Origin PC Downloads Sale

TheKbob

Fakey Bro, Esq.
Feedback
90 (100%)
Looks like there are some holiday sales going on at Origin. Remember, some titles are only offered digitally through EA's site, love it or leave it. All deals on direct downloads. All prices based out of the US. New offers are to occur every week (or so the site says).

:pc:The Sims 3 ($17.99)
:pc:The Sims Medieval ($17.99)

:pc:Need for Speed Undercover ($4.99)

:pc:Need for Speed Hot Pursuit ($9.99)
:pc:The Sabotuer ($9.99)
:pc:Crysis 2 ($9.99)
:pc:FIFA Soccer 11 ($9.99)
:pc:FIFA Manager 11 ($9.99)
:pc:Darkspore ($9.99)

Other Deals:

Free Shipping on orders $39.99 and above. (US Only)

Free $10 Gift Code with any game purchase, good on purchase of $30 or more during December.

Hmmm, Crysis 2 for $10? That's pretty good, even as much as I personally dislike Origin. Still, the game isn't on Steam anymore, so it's this or nothing.

Decisions, decisions... Any idea how long these deals run?

I bought Crysis 2 since I do believe that's the cheapest the PC version has ever been. I also bought Bulletstorm from them during their promotion "try origin" deal for $8. I love Steam, but I'll buy the game from the cheapest source as long as I feel it's reliable. EA probably isn't going anywhere for a while.

I can't wait until they get a better selection of games. It blows me away that they don't add their past catalog of games for sale. I don't think they realize how many gamers enjoy making nostalgia trips.

[quote name='UnrealZero']I have crysis 2 but i cant get the online to work. I keep getting invalid email when i make an account.[/QUOTE]I believe your online address must be your EA/Origin address, so you can't have your store email be [email protected] and the game email be [email protected]. (I had a similar problem when I set up my COD Elite stuff and couldn't sync with my old site PW because it didn't meet the new PW strength requirements. Lame.)

Due to backlog, I'm holding of on Crysis 2 until it goes below $8. I never finished the original yet (despite finally having a PC that can manhandle it) or Warhead and when playing on PC now it's pretty much Battlefield 3, so why add to the never-gonna-play pile when you can wait?

[quote name='cycophuk']I can't wait until they get a better selection of games. It blows me away that they don't add their past catalog of games for sale. I don't think they realize how many gamers enjoy making nostalgia trips.[/QUOTE]

They have more at stake in terms of releasing their old games than Steam does. For one, they would have to make sure their games are compatible with current systems. It is EA's delivery system, so they will get even more flak if they release incompatible versions of their own games. 99% of the old games on Steam are from other publishers, so it really isn't entirely Valve's fault.

[quote name='cycophuk'] It blows me away that they don't add their past catalog of games for sale. I don't think they realize how many gamers enjoy making nostalgia trips.[/QUOTE]

They have a deal with GOG for those and I'm pretty sure whatever contract they signed at the time stipulated the games to be GOG exclusive as they have yet to show up anywhere else.

For the most part they are $6 and all the games are DRM free so its far better than you'd get on Origin.

bread's done
Back