Automatically logging out

thegreatest

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
The last few days when I use the site I am automatically logged out while browsing the forums. I can click a topic and be logged in and then 5 seconds later click another page and I am logged out. It is a problem with the site or is it on my end? No other website does that.

Same keeps happening to me right now. Tried on both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and cleared cache, cookies e.t.c.

[quote name='Kotomine']Same keeps happening to me right now. Tried on both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and cleared cache, cookies e.t.c.[/QUOTE]

also having problems lately. i log in and it doesn't recognize me. i have to keep logging in over and over.

Same here. When I go click on Submit Reply, site ask me log in. I click the login button its says thank you for login, but it keeps going back to login page. After few tries I am redirected to home page, but my posts are not posted.

After logging in I'll attempt to read a PM and it says that I'm either not logged in or don't have permission to view this page. Then it asks me to log in again, before it sits and loops on the log in page over and over.

same here. i log in and change the page 1-4 times before it realizes ive logged in, then it allows me to post in/edit a thread one time before logging me out. also cant check my pm's... this is annoying

[quote name='roger watersmelon']After logging in I'll attempt to read a PM and it says that I'm either not logged in or don't have permission to view this page. Then it asks me to log in again, before it sits and loops on the log in page over and over.[/QUOTE]
This happens to me as well. It is annoying when I write a PM then send it only to have to re-log in again.

I also have the same problems as everyone else here.

Same thing happen to me. Every time I check my inbox it keep log me out. I thought it was a virus but everything was working fine except Cheapassgamer. I tried using different browser and deleting cookies but nothing seem to work. This is going to make giving those dr.pepper or mt dew caps much harder

same here. I am using Firefox with NoScript. I usually only permit "cheapassgamer.com", "google.com", and "googleapis.com" to run scripts. When I allowed "bit. ly", "209.15.236.80", "quantserve.com", "googleadservices.com", and "google-analytics.com" to run scripts, the CAG forums stopped logging me out.

EDIT. That's odd. When I type "biy. ly" without the space (the way it actually appears), it changes to a string of dollar signs, like thus: $$$$$$$

Been seeing this for a few days myself, but I thought it was only happening at work because of the various firewalls. Glad(?) to hear it's a much larger issue.

ok so i'm not the only one having this problem. everytime i try to check my pms i get logged out. try to reply log out. hope this will be fixed soon

I have to log in twice to get to the message box to write my post, then when I click "submit reply" I have to login twice again.

I'm also having an issue from my home and work pcs, as well as my phone where sometimes when I click on a topic page # it keeps loading the wrong page. Like I'll click last page and page 5 will keep loading, or the last page loads and I click to go to the previous page and it just keeps loading the last page of the topic.

Really weird shit.

this is incredibly frustrating. :( i spammed someone the other day in pms cuz i didn't think they were going through because everytime i pressed submit, it would log me out. :(

It's happening to me as well. Whenever I:

Check a profile.
Check PM's.
Post.
etc.

The really weird thing is, when the log-in screen appears, if you hit refresh it goes back to you being logged in (i.e. will return you to your inbox after sending a PM).

Me too, different computers, with NoScript off. At least it's not a user-side issue. I originally thought someone else was using my account.

Check box definitely helps/fixes it, but still an odd problem.

Also having trouble with the database. I go to enter Demons Souls, and all that pops up for PS3 games are the Deluxe and Black Phantom editions of the game, not the regular edition. =/ Had the same trouble when searching for God of War - only the GoW PS2 game (not GoW2, GoW3, or the PSP games) came up.

It was happening to me too, until I checked the box to remember password. IF you can't do that I was just reloading the page and it would log me back in :p

Just started over here as well. I'll log in, it says I'm successful, then it boots me back to the "please log in" page. If I try to go to the CAG home page, it acts as if I'm logged in, and sometimes I can even open up threads (tested with the Child's Play thread). But then it boots me again almost immediately. Using Firefox on a Win7 system.

having the same issue at both my work and my home and never had this problem before until recently.

I don't think its a problem on my end since I usually can stay logged in to any other website more than 15 seconds lol.

My pc would not stay logged in no matter what, but checking the "remember me" box fixed it. If I don't check it, it won't stay logged in.

[quote name='Jabrim']My pc would not stay logged in no matter what, but checking the "remember me" box fixed it. If I don't check it, it won't stay logged in.[/QUOTE]

This "fixed" the problem for me as well but I never recall having to do this before. I don't really like having my password saved beyond the existing browser session.

[quote name='henhowc']This "fixed" the problem for me as well but I never recall having to do this before. I don't really like having my password saved beyond the existing browser session.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I have never had an issue on this site with getting logged out and I too never stay logged into anything that I may not be using at the time.

I have my preferences set so that I have the threads paged longer than the default, but given that I am logged out on every click, getting to any location in a thread is a challenge.

Time for a hiatus.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one having this problem. If you're logged out and click reply and log in, it infinite loops to the log in page. I had to go back to the main forum page, log in, click the link again, refresh twice, and it STILL didn't work. I checked "remember me" and that seems to have worked for now.

Has there been any update to this? I can't log in now unless I click "remember me".. every time I log in, it just loops back to the sign in page.

I just recently signed up and it also keeps happening to me too. I would have to log in a few times just to log in. Same with browsing other areas around the site. Whenever I change something on my profile, I would have to keep logging back in to accept the changes. This usually never happens to me in other forums, but I hope the problem is fixed soon. It gets annoying everytime lol.

This has been happening to me for about a month now. So much that I would get frustrated and just leave.

It usually happens when I first log in, gives the usual thanks for logging in, then I click the "deals" section only to be logged out. More times when I try to view or post in a thread.

Probably should click "remember me" I end up just logging in again.

[quote name='thegreatest']Just use the "Remember Me" check box when you log in like CheapyD said. Works perfect if you do.[/QUOTE]
No, it doesn't.

This is incredibly annoying and makes the site almost useless. If it's not fixed soon I'm going to have to take a vacation from this site until it's fixed.

I've been having this problem for the past month or so. I notice that I'll post something, and it will ask me to sign in. I do so and then it will say "Thank you for logging in skateraXVIII" and then instead of going to the home page like it used to, I will redirected to the login screen again. Sometimes I can't even edit my own posts.:/

Also I've noticed that since around the time the problems started happening, if I do actually post something it won't show under "my posts". For instance it says that my last post was on 12-26-2011, when in actuality my last post was about 10 minutes ago.

bread's done
Back