[Dead] 40% off Used DVD's/30% off Used Blus at GoHastings.com

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hastings has started their Cyber Monday sale early and has 40% off on Used/Previously Viewed DVD's and 30% off Used/PV Blu-rays. That's about the best discounts you'll get from them

Used Code: CYBERMON
Shipping per item: $2.28 (books ship free)

Used DVD's
Used Blu-rays

Used = Traded in by customers (generally better condition)
Previously viewed = Previous rental

Some Highlights (before shipping):

Blu-ray:

Star Wars Original Trilogy - $18.21 - Sold out
Star Wars Prequel Trilogy - $14.42 - Sold iout
Captain America - $11.51
Band of Brothers - $20.65
Mad Men Season 1 - $6.72
Mad Men Season 4 - $9.83
Planet Earth Special Edition - $15.83
Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 1 - $16.39

DVD:

Nip/Tuck Season 1
- $1.79
Batman Beyond Season 1 - $4.82

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']Hastings has started their Cyber Monday sale early and has 40% off on Used/Previously Viewed DVD's and 30% off Used/PV Blu-rays. That's about the best discounts you'll get from them

Used Code: CYBERMON
Shipping per item: $2.28 (books ship free)

Used DVD's
Used Blu-rays

Used = Traded in by customers (generally better condition)
Previously viewed = Previous rental

Some Highlights (before shipping):

Blu-ray:

Star Wars Original Trilogy - $18.21
Star Wars Prequel Trilogy - $14.42
Captain America - $11.51
Band of Brothers - $20.65[/QUOTE]

eh, still pretty crappy prices. WITH free shipping it might be worthwhile. otherwise 50% off blu's is where it needs to be.

added a few more, and I'll continue to do so. The sale is great for TV shows on DVD. There's plenty of good deals on there so feel free to point some out.

I've been very pleased with the condition these movies come in, most look as good as new so I personally don't mind saving money and buying them used, but if you do then that's fine too, one less to compete with :)

They had a 30% off sale on used books but it just ended. You can try the code BLACKFRIDAY and see if it works still. Make sure to check the Hastings thread in the VG section for the latest deals. I just figured I'd highlight this particular sale since I think it's noteworthy

edit: nope BLACKFRIDAY is dead, thought there might have been overlap around now

Grabbed both star wars sets for 37ish shipped earlier, seemed too good a price to pass. (I don't care for special features anyway).

knew they would sell out, didn't think it would take less than an hour though. Thanks op

Just managed to get a copy of SW Original Trilogy blu that showed in stock for under $19 shipped. It's alright price-wise.

Didn't go for the BF new set at 30 since it wasn't a priority, but I've been wanting to watch it again -- with Lucas' changes, or not. It still has the essence intact. Praying that GoHastings doesn't send me a copy with any essences attached though.

*GoHastings SUCKS. They canceled my order. I'll wait until next year if I still care.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hibiwa']*GoHastings SUCKS. They canceled my order. I'll wait until next year if I still care.[/QUOTE]

I gotta say, I'm usually a big fan of GoHastings but this year they've been the ass-crack of BF. They've been spamming me "deal" E-mails CONSTANTLY all week with mediocre to worthless offers. I normally like receiving their E-mails, but their used sale prices can't even beat anyone's new prices right now, especially with BB offering free shipping on everything.

Almost all of their used prices are higher than Best Buy and Amazon's new prices... after the 30% off...

Depends on what you're looking at, obviously many of Amazon's and BB's BF/CM deals are going to trump these prices, but clearly there are also deals that are much cheaper here than getting it new from those retailers.. For instance the Planet Earth Special edition just went on sale Amazon for $34.99 (normally ~$50), it's $18.11 shipped at Hastings.

I don't get why people bitch and moan about Hastings. It must because they haven't figured out how Hastings work and how to take advantage of their offerings despite their shortcomings. Yes they haven't had anything that good for Black Friday, but this Cyber Monday 40% off used DVD and 30% off Blu is rarely offered throughout the year, unlike the 30/20 they have for BF. Of course major retailers are going to have better prices than some smaller regional chain. But you can find deals if you take the time to search them out and do some math. Don't feel like doing that? Great, the less people on sites like these trying to be savvy and figuring out the deals, the better it is for me.

[quote name='kodave']Don't feel like doing that? Great, the less people on sites like these trying to be savvy and figuring out the deals, the better it is for me.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!
m_highfive.gif

[quote name='ssjmichael']Depends on what you're looking at, obviously many of Amazon's and BB's BF/CM deals are going to trump these prices, but clearly there are also deals that are much cheaper here than getting it new from those retailers.. For instance the Planet Earth Special edition just went on sale Amazon for $34.99 (normally ~$50), it's $18.11 shipped at Hastings.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kodave']I don't get why people bitch and moan about Hastings. It must because they haven't figured out how Hastings work and how to take advantage of their offerings despite their shortcomings. Yes they haven't had anything that good for Black Friday, but this Cyber Monday 40% off used DVD and 30% off Blu is rarely offered throughout the year, unlike the 30/20 they have for BF. Of course major retailers are going to have better prices than some smaller regional chain. But you can find deals if you take the time to search them out and do some math. Don't feel like doing that? Great, the less people on sites like these trying to be savvy and figuring out the deals, the better it is for me.[/QUOTE]

I see your points about searching for those few that you might actually get an alright deal on. I'll elaborate on my point though. A lot of used blu-ray's from goHastings are priced higher than new ones from Amazon/Best Buy and are still higher after the 30% off. Not only that but there is no free shipping. In fact it is shipping that adds $2.28 per movie no matter how many you buy. Newly released used blu-ray's are $4 each at Blockbuster. That should say it all. I'm just trying to save people money so unless you can get a newly released used blu-ray for sub $4 I'd go to Blockbuster.

They shipped the prequels, and canceled the original trilogy. Oh joy, they are sending only the bad ones that I bought purely to have them all.

That's messed up. The Original Trilogy was "available" again this morning. :roll: Didn't bother this time.

Meh, gave me a reason to reconsider the complete boxset since I do want all the extras and maybe ROTS. Though I've read about the skimping of some behind-the-scenes from previous DVD releases.

picked up a couple of blu-rays

Captain America 11.51
Thor 13.93
Hanna 6.97
Shutter Island 5.04
Pirates 4 11.51

60.36 with shipping

comes about to 12.07 a blue ray

bread's done
Back