Mother 3 Handbook reprint

dejeckt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
This isn't really a deal, but I'm going to go ahead add a thread cause it deserves one.

Mother 3 Handbook has been reprinted ^^ Ready for preorder, and it seems that it will be shipped out sometime early-mid December.

http://fangamer.net/products/m3-handbook

Softcover - $20
Hardcover - $29
PDF - +$5 ($6 by itself)
Courage Badge - +$7 ($10 by itself)

Additional Info on Changes/Updates (all credit goes to Vinny for catching this)
The Handbook is back! Here's what's new in Version 2:

Hardback option
Synthetic cloth case-binding
Debossed and printed with silver foil
Black satin bookmark w/ matching headbands
28-page Enemy Guide
Front and (all-new) back illustrations
Levels, stats, drops, & special info
Easy-reference weakness chart
Dozens of new clay figurine illustrations
Updated Poster Jacket design
Dozens of small design/content tweaks
Our first book (well, second if you count the Anthology), this Handbook is easily the most labor-intensive project we’ve ever tackled: a 272-page English language player’s guide to the world of MOTHER 3.

Three delivery options:
New synthetic cloth-bound hardback
Perfect-bound paperback
High-resolution digital PDF
270 glossy, full-color pages
Thousands of maps, diagrams, and illustrations
32-page reference filled with enemy, item, PSI, food, and strategy information
Dust jacket which doubles as a tall poster
Absolutely packed with Jon Kay’s incredible design/layout talent, each of the book’s 8 chapters is designed in a unique style, accented with boss/MC clay models sculpted by Camille Young (Meeellla), NPC and enemy illustrations by Emilio Orsi (emilio) and Marty Elmer (Omnitarian), and item illustrations by Sebastian Hardy (Sebastian).

On top of all that is a team of writers and editors who scoured every corner of the game and converted their knowledge into a helpful, thorough, and enjoyable handbook which will guide you through the world of MOTHER 3 instead of simply spitting out to-do lists.

More information and a free online version at http://handbook.fangamer.com!

Free shipping on orders over $65
15% off orders over $100 with the coupon HAPPYBOX

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about the link (I'm not sure what's wrong), and thanks vinny for adding a link. I personally never even played earthbound/mother series, but I always wanted this handbook.

Reading the info, it looks like the hardcover was actually updated...

The Handbook is back! Here's what's new in Version 2:

Hardback option
Synthetic cloth case-binding
Debossed and printed with silver foil
Black satin bookmark w/ matching headbands
28-page Enemy Guide
Front and (all-new) back illustrations
Levels, stats, drops, & special info
Easy-reference weakness chart
Dozens of new clay figurine illustrations
Updated Poster Jacket design
Dozens of small design/content tweaks

That kinda sucks for people who bought it originally...

[quote name='Mako1215']How about they do the game lol.[/QUOTE]

ya.. lol, wtf? Ive been wanting to check the game out but it never got a release at all in English as far as i know

[quote name='Kenshindono']ya.. lol, wtf? Ive been wanting to check the game out but it never got a release at all in English as far as i know[/QUOTE]

Never got an official English release, but 100% unofficially translated

[quote name='Kenshindono']ya.. lol, wtf? Ive been wanting to check the game out but it never got a release at all in English as far as i know[/QUOTE]

Earthbound?

Nevermind. Earthbound is Mother 2.

Arg! I'm torn. I got the original paperback but my dustcover was ruined. My cover has very slight water damage and I don't need another copy, but the hardcover is very tempting.

[quote name='sadboy']Hmm. I'm not sure whether I should buy this, since I have the original.[/QUOTE]

i'm in the same position. if anything you can always sell it when they're out of print and get your money back.

is the site down? those links were having trouble earlier when they posted it on facebook, but now the whole fangamer (store) site won't load for me.

Thanks OP. I've heard a lot about Fangamer's Mother handbooks, and I'm glad I finally got to buy one.

Now all I have to do now is play the game....

& Just now they decide to add more content as well as hardcover, after most of us bought the damn things in the past 2 years =\

Shady bullshit. That is all.

I bought the original years back, and it is just about the best quality you will ever see from an american made guide book. This isn't just a strategy guide, but an work of art. If your not into Japanese style guide/art books, pass this by. But if your into supporting a great game that was very lucky to get an english translation, and the guys who did it, please buy this book. You won't be dissapointed.

Great site overall. All of their products are really top-notch and I can't recommend them enough, you'll definitely be pleased with any purchase from fangamer. :) I've probably spent close to $200 there, really great site!

[quote name='UberNinjaz']& Just now they decide to add more content as well as hardcover, after most of us bought the damn things in the past 2 years =\

Shady bullshit. That is all.[/QUOTE]

Is it shady every time a game is re-released as GOTY edition with extras?

Nice find...heard about this the first go around...

Picked up the hard cover and courage badge.

Anyone know the print run of the original and reprint?

Or are they basing the reprint on pre-orders?

[quote name='Muthafodder']Nice find...heard about this the first go around...

Picked up the hard cover and courage badge.

Anyone know the print run of the original and reprint?

Or are they basing the reprint on pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

I can't really say for sure, but I think they print the preorder amount with addition of extras. After that I think they don't print anymore copies until much later like now.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Is it shady every time a game is re-released as GOTY edition[/QUOTE]

No

with extras?
Yes, if they are important enough that people would think about rebuying for the new features and they aren't available as DLC.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Is it shady every time a game is re-released as GOTY edition with extras?[/QUOTE]
To be fair, that's a terrible analogy. How often do GOTY editions come with things that you can only get with the GOTY? Typically, they just pack in the DLC. This is more like MvC3 and Ultimate MvC3 where the only way to get the new content is to rebuy the game.

That said, I don't find this to be that big of a deal. The original print of the book was like 2 and a half years ago, wasn't it? And their store wasn't that big at the time, that I remember. So maybe it was just a matter of being unable to afford to offer hardbinding then. Plus it's a fan made thing, so obviously once it's out, they'll think of things they had wished they added.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Is it shady every time a game is re-released as GOTY edition with extras?[/QUOTE]
Everyone expects a GoTY edition these days, so no not really. I didn't expect a guide I bought last year to be absolute bullcrap & outdated now however, at the very least I should getting a goddamn discount from them =\

[quote name='UberNinjaz']I didn't expect a guide I bought last year to be absolute bullcrap & outdated now however[/QUOTE]

You can rip the pages out and use them as tissues.

1. They always said they are going to do a reprint.
2. The guide worth quit a bit for long period of time. You could have easily sell it and made a nice profit.

To be fair, that's a terrible analogy. How often do GOTY editions come with things that you can only get with the GOTY? Typically, they just pack in the DLC. This is more like MvC3 and Ultimate MvC3 where the only way to get the new content is to rebuy the game.

In counter-fairness there are not many analogies available to a fan-made guide of a fan-translated game for a 10 year old system.

[quote name='salty tbone']You can rip the pages out and use them as tissues.[/QUOTE]
I have a sensitive rectum so nope.

[quote name='xycury']for those that are butt hurt because they bought the first run.......

http://fangamer.net/products/m3-handbook-pdf[/QUOTE]
Because this will magically make the $30 + whatever shipping I paid appear in my hands =\

This is nothing short of shady business & I'm appalled some of you are actually considering buying a second guide.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']I have a sensitive rectum so nope.

Because this will magically make the $30 + whatever shipping I paid appear in my hands =\

This is nothing short of shady business & I'm appalled some of you are actually considering buying a second guide.[/QUOTE]

I bet those people buying those Britannica Encyclopedia's every year because they updated the
definition of Stupid, are pretty peeved too.

[quote name='xycury']I bet those people buying those Britannica Encyclopedia's every year because they updated the
definition of Stupid, are pretty peeved too.[/QUOTE]

ok, that made me laugh. :D

[quote name='UberNinjaz']This is nothing short of shady business & I'm appalled some of you are actually considering buying a second guide.[/QUOTE]

Dude...that was two years ago...get over it.

Apalled...really?

Sounds more like you're bent that others are buying a better version that you didn't get TWO years ago.

bread's done
Back