Top 5 Multiplayer Maps of All Time

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Most of us play multiplayer games wether it be racing, shooting, or sports. What are your top 5 favorite multiplayer maps of all time? Doesn't matter what console or genre.

5. Gulf of Oman (Battlefield 2 soon to be Battlefield 3!)

images

4. Sidewinder (Halo)

Sidewinder.JPG

3. Dustbowl (Team Fortress Classic)

dustbowl.jpg

2. fastest possible map ever (Starcraft)

m-33_1704014547-11250.mapspic

1. de_dust (Counter-Strike 1.6)

Dust_2--article_image.jpg

These aren't necessarily my list of the most balanced maps or whatever, simply the 5 multiplayer maps in which I had the most fun playing on (and still do to this day)!

[quote name='100xp']when did starcraft come out for xbox?[/QUOTE]

Most of us play multiplayer games wether it be racing, shooting, or sports. What are your top 5 favorite multiplayer maps of all time? Doesn't matter what console or genre.

Reading is tougher than it looks. Keep sounding out those syllables though and you'll be fine.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Most of us play multiplayer games wether it be racing, shooting, or sports. What are your top 5 favorite multiplayer maps of all time? Doesn't matter what console or genre.

Reading is tougher than it looks. Keep sounding out those syllables though and you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

dood...i asked a legit question, this being the xbox 360 thread I asked when the starcraft map came out for xbox. try being less defensive and more receptive.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Most of us play multiplayer games wether it be racing, shooting, or sports. What are your top 5 favorite multiplayer maps of all time? Doesn't matter what console or genre.

Reading is tougher than it looks. Keep sounding out those syllables though and you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]I understand reading is tougher than it looks.

That's why I'm sure you mis-read the forum title of "General Gaming & Industry News" as "Xbox 360". I took care of moving your thread from the Xbox 360 forum to the GG & IN forum, where it belongs, since it's not just 360-related.

Might want to check for glass houses before tossing that first stone.

And I think you should find yourself a "Hooked On Phonics" set for this holiday season, since I think you need some practice in that yourself.

Justice has been served

To stay on topic: I haven't really played many multiplayer games but here's a few from a very few games.

Makin - COD WAW
Isla Innocentes - BFBC2
Der Riese - WAW Zombies
Avalanche - Gears of War 2
Blood Drive - Gears of War 2

[quote name='100xp']dood...i asked a legit question, this being the xbox 360 thread I asked when the starcraft map came out for xbox. try being less defensive and more receptive.[/QUOTE]

Sorry thought you were being sarcastic :/

Makin was an amazing map. Totally one of my favorite ones in COD.

Since co-op is technically multi-player:razz:, I'm gonna include the following:

5 .Mercenaries 2(co-op nuking the game world;))
4. GTA IV/Episodes From Liberty City(glitching under the map with friends in free mode)
3. Zombies Ate My Neighbors on Genesis(whole damn game was a blast in co-op)
2. Cyborg Justice on Genesis(technically PvP 1-on-1 but still a blast to play)
1. Saint's Row The Third(co-op again, putting in tons of cheats that make you invincible and your car like a tank)

Honorable mention: General Chaos on Genesis(PvP was fun and hilarious)

Not sure if I can come up with 5 but here are my suggestions

1) 2fort on quake 1/team fortress. This map has survived (continued to exist) in many years and many games. A true classic

2) blood gulch in Halo 1. When a map serves as the setting/inspiration for an entire machinima series, it's good.

3) de_dust, probably the quintessential CS map

I play a lot of multiplayer games but ones I will always remember are from the Quake series (not quake 2 though, it sucks)

As Ruahrc had pointed out, 2fort (2-5r) is one of the most influential multiplayer maps of all time (in my opinion). There are really too many good QWTF maps to name.

Since I'm on the subject of Quake I'd like to add dm3 to this mix for my favorite QWCA map.

Back when I used to play rocket arena 3 (Quake 3) my favorite maps were:

1) Overkill (for ca)
2) Theatre of main (for ca)
3) Thunderstruck (1v1s)

My personal favorites include Deck 17 from UT2004, Longest Yard from Quake 3, Episode 1 from Doom 2 (love this one so much, i put it in UT2004 myself, though I don't know where the file is :cry:), Blood Gulch from Halo, and the Facility from Goldeneye/Perfect Dark.

I'm not putting them in any specific order, just my favorites from each game.

But... but I hated 2fort...

Anyway, may I mention Brood War's "Lost Temple"?

600px-LostTemple.jpg

Horribly, horribly flawed in its initial incarnation (siege tanks from one main base could actually attack the main base of another). Refined over time. Blizzard hasn't released an RTS without it since (though it has been replaced in SC2 by the nearly-identical but much better Shattered Temple).

And then there's LT's younger, sexier sister: Python.

600px-Python.jpg

Damn, look at that ass.

Also, Paris level from Twisted Metal 2. Holy fuck, I loved that level.

This is great. I'm totally stealing this for a future post. But for now, here's more than 5:

Battlefield 2 - Gulf of Oman - Just a really well laid out map with plenty of potential hotspots and a lot of variety. Can't wait to play it in BF3.

Battlefield 2142 - Minsk - An enormous, sprawling map, again with lots of variety in each control point.

Unreal Tournament 2004 - ONS-Torlan - A bit of a cop out to pick the one from the demo, but Torlan was the quintessential Onslaught map.

Modern Warfare 2 - Sub Base
- I have fond memories of stalking this map with SitRep Pro shooting guys the exact moment they came around one of the many corners.

Red Faction: Guerrilla - Downfall - Great map design and the snowy setting was a nice break from all the Martian reds.

Perfect Dark - Villa - Even though this became my go-to map that I played for hours and hours, I never quite learned the layout of all those hallways.

Super Mario Kart - Battle Course 4 - That's right.

[quote name='Ruahrc']1) 2fort on quake 1/team fortress. This map has survived (continued to exist) in many years and many games. A true classic[/QUOTE]

Agreed with by 10000x percent.

5. The Pit (Halo 3)
4. Guardian (Halo 3)
3. Bunker (Goldeneye N64)
2. Canals (Gears of War 2)
1. Meteor Crater (Vigilante 8 2nd Offense)

5. Overgrown (Call of Duty 4)
4. Downpour (Call of Duty 4)
3. Countdown (Call of Duty 4)
2. Bog (Call of Duty 4)
1. High Ground (Halo 3)

5 Hong Kong Streets (SOF2)
4 Jordan Market (SOF2)
3 Hong Kong Hotel (SOF2)
2 Columbian Jungle (SOF2)
1 Raven Offices (SOF2)

SOF2 - Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix

Not any specific order: