19 Michigan State 9-2 413
20 Michigan 9-2 381
21 UNLV 11-2 251
22 Murray State 12-0 222
23 Creighton 8-1 130
24 Virginia 9-1 102
25 Illinois 10-1 96

Last edited by a moderator:
Louisville just had a nice OT win over Vandy to bring the BE-SEC challenge to 6-2. Louisville played like shit, but they still managed to keep it close and eventually scored in OT with 1.4 seconds to win by 2.

I hope Kansas State can play well enough to make the tournament again. Frank Martin has a very young team this season so I'm not sure what to expect.

WVU has a very young team as well. Have two seniors and one junior starting, pretty much everyone else that plays is a true freshman or redshirt freshman.

Off to a decent start so far--just playing good mid-majors. Sitting at 4-1
with a loss to Kent State. Tough tests the next two games. At Mississippi State tonight, and at Kansas State on the 8th (not on their campus, but in Kansas so pretty much a road game still).

Louisville starts:
Pg- jr
Sg- sr
Sf- sr
Pf- fr
C- so

Half the team is injured too. If they get everyone back then I think they have a chance at making it deep in the tourney?

I had high hopes for my team but we ended up losing so far to Harvard, UConn, and just recently Michigan St. Hopefully they can turn it around.

[quote name='lordopus99']I had high hopes for my team but we ended up losing so far to Harvard, UConn, and just recently Michigan St. Hopefully they can turn it around.[/QUOTE]

FSU is still the 3rd best team in the ACC, and Harvard is 7-0, UCONN is 6-1, and MSU is 5-2 with loses to UNC and Duke. Non of those loses are too bad, so I still think FSU can make the tourney as a 9 seed or something.

Can't believe Henson (There needs to be some kind of Muppet joke every game for him) took that shot today with 7 secs left... that has to go to Barnes

Memphis looks good this year and should easily win C-USA, but just like the teams from the 80's and 90's, they have no real size and will get knocked out of the tourney by a bigger team.

[quote name='gbpackers94']FSU is still the 3rd best team in the ACC, and Harvard is 7-0, UCONN is 6-1, and MSU is 5-2 with loses to UNC and Duke. Non of those loses are too bad, so I still think FSU can make the tourney as a 9 seed or something.[/QUOTE]
That's my hope.

WVU loses by 13 at Miss State. Was tied at 52 with 6 minutes or so left, but they fell apart after that.

Oh well, tough to win tough road games with young teams.

WVU wins a nail biter 85-80 in Double OT over Kansas State.

Nice road win for a young team.

I see WVU-K State becoming a nice rivalry with WVU's move to the Big 12. At least as long as Huggins and Martin are the respective coaches.

That is a good win for WVU. In other news, Harvard hung tough with UCONN for most of the game tonight, but eventually they broke away and ended up winning by 14. Harvard looks like they could cause some trouble in the tournament this year (at least in the 1st round or 2).

Another solid win for WVU beating Miami at home. Was worried they'd play poorly with short turnaround from the double OT game in Kansas on Thursday, but the dominated the second half and won easily.

Elsewhere Indiana beat Kentucky on a three at the Buzzer.

Cincy suspended 4 players today and are even still deciding whether to keep some still on the team. Xavier, on the other hand, hasn't done anything yet. They should be afraid since they potentially should lose three starters at least (Holloday, Freese, Wells). Holloday was the trigger to the riot. Freese put hands on players prior to getting knocked out and kicked. Wells threw a punch and stayed in boxing form. He should get the biggest suspension from Xavier.

[quote name='dmaul1114']WVU choked away what would have been a big win over Baylor with missed free throws. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Ha, I knew you would post about that. I feel bad for kid who airballed that last shot, he must feel like shit.

Louisville struggled horribly in a win against WKU (down by 13 at one point). I don't know whats wrong with this team, but I'm not liking their chances against GTOWN or UK.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Ha, I knew you would post about that. I feel bad for kid who airballed that last shot, he must feel like shit. [/QUOTE]

Same one who bricked the front end of the one and one in regulation that let the game go into OT....

Grueling start to conference play for Kansas State. At KU tonight, home for Mizzou Saturday, then Baylor next week. Guess we'll find out what they're made of right out of the gate.

Hoping K-State does well as that's WVU's lone big non-conference win since they choked away the Baylor game, and at best they'll be squarely on the bubble this year.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Hoping K-State does well as that's WVU's lone big non-conference win since they choked away the Baylor game, and at best they'll be squarely on the bubble this year.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I hope WV does well going forward since that's our only loss to this point.

Nice 74-62 win over #9 Georgetown for WVU. Another great game from Kevin Jones with 22 pts and 16 rebounds. Currently leading the Big East in both categories. Also got 25 points from Truck Bryant, and they actually made their free throws down the stretch for once.

K-State absolutely crushing #6 Missouri. Up 40-21 late in the first half. WVU should get a nice boost in the RPI today.

Edit: Man is K-State's court fugly with the darker wood inside the 3 point line. Seems like a very dimly lit building too unless that's just an issue with the Altitude HD feed.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Nice 74-62 win over #9 Georgetown for WVU. Another great game from Kevin Jones with 22 pts and 16 rebounds. Currently leading the Big East in both categories. Also got 25 points from Truck Bryant, and they actually made their free throws down the stretch for once.

K-State absolutely crushing #6 Missouri. Up 40-21 late in the first half. WVU should get a nice boost in the RPI today.

Edit: Man is K-State's court fugly with the darker wood inside the 3 point line. Seems like a very dimly lit building too unless that's just an issue with the Altitude HD feed.[/QUOTE]

Impressive win by the Wildcats today after not showing up in Lawrence earlier in the week. The building seems dark because of the overwhelming amount of purple throughout the building. You don't really understand seeing it on TV. Wildcat Nation gets the "Octagon of Doom" rockin' during home games! Huggie is going to be in for a tough battle when the Wildcats welcome WVU to the conference next year.

Tough loss for WVU @ UCONN. Were up by 10 with 11 minutes to go but really wilted when UCONN put the press on. Lead disappeared quickly and it was back and for the rest of the way.

Shitty call late though. WVU missed a 3 that would have tied it with 14 seconds left, ball was clearly out of bounds off a UCONN player right infront of the ref, but somehow he blew the call and gave UCONN the ball which sealed the game. Oh well, with the way WVU shot the ball in the 2nd half, not much chance of them hitting a 3 to tie it anyway.

K-State has another big game tomorrow night against Baylor. It would be huge if they could somehow get a win and start off 2-1 during their three game initial grind.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Wow. Providence beat Loiusville by 31[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are terrible. In other news, KSU lost to Baylor by 2. I want Baylor to lose.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Yeah, they are terrible. In other news, KSU lost to Baylor by 2. I want Baylor to lose.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was a tough loss for KSU. We had that game several times but let it get away. KSU got out to like a 12 pt lead in the first half and got up by 9 at one point in the second half but Baylor forces a ton of turnovers and got quick points off of them. There was even a point where KSU had a 4 pt lead with about 2 minutes to go but then Baylor got three quick steals and turned the deficit into a 2 pt lead in like 30 seconds.

Illinois beat Ohio State last night as well.

Hell of a performance from Brandon Paul with 43 points. Hit a crazy 3 pointer to put them back ahead and sealed the game at the FT line.

Rutgers will be glad to not have to play WVU again. We beat them in their place by 21. They bounce back and beat UCONN at home and Pitt on the road. Play us again, and we beat them by 24. :D

Another great game from Kevin Jones with 24 points and 14 rebounds.

Kansas State took a dump at Oklahoma yesterday. I was really hoping they'd bounce back after that tough loss to Baylor. 1-3 to start conference play is not good.

Lot of good games so far today.

WVU got a big win over Cincy in OT. Another huge game from Jones with 26 pts and 12 boards. Making a strong case for Big East player of the year if he keeps it up as he's leading the league in both categories currently. This young WVU team is turning out a lot better than I expected. 15-5 and 5-2 in the Big East currently.

FSU ended Duke's 45 game home winning streak with a 3 pointer at the Buzzer. Tennessee upset UCONN, Kansas barely beat Texas, Arkansas beat Michigan. Notre Dame is all over Syracuse early as well.

Stupid Kansas! Somebody within the conference needs to take those guys down! I also hate to see Mizzou keep winning, those SEC bound traitors!

WVU got screwed royally at the end of the game vs. Syracuse. Blatant goaltending that would have tied the game with 7 or 8 seconds left went uncalled. :bomb:

[quote name='dmaul1114']WVU got screwed royally at the end of the game vs. Syracuse. Blatant goaltending that would have tied the game with 7 or 8 seconds left went uncalled. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yup, Syracuse got very lucky.

I've watched two games now where 'Cuse has played without Fab and it's very obvious how badly they need him. Their rebounding has been atrocious.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Iowa State knocked of Kansas.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dmaul1114']WVU got screwed royally at the end of the game vs. Syracuse. Blatant goaltending that would have tied the game with 7 or 8 seconds left went uncalled. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Finally, someone took down the Chickenhawks! Didn't see any of the WVU game but I was really hoping they'd pull off the upset and Syracuse would fall again. To lose is one thing but to fall because of a bad/missed call really bites!

WVU loses at home to Pitt. In a bit of a free fall with 3 straight losses.

Kevin Jones continues to play well at least with 21 pts and 13 boards. Just not getting enough help as the rest of the team is so young other than Bryant and Kilicli who have been struggling lately.

[quote name='dmaul1114']WVU loses at home to Pitt. In a bit of a free fall with 3 straight losses.

Kevin Jones continues to play well at least with 21 pts and 13 boards. Just not getting enough help as the rest of the team is so young other than Bryant and Kilicli who have been struggling lately.[/QUOTE]

K-State is sort of doing the same thing. They've now been swept by Oklahoma and lost last night @ Iowa State after leading by as much as 13 in the second half.

They are quickly going from a tourney team to a very shaky bubble team.

WVU finally got a win. Came back from 15 down to beat Providence on the road in OT.

Hopefully that will get them back on track. That was the first 3 game losing streak they've had since Huggins took over in 2007-08.

Game at least got Truck Bryant back on track finally as he scored 32, including the game winning 3 in OT, as well as the basket that tied it and sent it to OT in the first place.

Huge win for Kansas State today beating #10 Baylor in Waco. They need to get some quality wins down the stretch to improve their conference record and get off the NCAA bubble.

Looking more and more like NIT for WVU. Did win at Pitt the other day, but just got stomped 71-44 at ND.

Have Marquette, Depaul and USF left. Probably have to win at all three of those to lock up a bid in the regular season (would give them 20 wins and a 10-8 Big East record).

More likely they need to get at least 2 and win a game or two in the Big East tourney to get in.

bread's done
Back