (like sword/shield) it will favorite it so each time you hit dpad left or right it will pull it up without pausing. Works for spells too.

[quote name='Maklershed']Tell me about your Skyrim character 83. Whats its name, what makes it tick, etc[/QUOTE]

Why do you ask him about his and not me about mine? Mine's like...a level 32 already!

Pretty big BF haul this year between me and the lady.

lord-of-the-rings-blu-ray.jpg

Final%20Trilogy%204-6-edit.jpg

horrible-bosses-blu-ray.jpg

Pulp-Fiction-Blu-ray-Disc-2011.jpg

X-Men-First-Class-DVD-Blu-ray.jpg

thumbnail.asp

madden-12-xbox_display_image.jpg

ONKHTS3400.PNG

LG-55LW5300-buy-best-price-sale.jpg

(55" LED Passive 3D TV)

[quote name='Eviltude']I just bought a 46" Westy.[/QUOTE]

I'd say congrats, but I'm not sure how the quality is anymore -- my 42" LCD is solid and has been since 12/2007 when I bought it -- it's got some problems with refreshing and quick burn in, but nothing overly noticeable most of the time.

Back a couple weeks ago when bestbuy and target and other retailers were running the great HDTV sales, I grabbed a 32" LCD Westinghouse and not only did it have a dead pixel in the middle of the screen but the TV was unable to "remember" the settings for screen picture aspect ratio, noise filtering, and dynamic lighting, so every time the TV was turned on you had to set them all again. Between the dead pixel and the incompetent feature set, I returned it.

Make sure you're happy with it before the return window is up (and I'd possibly suggest adding a protection plan just in case for peace of mind if it's not terribly expensive)...

I'm hoping for after Christmas deals on MW3 and Skyrim since BF came up with nothing. I remember I bought MW1 the day after Christmas the year it came out for like $30 or $40.

[quote name='seanr1221']Pretty big BF haul this year between me and the lady.

LG-55LW5300-buy-best-price-sale.jpg

(55" LED Passive 3D TV)
[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Noice. I bought a Sony 55" 3D LED TV today.

[quote name='prmononoke']Noice. I bought a Sony 55" 3D LED TV today.[/QUOTE]

The one that came with the surround at Best Buy?

The only thing that has me nervous with this tv is some people are complaining about lag issues in games.

There's quite a few people who say putting it on "pc mode" fixes everything, but there's a few out there saying it won't change anything.

[quote name='seanr1221']The one that came with the surround at Best Buy?

The only thing that has me nervous with this tv is some people are complaining about lag issues in games.

There's quite a few people who say putting it on "pc mode" fixes everything, but there's a few out there saying it won't change anything.[/QUOTE]

No, I got it from a local store here in Omaha. Nebraska Furniture Mart. 1368~, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back