Bioshock and Bioshock 2 PC ($5) and add-ons (Minerva's Den $5) 50% off on GfWL.

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/BioShock-Series

Bioshock $5
Bioshock 2 $5
Minerva's Den $5
The Protector Trials Free
Killing them Kindly Free
Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack $2.50
Rapture Metro $5
Zigo and Blanche $1

You can use Microsoft Points to buy. The game itself has been $5 dollars at a lot of places, but the only two places, at least that I know of, to buy Minerva's Den is GfWL and D2D (which still has to be activated on GfWL).

Since this is a Deal of the Week it should end 12/1/2011 unless Microsoft extends it for being buried in the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know it doesn't say. This is the first time I've seen Minerva's Den on sale for PC though so I made sure to jump on it.

[quote name='Qwertykeys']How long is the sale for?[/QUOTE]

I would also like to know, really considering picking up Minerva's Den.

if Microsoft wants GamesOnDemand on xbox to be taken seriously, they really should do sales like this on xbox. I wont buy them unless they do something insanely cheap, as I hate Digital Distribution for console games.

If Microsoft wanted these sales to be taken seriously they wouldn't have buried them on xbox site.

They merged the GFWL site a few months back. This is like the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen the Bioshock 2 stuff go for half off.

Seeing as they still have yet to change the DOTW from Creed in ~week+ now, hopefully they will finally update it. MS really gives a shit about GFWL. Last good deal was Fable 3 for ~$12.50 and I have still yet to play it.

[quote name='Qwertykeys']How long is the sale for?[/QUOTE]

I second this. Can anyone figure it out? I had Bioshock 2 for PC but never finished 1. Then I got Bioshock 2 for 360 via BB deal and bought all the DLC when it was on sale. I just wanna know if I have time to get to Bioshock 2 to see if I like it enough to play it on both systems (and double up on the achievements) and thus double buy the DLC...

Hard to tell that stuff really is even on sale. There's no indication I can find anywhere that that's the case (not that I doubt the OP). It's not listed as a Deal of the Week nor as part of their BF/CM sales.

[quote name='Outinthedark'] MS really gives a shit about GFWL. Last good deal was Fable 3 for ~$12.50 and I have still yet to play it.[/QUOTE]

It's sort of funny to watch Microsoft in regards to GFW. They seem to go through waves of just completely pretending it doesn't exist and then sudden bursts of insisting they consider it a priority and here's why! I think even the merging of GFWL and Xbox Live was claimed to be some new benefit to the PC community, but it's obvious it is more a case of them moving into the apathetic phase. They want to compete with Steam, but they do such a half-assed job of it, it's no surprise it's been an utter failure.

I've heard nothing but EXCELLENT things about this DLC. And I think it's going to be a long, LONG time before we see anything lower than a 50% discount on this.

[quote name='z3razerviper']to many excelent new games out now to worry about 50% off dlc on what is now an old old game[/QUOTE]

Old games never die and Bioshock 2 is actually pretty good, despite everyones weird hate for it.

The site finally updated and Bioshock 2 is the deal of the week so the deal should end tomorrow.

If i got Bioshock 2 on Steam, with this DLC play nice? I ask because i dont think i can use DLC bought on Steam for Section 8: Prejudice with my GFWL purchased copy....

[quote name='humidore']If i got Bioshock 2 on Steam, with this DLC play nice? I ask because i dont think i can use DLC bought on Steam for Section 8: Prejudice with my GFWL purchased copy....[/QUOTE]
The dlc will work. It has to work for all copies since 2k only released the dlc on GFWL and D2D.

[quote name='humidore']If i got Bioshock 2 on Steam, with this DLC play nice? I ask because i dont think i can use DLC bought on Steam for Section 8: Prejudice with my GFWL purchased copy....[/QUOTE]

I bought Bioshock 2 on Steam a while ago and bought Minerva's Den on GFWL during this sale, and it worked fine. Just downloaded the DLC through the GFWL client and let it do its thing.

[quote name='Cantatus']It's sort of funny to watch Microsoft in regards to GFW. They seem to go through waves of just completely pretending it doesn't exist and then sudden bursts of insisting they consider it a priority and here's why! I think even the merging of GFWL and Xbox Live was claimed to be some new benefit to the PC community, but it's obvious it is more a case of them moving into the apathetic phase. They want to compete with Steam, but they do such a half-assed job of it, it's no surprise it's been an utter failure.[/QUOTE]

+1. Typical Microsoft.

[quote name='SOLUSDEATH']Thanks for the heads up, got Minerva's Den:)[/QUOTE]

Does someone have this DLC for sale???

I like to play it, i looked even for cracked version everywhere and nothing...

In my country it is not so easy...:cry:

thanks

[quote name='spcxxx']Does someone have this DLC for sale???

I like to play it, i looked even for cracked version everywhere and nothing...

In my country it is not so easy...:cry:

thanks[/QUOTE]

I forgot to mention i need PC version....

I have already bioshock 2 patched to 1.5 version

bread's done
Back