COUNTERPOINT: Why GamePro is wrong about the PSVita

Having a memory card that costs half as much as the actual system is reason enough for me IMO. You didn't even address that at all in your blog.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Having a memory card that costs half as much as the actual system is reason enough for me IMO. You didn't even address that at all in your blog.[/QUOTE]

No one is forcing you to buy the 32GB memory card. The DS didn't come with 32GB so I left the comparison at what was offered at launch for each. Also, this is cheapassgamer...if someone pays full-price for a 32GB memory card they deserve to be ripped off. We've all seen how the PSP played out: cards will get cheaper, and hopefully third parties will license the cards and release their own.

The price of those proprietary memory cards is complete shit. No if ands or buts about it. I don't have an issue with $40 portable games. $50 is pushing it, but I know some will be worth it. The price of memory cards is completely turning me off from buying PSV downloadable games.

[quote name='Gamehead']The price of those proprietary memory cards is complete shit. No if ands or buts about it. I don't have an issue with $40 portable games. $50 is pushing it, but I know some will be worth it. The price of memory cards is completely turning me off from buying PSV downloadable games.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why everyone whines about the memory cards for the Vita. Just get a small (4gb) one for the beginning, because that's all you'll need to save games. Unless you'll be downloading your whole PSP collection again (which would require tons of memory cards), its no big deal for the beginning. I have several 4gb cards for my PSPs and they hold a lot of smaller games, so its not the end of the world.

As for the 3DS not requiring memory cards, who cares? Don't try to compare the 3DS to the Vita, they are totally different systems, and technology-wise the 3DS doesn't come close to the Vita at all.

I'm still interested in one but will hold off on it even though I have enough credit at gamestop for one. I'll still hold onto my PSP for the UMD games. As nice as it is to have backwards compatibility, I rarely ever use it.

The memory card pricing sure is ridiculous though.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Jesus Christ I had been waiting for this for so long that I just don't give a shit anymore.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I had a nice laugh with your comment, I haven't subscribed to their magazine in over a decade, when I saw the article a half hour ago, I gave them a minute of sadness then thought good riddance. I didn't shed a tear for EGM when they bought it, and won't here either. I'm too apathetic to care either way. I'll play'em out on a song. :-({|= ;)

The only prices for memory carts we have to go on is Gamestop. There's a good chance the prices are a placeholder. Or, Sony might be testing what the market is willing to pay.

It's very hard to justify getting any console at launch. It's a poor deal almost every time. Vita will look considerably better when we are past the first hardware model and generic launch titles.

[quote name='uncle5555']:lol:

I had a nice laugh with your comment, I haven't subscribed to their magazine in over a decade, when I saw the article a half hour ago, I gave them a minute of sadness then thought good riddance. I didn't shed a tear for EGM when they bought it, and won't here either. I'm too apathetic to care either way. I'll play'em out on a song. :-({|= ;)[/QUOTE]

I used to hate GamePro with a passion... in like elementary/middle school. Been out of college for 2.5 years now and I haven't cared in years and years.

I used to have a sub with Gamepro, but I dropped them soon after they started giving 5.0s to a lot of undeserving games. I also have not cared about them for a long while.

[quote name='iamsobroke']I believe I read somewhere that you WILL NEED a memory card to play Uncharted on PSV[/QUOTE]

You need a memory card to BOOT games that save to a memory card.

bread's done
Back