Heavy Rain: Director's Cut (PS3) - $14.99 @ Gamestop.com [OVER]

DreamStinger

CAGiversary!
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/heavy-rain-directors-cut/97992

Normally $29.99 MSRP, now on sale for $14.99! Online price only, not applicable to in-store pricing!

For those not familiar, the included content over the original release:

* Complete, original game, Heavy Rain
* Heavy Rain Chronicles: Episode 1 – The Taxidermist DLC
* Heavy Rain Original Videogame Score by award-winning film and television composer, Normand Corbeil (16 tracks)
* New front-end menu and interface with built-in Move support
* A series of 8 “Making of” Bonus Videos
* Three Dynamic Themes (Heavy Rain, Heavy Rain ARI Forest, Heavy Rain ARI Mars)
* 15 additional pieces of new concept art
* 2 bonus Trailers (Thank You Trailer, Love Trailer)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. I'm in for one. Could they cram any more shit onto that cover though? I especially hate that Move logo. So huge and obnoxious.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Thanks OP. I'm in for one. Could they cram any more shit onto that cover though? I especially hate that Move logo. So huge and obnoxious.[/QUOTE]

Needs more review quotes and exclusive Play as the Joker Challenge Maps sticker

uhhh. I got the regular version for $15 from new egg. I wish i would have waited. Does anyone know of anyway i can return the game to newegg? I looked at my order and it says it has the Iron Egg Replacement-Only Return Policy and that it is non-refundable. Is there anyway around this?

I got it for $15 NEW non gutted (GH version, but I assume they are all GH for the Director's cut) in store on Saturday 11-26-11.

[quote name='aaf']To much . That kill the deal[/QUOTE]

Still same deal as GH at 15 when you consider cost of DLC. Plus if you care about other extras.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Thanks OP. I'm in for one. Could they cram any more shit onto that cover though? I especially hate that Move logo. So huge and obnoxious.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that cover is atrocious in every respect...

...except Madison, sweet sweet Madison

Got duke nukem as a filler to get free shipping. I know it's supposed to suck, but might as well at $10 instead of pay shipping. Been waiting forever for a good deal on heavy rain, then director's cut hit, now it will finally be mine.

Amazon has the director's cut at "ships in 3-4 weeks" status, so I doubt they'll match. I can see them matching the regular version though.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Bought it during Wal-Mart's Black Friday deal. More people need to play this wonderful deal.[/QUOTE]

How much was it at wal-mart?

[quote name='slowdive21']How much was it at wal-mart?[/QUOTE]
$15 as well. Nice for those who waited for the DC to drop in price. Now if only someone would put House of the Dead Overkill EC on sale.

I bought it on Black Friday at GameStop. Of course it was "New" but they just took an open box, opened it, pulled out the disc and manual from a slip-case and put it in the box, then put a sticker on the box closing it. Hate it when they do that...

[quote name='fishphoenix']I bought it on Black Friday at GameStop. Of course it was "New" but they just took an open box, opened it, pulled out the disc and manual from a slip-case and put it in the box, then put a sticker on the box closing it. Hate it when they do that...[/QUOTE]

Just say "I want a non-gutted copy please". If they have one, they have to give it to you.

Edit: The store I went to had black cases that were a placeholder, so you could get a sealed on from the drawer.

[quote name='fishphoenix']I bought it on Black Friday at GameStop. Of course it was "New" but they just took an open box, opened it, pulled out the disc and manual from a slip-case and put it in the box, then put a sticker on the box closing it. Hate it when they do that...[/QUOTE]

And that's why I don't buy from FailStop.

Thinking real hard about getting this...
It's on the top of my want list but I've already spent so much and the shipping kinda kills the deal. Amazon maybe?

[quote name='redmangoose']Thinking real hard about getting this...
It's on the top of my want list but I've already spent so much and the shipping kinda kills the deal. Amazon maybe?[/QUOTE]

thats what im hoping for

[quote name='Avenged Crow']thats what im hoping for[/QUOTE]

They may PM. You guys could start submitting price matches to amazon.

Do a search for
Heavy Rain: Director's Cut

and scroll down to "tell us about a lower price"

Thanks OP. Bought 1 along with that $4.99 Wii game tray and a .99 cent filler.

I already bought Heavy Rain from gamefly, so I guess I'll have to resell it. The TIV is horrible.

Shipping is free for orders over $20.

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-exclusives

fuck paying $2.99 for shipping when you can get a worthless Wii plastic tray and a 99 cent ps2 game for only a couple bucks more. :p
Now everyone will see how cool I am when I get to proudly display my 4 wiimotes on this snazzy tray :p

[quote name='slowdive21']They may PM. You guys could start submitting price matches to amazon.

Do a search for
Heavy Rain: Director's Cut

and scroll down to "tell us about a lower price"

[/QUOTE]

Did it. Did not know they had that lol. We'll see if they price match

Submitted as well. Let's pray they do.
Thought about buying GoW III with it to cover shipping but I still haven't played GoW 1+2.

I absolutely hate it with a passion when they do that. I bit on this, if it doesn't arrive new and sealed. I will never do business with Failstop ever again. Consumer Reports recently blasted them and their return policies. They were absolutely spot on in their assessment of the worse major retail chain in the nation.

[quote name='uEih']I wAnt to buy this but don't want the gh version..hmm..[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that too.
But something tells me I'm going to end up buying the GH version of a game at one point or another. Trying to keep my new PS3 collection red-free.

[quote name='redmangoose']I was thinking that too.
But something tells me I'm going to end up buying the GH version of a game at one point or another. Trying to keep my new PS3 collection red-free.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but I do not think the Director's cut was issued in black label. (I hate the red cases too)

Foreal? I haven't seen one in in RL but all the covers online show it in red.
Maybe it's just the stripe label at the top but not the case itself..but then again why wouldn't they just make the whole case red then.

[quote name='redmangoose']I was thinking that too.
But something tells me I'm going to end up buying the GH version of a game at one point or another. Trying to keep my new PS3 collection red-free.[/QUOTE]

Might as well get it over with and just start playing. All DCs are red label and you will come across this situation again for other games. I guess you could just buy releases and pay for crappy digital content?

I want to get this but I don't want to pay for the shipping, I still have some $10 promotional credits I need to get rid of.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']shipping, tax and the fact that it may be gutted kills the deal for me. I will continue to wait.[/QUOTE]

QFT. That, and I already bought the regular GH version on Amazon for 14.99 last week.

Is there a really major difference in the two versions? I know that the DC comes with the move patch on-disc and some DLC, premium themes, and sountrack. Anything else? I think I can live without those things to be completely honest.

[quote name='DealHunter']I absolutely hate it with a passion when they do that. I bit on this, if it doesn't arrived new and sealed I will never do business with Failstop ever again. Consumer Reports recently blasted them and their return policies. They were absolutely spot on in their assessment of the worse major retail chain in the nation.[/QUOTE]

They unfortunately did not go into enough detail.

yes you can return in store just keep the packing slip that comes with it. and I've never received an unsealed game from gamestop.com, these aren't shipped from stores they're shipped from factory or whatever

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I've never received an unsealed game from gamestop.com. . .[/QUOTE]

I have received a "new" game from gamestop.com that had obviously been opened and badly resealed using one of their in-store plastic seal machines.

I promptly took it one of their physical stores for a full refund.

bread's done
Back