Amazon Anime Sale.

[quote name='DANIEL']how many episodes does this series have?[/QUOTE]

Season One is 13 episodes.

Season Two (I haven't watched this yet) has a different art style from the first season. I didn't want to read any spoilers but I saw something liek 15 episodes (unless the two OVAs count in those?). I honestly don't know so someone else is better qualified to answer that :)

Picked up Red Vs. Blue Blood Gulch Chronicles DVD for $21.49.

Noticed Samurai Champloo is $17.49 and Gamera Trilogy BD is $6.49.

Amazon's being silly tonight with all of the secret deals. There's no official "anime bluray sale", it's just someone at Amazon randomly slashing prices all over the place.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Good deals on the dragon ball box sets too. Anyone know how long this sale gonna be?[/QUOTE]

Was coming here to post just that!

Here are some DB deals

Dragon Ball Seasons 1 + 2 - $12.49 each, 3 + 4 - $11.99 each
Dragon Ball Z (orange brick sets) - Most are $11.99 -$12.49
Dragon Box 5 - $21.49, Dragon Box 6 - $20.49

Last edited by a moderator:
How's GunSlinger Girl? I've heard some good things about it but I can't really grasp what it's about/it's genre.

[quote name='Zaku77']These go until Dec 23rd just for a heads up.[/QUOTE]

Really??? Where you see that becuase if it is true... :whee:

[quote name='Vampjoe']How's GunSlinger Girl? I've heard some good things about it but I can't really grasp what it's about/it's genre.[/QUOTE]

It's about a group of assasin girls cotrolled by the government. An action-drama (sometimes depressing) anime. Really loved it when I bought it last year.

Season 1 is really good especially the artwork. The characters started to look "moe" in season 2. I hope they continue adapting the manga.

Going to wait for Soul Eater and FMA to become complete box sets instead of these individual things. I hate those cuz they take up space. Spice and Wolf though doesn't look like it'll ever come in that form factor and it's a great price. Rarely discounted.

Was really hoping Dragon Box 3 and 4 would've dropped in price. I only have the first two sets and I don't want to start skipping in sets like I've done with previous releases.

Picked up Welcome to the NHK and YuYu Hakusho Season 1 on Blu-ray, though. Was almost tempted to jump on Spice & Wolf Season 1 Blu-ray since I have Season 2 on BD.

[quote name='Vampjoe']How's GunSlinger Girl? I've heard some good things about it but I can't really grasp what it's about/it's genre.[/QUOTE]

It's actually one of my favorites. Best way for me to describe it would be slice of life, only the girls' lives are very fucked up.
They're basically troubled girls who were brainwashed and converted into cyborgs in a secret government project.
Not a lot of action, other than the first episode, then it's spread thin. Second season changes tones a lot, which didn't happen in the manga.

[quote name='tuklaw']It's about a group of assasin girls cotrolled by the government. An action-drama (sometimes depressing) anime. Really loved it when I bought it last year.

Season 1 is really good especially the artwork. The characters started to look "moe" in season 2. I hope they continue adapting the manga.[/QUOTE]

Well, season 2 had a much lower budget. Season 1 had like the largest budget per episode for anime at the time or something ($130k).

Amazon also has Appleseed Ex Machina on bluray for $9.99. I ordered one on Friday since I've been wanting it for a while.

Whoa, how did... I posted about Gunslinger Girl only then I became OP for this thread? I never... o_O

Can anyone comment on Kenichi - The Mightiest Disciple? The set for the first season is at its lowest and I'm wondering if it'd be worth my time. I realize that it's pretty formulaic, but that might not bother me, so long as it's not like Naruto or Bleach in that its formula gets boring. Also, my comedy preference is somewhat selective--I loved the intricate humor in Angel Beats! (now among my most favorite anime of all time) and I tend to like subtle humor, not, for instance, screaming done by the characters every few seconds (e.g. Bobobo-bobobobo). I did like the Angel Beats! OVA, though, which had quite a bit of screaming...it was done exceptionally well, I suppose. ^_^;;;

[quote name='pippin']Amazon also has Appleseed Ex Machina on bluray for $9.99. I ordered one on Friday since I've been wanting it for a while.[/QUOTE]

I noticed this too.. (I liked Ex Machina much more than the first one. Granted, I never watched the original anime nor did I read the manga -_-)

Air TV on DVD for $8? Hell yeah.

Possibly getting FMA Brotherhood part 4 (I'm dying to see the rest of this series, and Netflix only has through part 3, gotta try and be patient though).

Dragon Box 7 needs to go on sale really bad too

And does anyone know why Dragon Box 2 is used on Amazon for over $300? Is it really that hard to come by?

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Air TV on DVD for $8? Hell yeah.

Possibly getting FMA Brotherhood part 4 (I'm dying to see the rest of this series, and Netflix only has through part 3, gotta try and be patient though).

Dragon Box 7 needs to go on sale really bad too

And does anyone know why Dragon Box 2 is used on Amazon for over $300? Is it really that hard to come by?[/QUOTE]

Apparently the dragon boxes are OOP so when they're gone... they're gone.

[quote name='Vigilante']Can anyone comment on Kenichi - The Mightiest Disciple? The set for the first season is at its lowest and I'm wondering if it'd be worth my time. I realize that it's pretty formulaic, but that might not bother me, so long as it's not like Naruto or Bleach in that its formula gets boring. Also, my comedy preference is somewhat selective--I loved the intricate humor in Angel Beats! (now among my most favorite anime of all time) and I tend to like subtle humor, not, for instance, screaming done by the characters every few seconds (e.g. Bobobo-bobobobo). I did like the Angel Beats! OVA, though, which had quite a bit of screaming...it was done exceptionally well, I suppose. ^_^;;;[/QUOTE]

From what I saw of Kenichi on the anime network it was okay / watchable, but not on the level of say School Rumble. Probably the most interesting part of Kenchi was when he had to battle the boxer (who I think is voiced by the same guy who was Akihiko in Persona 3). Otherwise it depends on how much you like seeing training by weirdass masters and the shared living conditions with fanservicey ninja chicks.

[quote name='slowdive21']FLCL will be 12.99 tomorrow for the full series blu-ray. Just a heads up.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up. ill definitely pick it up

I liked Kenichi a lot. I would recommend it. Reminds me of Hitman Reborn in terms of the way the protagonist grows. Similar theme there.

This is the cheapest I've seen Chobits ($18.49) and Claymore ($18.49). Also the Full Metal Panic (1st, 2nd, FUMOFFU) sets are on sale.

[quote name='slowdive21']FLCL will be 12.99 tomorrow for the full series blu-ray. Just a heads up.[/QUOTE]
Isn't the Blu-ray of FLCL just an incredibly obvious upscale and not a true HD conversion?

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']And does anyone know why Dragon Box 2 is used on Amazon for over $300? Is it really that hard to come by?[/QUOTE]
Because it kept going in and out of stock and was the first sign from FUNimation that these sets were not going to be reprinted. Once they're gone, they're gone. Which is really stupid, considering the Season Sets should be the ones discontinued. The quality of those sets are atrocious compared to the Dragon Box and even the new Blu-ray set.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']From what I saw of Kenichi on the anime network it was okay / watchable, but not on the level of say School Rumble.[/QUOTE]
Where in the world does School Rumble fit in in a comparison with Kenichi? They're not even remotely similar. School Rumble's more of a gag series. Kenichi's more about an underdog martial artist with absolutely no skills of his own.

[quote name='Capocci 007']Can anyone comment on Welcome to the NHK?[/QUOTE]
Yes. It is a MUST WATCH series. While everything that happens in the anime ends up differently in both the manga and novel, it's still a series worth watching.

Been watching FMA:B through Netflix. They have an HD feed too which looks great, though I'm sure not as good as a Blu, but good enough for me :D

For all the hate that Netflix's streaming content gets (from myself as well) they've really stepped up their anime section in the past year or so

Here's a partial list of what's on Netflix (usually the full run too):

School Rumble
Princess Tutu
Eden of the East
Initial D
Baccano
Clannad
Trigun
Naruto
Gunslinger Girl
Kenichi
Full Metal Panic!
Bleach
Highschool of the Dead
Spice and Wolf
Soul Eater
Count of Monte Cristo
Robotech

[quote name='Vash1306']OMG FMA:B on sale, no more Amazon credit to use and don't want to spend anymore. EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF[/QUOTE]

Just wait for the entire series bundle that will released some time in the future I bet.

[quote name='Tsukento']Isn't the Blu-ray of FLCL just an incredibly obvious upscale and not a true HD conversion?
[/QUOTE]

I am not sure, I am not too into Anime anymore. I just know it hasn't been this cheap for a while and I haven't seen all the episodes. :)

I've been selling off my "New Old Stock" on ebay. I think I still have some New Evangelion VHS tapes somewhere.

[quote name='abhinav']Just wait for the entire series bundle that will released some time in the future I bet.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! With the way Funimation releases their DVD/BD, I'm pretty sure they'll have a Complete Collection in a year and then Anime Classics/S.A.V.E, in a few years. Same thing can be applied to all of Dragon Ball DVD/BDs.

bread's done
Back