Saints Row The Third $39.99 at BestBuy.com & In-Store

Not live yet. Going to do a instore pickup since saints row is back-ordered. Also you get Saints Row 2 for free with the PS3 version i believe.

[quote name='confoosious']I see "Buy 2 Games, Get a 3rd Free: See How" in my cart but it's still not applying the discount.[/QUOTE]

Yea same for me. If i had to guess maybe it will be live at 12 am pacific time.

[quote name='confoosious']deal is live.

btw- was this deal not in the print ad?[/QUOTE]

Deal isn't working for me...

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Dear God, Amazon please PM both offers. If they don't, I'll have to spend real money to get this.[/QUOTE]

I posted it to amazon to PM, I hope everyone else does the same too

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Deal is working for me. Just got all my games for in-store pickup. Awesome time for a sale on this game.[/QUOTE]

weird...still not working for me..

[quote name='mr_bungle']weird...still not working for me..[/QUOTE]

Hmm that is weird. Maybe you should try removing and adding the games again or try using a different browser.

buy 3 saints rows 84 total

trade in 2 right back to bb of them plus 50% bonus for total of 75

then pick up mgs hd and skyrim and gears 3 so for just over 100 out of pocket i will have 4 big games

Added 3 copies of SR3 and my total is 119.97. 3rd one not free. We'll see what happens in about 37 minutes.

Edit: tried again and got 3 copies for $84 and change

Last edited by a moderator:
It will work. This is the weird time of the week when the system gets rid of the old sales and puts in the new. Sometimes they cross, sometimes they don't work. In a few hours it will work fine.

I actually benefited from this a few months back. They had a Buy 2 get 1 free on recent released PS3 2 packs. The Resistance, Uncharted, ICO/SOtC, and GOW Origins were included. The following week, the B2G1 was no more, however all those were 24.99. I was up late and the deals crossed. So i got both the 24.99 price, and the B2G1 Free. So I got ICO/SotC, Resistance Bundle, and God of War Origins for a total of 50 bucks, 16.33 each. Two of those had just been released like a week or two before.

[quote name='darkvulture']buy 3 saints rows 84 total

then pick up mgs hd and skyrim and gears 3 so for just over 100 out of pocket i will have 4 big games[/QUOTE]

or buy 3 take 2 to walmart and return for full price and get a gift card to trade for whichever new title you want

trade in 2 right back to bb of them plus 50% bonus for total of 75[/QUOTE]
Could explain this trading in bonus at BB a bit more? I'm unfamiliar with it and I would like to do this.

[quote name='Rockinjs']or buy 3 take 2 to walmart and return for full price and get a gift card to trade for whichever new title you want[/QUOTE]
This sort of behavior is not encouraged here.

[quote name='Rockinjs']or buy 3 take 2 to walmart and return for full price and get a gift card to trade for whichever new title you want[/QUOTE]

OMG! You must be the first person to think of that! You should totally make a new thread telling everyone! I'm sure all CAGs would love you long time!

Now GTFO!

Hopefully Amazon will price match, because I just sold them some textbooks and now have some credit to spend. I want to play this game so bad

then pick up mgs hd and skyrim and gears 3 so for just over 100 out of pocket i will have 4 big games[/QUOTE]

Didn't the 50% Trade in bonus end yesterday 12/3?

That pretty much amounts to return fraud and that sort of thing is heavily frowned upon here at CAG.

You're new here I can tell but that's return fraud. It's no different than walking into a store and pocketing a game and walking right out without paying. No different.

Hmmm.

Saints Row, Halo CEA, and Mario Kart 7 for $79.98 plus tax?

Edit: oh yeah. Don't forget 10% Sho Disocver cash back for those with Discover cards

Edit 2: argh...might have to wait on that
[quote name='Discover']
We're sorry. We will be performing system maintenance between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. Eastern Time. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later.[/quote]

I want this game but spent way too much on games last few weeks. I don't even think I can find two other games I still need to get the B2G1

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Didn't the 50% Trade in bonus end yesterday 12/3?[/QUOTE]
That it did. Now the promo is 40% more(50% with GCU) with purchase of a $39.99 or higher game.

Sounds great, but I'm having a hard time bundling it with anything in the $40 range. I'm not interested in Gears 3 enough to pick it @ $40, and I can't think of anything that isn't MSRP in that price range right now. Might look at Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 or LoZ: Skyward Sword since those never seem to go on sale. That, or use the Warhammer coupon from @Gamer to knock it down to $40.

For those of you who haven't picked up Catherine, using the @Gamer coupon and getting it with this sale might be the way to go.

Anyone think Batman: AC will be on sale for $30 by February?

That SR3 TIV is tempting, Gears 3' TIV is in the shitter, for those interested.

YMMV, but sometimes you can PM sale prices for a B2G1 sale (K-mart has some pretty good prices atm, LoZ 3D + Starfox 3D for $30 + SR3 = ~$23 per game + tax, not bad, there's also Dead Island for $35, Forza 4 for $40 and BF3 for $45).

I wish Skyrim was $20 off this week..

Don't forget to post-purchase PM if you bought this game as part of the Buy 5 Get $100 back.

[quote name='MikeE021286']Saints Row Amazon TIV is currently $33.75

FYI[/QUOTE]

Well past history would say that will change quickly. Better get them submitted lickity-split. Those submitting for a price-match to Amazon will make them drop the TIV even quicker.

BTW, anybody picking up SR3 that has both PS3 and 360 should remember the PS3 version comes with a free digital download of SR2 from the PSN when you activate your pass.

Basically if you buy 3 copies and trade two into Amazon you can get the game for $20

edit: You can actually get $20 off ANY game by doing this. Just add buy two copies of Saints Row and any other third game.

Great price but I have ACR, Dark Souls, MGS HD, UMVC3 and X-men Destiny on my queue, to play and complete. If I were to jimp on this, Id definetly pair it with Catherine, but dont have another game to go along with it

[quote name='MikeE021286']Basically if you buy 3 copies and trade two into Amazon you can get the game for $20[/QUOTE]Oh wow, now that you put it that way, it seems alot more tempting. I looked though but I dont see it there for for the PS3. Only 360 is listed on Amazon for trade-in

Edited to add: I tried to add the 360 version and the highest value you can trade it in for is Good, which is $23.90. There's no option to trade it in for Like New ($33.75)

[quote name='Havok83']Great price but I have ACR, Dark Souls, MGS HD, UMVC3 and X-men Destiny on my queue, to play and complete. If I were to jimp on this, Id definetly pair it with Catherine, but dont have another game to go along with it

Oh wow, now that you put it that way, it seems alot more tempting. I looked though but I dont see it there for for the PS3. Only 360 is listed on Amazon for trade-in[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-Th...V0MI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322986259&sr=8-1

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Looks like amazon updated the TIV to $23.19. That was fast haha.[/QUOTE]

Told ya so. All bringing a sale price to their attention does is knock the bottom out of the TIV. Look for it to be even less by daybreak.

Being a PS3/360 owner, it's some times hard to pick which version to get. In this case it looks like PS3 version for me since it apparently has a DL code for the full Saints Row 2 game. Sweet deal.

Gonna grab Ultimate MvC3 and something else.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Well past history would say that will change quickly. Better get them submitted lickity-split. Those submitting for a price-match to Amazon will make them drop the TIV even quicker.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Dropped already. I tried setting it up and my value for 2 was going to be $47.xx

Well I hope this price keeps for at least the next few days. The one weekend I am out of town and do not bring along my trade credit they drop the price AND add a B2G1. Not going to get too upset but at $28 each the price is right to support a new sale over a used sale.

Thanks for this post - got the full trade-in value submitted before the drop, used some BB credit, and found a price point on a game I wasn't quite sure about. Pays off to be CAG-ing at 3 AM!

I just locked in my amazon trade in at the $33 price. I ordered mario kart, mario land and sr3 all for $86. the 3ds games will be christmas presents for my son and will try out sr3 before sending it in to amazon. Not a bad deal

bread's done
Back