Check your BestBuy RZ for possible $10 Holiday Certificate

Jinque

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Heads up, BB Rewardzone just issued me on 12/01 a $10 certificate saying Happy Holidays. I'm Premier Silver so it could be for that or just at random... or because I spent so much last month.

Certificate expires 12/31.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw this on my RZ account a few minutes ago. I got one and I'm Silver as well.

I got one a couple days ago, don't think I've bought anything from Best Buy in almost a year...

Yep, I had a notification on my BestBuy app today on my iPhone - I go and check it and it was the $10 certificate - expires 12/31. Yes, I am RZ Silver.

Alright bestbuy ! I'll check right now ......

Update: fuck this ymmv crap. They could atleast advertise if you need to be a silver member or something to get these 10$ promos.

[quote name='TheBigHouse']Yep, I had a notification on my BestBuy app today on my iPhone - I go and check it and it was the $10 certificate - expires 12/31. Yes, I am RZ Silver.[/QUOTE]Oh what is this app? its a a reward zone app or just a best buy app?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Oh what is this app? its a a reward zone app or just a best buy app?[/QUOTE]

Reward zone app

[quote name='bob330i']Reward zone app[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it would be nice to just get a notification for things like this instead of having to log in every time only to be disappointed

No dice. Lol. Oh Best Buy. That's okay, I'll just buy the 3DS at Toys. Thanks though. Stuff like this keeps me from shopping at bb. It's just shady.

Silver Member and nothing, been on hold for 10 minutes probably of everyone calling, when I am actually calling since one of my point cards and one of my 3 month cards delivered today both werent activated.

This happened last year, they sent out $10 and $20 certs to random people (was believed to be for customers that haven't bought something in a while). Super flame war ensued, seems like they didn't learn their lesson from last time. Customer service phone jockeys are gonna get it again.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']how do people spend so much at best buy lol[/QUOTE]

If you get a Bestbuy credit card, a lot of purchases will qualify for the 2,500 limit.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']If you get a Bestbuy credit card, a lot of purchases will qualify for the 2,500 limit.[/QUOTE]
oh so alot of people put shit on layaway then?

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']oh so alot of people put shit on layaway then?[/QUOTE]

He might be meaning that if you get the RZ Mastercard that purchases at places other than Best Buy count as well. I'm not positive on that however, just a guess.

I make the Premier Silver threshold easily each year because beyond my own stuff, I get work expenses reimbursed for office supplies, e.g. tons of inkjet refills.

That said, my $4100 this year netted me no freebie - Customer Service, here I come!

I called last time, and was told I would receive it the following day.

This was almost 3 weeks ago. Needless to say--it never came.

Too many issues with my RZ.

Never got these, still havent. Then again, the whining approach always got me free customer appreciation points :p. Not gonna try it again though, might get banned or something

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']how do people spend so much at best buy lol[/QUOTE]Some use the CC that nets points on all purch some just look for deals & buy then or big ticket items. How much recreation $ do you spend on AMZ/newegg/walmart/target/Fry's/kmart/Sam's club/Costco/BJ's on items that BB sells?
I'm over $3600 now with another $200 pending mostly on games/dvds/cds/portable HD's/memory cards/phone cards. It's really not that much $50 a week average assuming your good at deal hunting.

If you print out your certificates, do they automatically disappear from the "My Certificates" section? I ask because I already have an unused $10 one printed out, but I'm seeing a $10 certificate in that section right now and I'm not sure if they're one and the same.

EDIT: Never mind, it's the one I received from the last batch of $10 certificates (its issue date is 11/9, right around the time when it was going on). I didn't get anything new. :razz:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am obligated to say thank you to the OP. I didn't have one of these certificates however, I did have $15 in certificates I didn't know about! Thanks!

Oh not this again. Soon the title will be 'free money, just call and complain'. Every other year I get skipped on this promotion

[quote name='shadowkast']Oh not this again. Soon the title will be 'free money, just call and complain'. [/QUOTE]

Just another day at CAG :roll:

LOL, its obvious i have spent too much at BB. I guess i should stop spending there so I can get my damn 10$ certificate on Christmas. jeeezus... I am ready to go home, this day has been long. I'd much rather be chasing a backwards flying dragon right now.

Being a Premiere Silver Member is getting shitier and shitier each year. Last year they took away the Cinemanow free rental a month and they just sold Napster to Rhapsody and that is no longer valid. Their so called "exclusive" deals have disappeared as well. Being a Silver for my fourth year running there is no point anymore. I just gained it again and will probably just use amazon from here on out. I also do not like their "show ID" return policy and overall poor B&M Customer Service. This promotion is lame as well, lets not thank our loyal customers, lets just send certificates to the flaky ones that have not shopped our stores in a certain amount of xxx days.

For those that say I'm an ass and that this is a "Free" program, free is only to the amount you spend. You spend nothing the program does not give you anything free at all (unless you don't use it for xxx days). I also have been a Rewards Member before it went "Free" and paid for the program the annual fee of a whopping $10 a year. I shop their with a false pretense that they "Value" my purchase and will be willing to give back. Instead they give me back the bare minimum their program offers.

So as a loyal customer it irks me to see stuff like this get out. I understand they want to bring more customers back, but its a real slap in the face to their loyal customers who achieve their lame "Silver" status year after year.

It just sucks seeing where this program started and now seeing how shitty overall it has become. For those of you that got the certificates, congratulations! For the others maybe next year....?

I didn't get a cert, but I don't even get my RZ points half the time. Not worth the effort to even try and get what I should get let alone what I shouldn't.

Just got off the phone with them because I am very annoyed at this. I understand that it's free, but when it's random it feels like a slap in the face to long time and loyal customers. If there were set rules in order to qualify for the promotion then that's one thing. But the fact that it's random, it just ticks people off. After dealing with three RZ Premiere Silver CSR: first call I was disconnected while speaking to them, 2nd was disconnected during a transfer, and finally got to someone and he understood what was going on.

He gave me $20 as an apology. But I had a ton of other issues from BB in the last month that also factored into his decision.

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked and there it was $10 certificate- Expired 12/31/2011. I am premier silver as well.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']how do people spend so much at best buy lol[/QUOTE]

I got premier silver membership by buying a 60" LED Samsung HDTV last year along with all my game purchases. Of course I can get the same tv a little cheaper now, but I have 3 years no interest to pay it off so it works out. Plus the free shipping for premier silver members is great. I got 20 penny guides shipped to me a few months ago for 21 or 22 cents total with tax. (one of my best deals ever, lol)

Checked my RZ account and I have a $10 certificate that was added just yesterday. Description reads "Happy Holidays!." Sweet.

I'm getting very annoyed with the Reward Zone program. Besides this being the 3rd time I haven't gotten a certificate (last year and now twice this year), my spending totals are all messed up. 2 weeks ago my non Best Buy purchases were over $400 on my RZ credit card yet my total spending (to get to the $2500 a year) only went up a little over $200. Then 3 days ago, I was at $13xx spent for the year and had some more points posted from Best Buy purchases and instead of the number going up, it went down to barely over $1100. I emailed them 3 days ago and no response.

Awesome I got one especially surprised after the thing last month and they gave me $15 instead of the $10 others got.

bread's done
Back