- - - - -

Report: All PS3 Games Playable via Vita Remote Play

#31 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23632 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:27 PM

2 Main reasons for remote play while at home: gf hogging the tv & want to play while lying down

Or while pooping.

#32 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70429 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:56 PM

I still don't get how Sony broke a promise that they never made.

#33 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

I still don't get how Sony broke a promise that they never made.

I know, right? Weird how people rationalize things these days...

#34 Wrencrest   Fuck Pharmacrest. What an asshole. CAGiversary!   18984 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

Well if remote play for Ps3 games doesnt work I wont be getting a Vita no matter who started the rumor. lol

#35 smiggity   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3587 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:33 PM

Its impossible to have you guys see it in neutral light. Take your head out of Sony's ass and maybe you can see

#36 pob14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

Its impossible to have you guys see it in neutral light. Take your head out of Sony's ass and maybe you can see

Try answering the question you've been asked: what promise did Sony make that you think has been broken?

#37 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:07 PM

Neutral would be acknowledging that Sony NEVER promised remote play on the Vita...not sure why it's so hard for you to get that.

#38 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70429 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:40 PM

Rather than call anybody that questions you a fanboy, why not just answer the question instead of deflecting it?

#39 davidb69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

davidb69

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

I heard that Sony broke this promise but the only thing I can find is Sony saying that it will have remote player for games that enable it. Which makes sense, for games that are being sold on both consoles, otherwise people will play games on both systems instead of spending $100 on both. I see them dancing around saying "Mo MONEY, Mo MONEY, Mo MONEY!!" Yes, in 16 days they will have my money

#40 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22425 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:16 PM

Don't worry. CFW will certainly make this an option for everyone.

#41 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:59 AM

^^^^ DmC & Dead Space playable on vita thru remote play
http://www.dualshock...running-on.html

#42 snowsquirrel   solid squirrel CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

snowsquirrel

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

Don't worry. CFW will certainly make this an option for everyone.

The Vita (and PSP) support remote play for every game. But there are only a few PS3 games that support it. So CFW won't change anything. It will require PS3 dev's to add that feature to their games. Sony provides a framework for dev's to do this, but I haven't done it, so not sure how much work is involved.

I am thinking that for PS4, Sony may mandate that all dev's add this feature to their games. If they did implement this mandate, they would likely beef up the frameworks so dev's had to do very little work to add the feature.

I didn't read the (false) euro gamer rumours. But after the E3 demo, I was under the impression that all games could do remote play. I don't recall if what they said during the demo.

I was getting a Vita for sure, when I heard this rumour, but as it turns out to be false, I think I'll wait for a price drop. Playing my PS3 backlog in bed, or when g/f is watching tv would be nice.

#43 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

more info

#44 Sonne   The U CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

^^^^ DmC & Dead Space playable on vita thru remote play
http://www.dualshock...running-on.html

This makes me want one so bad now. I'm in the middle of Dead Space right now (Ch.7) and would love to be playing right now, but the tv is being used as it is most of the day. (Why not use my own? Being able to play on a 60" Bravia is worth it.)

Price drop is the smart thing though. *Goes back to PSP Dante's Inferno*

#45 johnnypark   Farewell My Viking! CAGiversary!   3391 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

The Vita (and PSP) support remote play for every game. But there are only a few PS3 games that support it. So CFW won't change anything. It will require PS3 dev's to add that feature to their games. Sony provides a framework for dev's to do this, but I haven't done it, so not sure how much work is involved.

But the link says that the remote play has been achieved through CFW on the PS3 synced with an un-hacked Vita, for games that came out long before the Vita was even in development. If games like Dead Space are working, it doesn't sound like a feature developers would have to support, but something implemented through the system itself.