Heavenly Sword PS3 15.99 Free Shipping Newegg

[quote name='GBAstar']did they make a greatest hits version? I really wants this but only with a black case[/QUOTE]
You're safe. There is no greatest hits version.

The last boss is too hard though. I just kinda gave up a few years ago. Enslaved was much better.

[quote name='PublikDefender']You're safe. There is no greatest hits version.

The last boss is too hard though. I just kinda gave up a few years ago. Enslaved was much better.[/QUOTE]

Lol I bought Heavenly Sword recently because of Enslaved. Too bad there won't be a sequel. :cry:

Yeah, this game never ever drops in price. But it's worth playing, the control is pretty good and the combat is fun. The last boss can be a pain but I didn't find it too unbearable (and at the end you are crazy powerful).

[quote name='GBAstar']did they make a greatest hits version? I really wants this but only with a black case[/QUOTE]It didn't sell enough fast enough to reach GH status that's why the game remained so overpriced even long after it was released. The developer is the same behind Enslaved & they just haven't hit with their sales. Although, HS has sold near 1.5 million the fact that there just weren't enough PS3 on the market when the game was "hot" to get that 800,000 $50-$60 sales in the 1st month.
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/08/11/dont-give-up-yet-on-heavenly-sword-2/
I've seen copies at $5 below but this was some time ago so YMMV.
Hopefully, the can get a greenlight on a sequel, a PSvita port & new game that can get this 2 GH status & revive the franchise.

Nariko is one of my all-time favorite video game heroines. I picked up a copy for $9.99 two years ago so it's surprising to still see it hovering around the $15 mark

Kai: "Bird or worm ? They're both quite tasty" (kai eats live worm)

Kai: "tell me the password or ill hit your weak point for massive damage !"

Bohan: " i have something of yours and you have something of mine" (Que funny face)

I fucking love this game for life !

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite part of this game was the Kai missions, especially the one on the bridge where you get to snipe people in slo-mo with arrows and even follow them as they pierce the enemies. Such a great game!!

[quote name='PublikDefender']The last boss is too hard though. I just kinda gave up a few years ago. Enslaved was much better.[/QUOTE]

Too hard? Not really. He's tough and it took a lot of attempts, but I was able to finish.

If Enslaved is better, I really need to get it. HS is a pretty darn good game for a God Of War ripoff. (Which, IMO, is harder than HS.)

[quote name='kndy']Is the gameplay and story just as good as "enslaved"? If so, i'll order this game,[/QUOTE]

Besides there being no platforming in heavenly sword the game is better than enslaved overall. Love both games though and I'm surprised Sony hasn't made a ninja theory dual pack or something like that

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GBAstar']did they make a greatest hits version? I really wants this but only with a black case[/QUOTE]

Nope. I don't believe Sony even bothered trying a price drop. Haven't seen official word of them lowering this game from $60.

[quote name='GT']Shouldn't this be like five bucks or less now?[/QUOTE]

You'd think. I've been waiting FOREVER for this to hit $10 or less. Same with Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction. Why these two haven't dropped in price is beyond me.

I also really liked Heavenly Sword, and recommend it at this price. I remember it getting a lot of flak when it came out, but I got a PS3 late, so I picked it up at a GameStop B2G1 on a lark and it's really pretty awesome. I found it a lot more enjoyable than God of War III, though I think I just didn't like GoW's whole middle-school-age testosterone shtick. It's got the same Ninja Theory loosey-goosey animations and movement style that Enslaved has, but I found the combat really well done.

Though yeah, screw the last boss. It took me about 40 minutes of constant failing before I figured out all of the patterns.

[quote name='tweeb']Lol I bought Heavenly Sword recently because of Enslaved. Too bad there won't be a sequel. :cry:[/QUOTE]

That's what I want as well! I remember there were rumors about a planned sequel some years ago, but they never came to pass.

[quote name='Wedgie']You'd think. I've been waiting FOREVER for this to hit $10 or less. Same with Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction. Why these two haven't dropped in price is beyond me.[/QUOTE]
tools of destruction was $10 @ best buy during black friday / cyber monday weekend. a new copy may or may not still ring up $10 in store but it seems like best buy removed it from the website.

Heavenly Sword is better than Enslaved in my opinion.

I think Enslaved's story was worse and graphics were arguably worse considering frame rate (and the fact it had graphical issues and came out years after HS).

Honestly I never got people saying Enslaved was such a hidden gem. It was an average game and sold like it should have.

That said, years ago, HS had some pretty amazing parts to it (storytelling, graphics, etc) which looked like a great base for Ninja Theory. Only to find out years later they haven't made any improvements what so ever to their games over HS.

I will say this, if anyone remotely enjoyed Enslaved, or likes story based games, you should try Heavenly Sword because I really enjoyed it even though it's a short GoW-style action game.

Rented it two weeks ago through Gamefly and after completely crashing my PS3, the savegame wouldn't load anymore. I'm hoping it was the nicked disc and not my PS3. In any case I was very impressed with what I played. So I've just ordered it. Thanks muchly OP.

[quote name='SuppaMan']Heavenly Sword is better than Enslaved in my opinion.

I think Enslaved's story was worse and graphics were arguably worse considering frame rate (and the fact it had graphical issues and came out years after HS).

Honestly I never got people saying Enslaved was such a hidden gem. It was an average game and sold like it should have.

That said, years ago, HS had some pretty amazing parts to it (storytelling, graphics, etc) which looked like a great base for Ninja Theory. Only to find out years later they haven't made any improvements what so ever to their games over HS.

I will say this, if anyone remotely enjoyed Enslaved, or likes story based games, you should try Heavenly Sword because I really enjoyed it even though it's a short GoW-style action game.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this man to an extreme. I actually bought Enslaved because I knew Ninja Theory had made Heavenly Sword and Andy Serkis was again on board as a main character. And boy was putting faith in them a mistake.

I played Enslaved expecting SO much more in terms of QUALITY set by Heavenly Sword. On PS3 expect plenty of graphical problems, sound desyncing, horrible texture pop in even in cutscenes, a less than realized world/universe which also pours over to story and characters.

Gameplay itself was no better than expected and nothing particularly new. Platform traversal has virtually no risk as its all on rails. And with that you have little fear and/or reward in making jumps/climbs. Really makes doing the platforming in the game a chore and pointless.

But man did the performance of the game just leave a bad taste in my mouth throughout the entire game with frame rate issues, texture problems, screen tearing. Really makes you wish they had more time to work on it.

The animation and mo-cap fared far better in Heavenly Sword, but it perhaps complimented the already amazing characters.

To say that Enslaved is better than Heavenly Sword is totally ludicrous.

[quote name='MaximusDM']I agree with this man to an extreme. I actually bought Enslaved because I knew Ninja Theory had made Heavenly Sword and Andy Serkis was again on board as a main character. And boy was putting faith in them a mistake.

I played Enslaved expecting SO much more in terms of QUALITY set by Heavenly Sword. On PS3 expect plenty of graphical problems, sound desyncing, horrible texture pop in even in cutscenes, a less than realized world/universe which also pours over to story and characters.

Gameplay itself was no better than expected and nothing particularly new. Platform traversal has virtually no risk as its all on rails. And with that you have little fear and/or reward in making jumps/climbs. Really makes doing the platforming in the game a chore and pointless.

But man did the performance of the game just leave a bad taste in my mouth throughout the entire game with frame rate issues, texture problems, screen tearing. Really makes you wish they had more time to work on it.

The animation and mo-cap fared far better in Heavenly Sword, but it perhaps complimented the already amazing characters.

To say that Enslaved is better than Heavenly Sword is totally ludicrous.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely disagree. Heavenly Sword was not a bad game but it felt like an unfinished product and a clearly stretched, paperthin gaming experience. Sure, the game had ~30 minutes of awesome cutscenes, but the gameplay was basically one room to the next, kill the baddies, and then proceed to the next room. Oh, and spend way too much time firing a canon with forced six-axis functionality.

Enslaved was leaps and bounds better than Heavenly Sword. The game showed Ninja Theory learned from its predecessor. The dynamic between Trip and Monkey was well played and the relationship gave stronger meaning to the gameplay. I wasn't a great fan of the story and in this sense, I felt Ninja Theory just ran out of money and time, similar to H.S., but in every way Enslaved was an improvement. Longer, more fleshed out game; more interesting, diverse levels, and stunning visual design.

Heavenly Sword was a nice experiment and it proved Ninja Theory could make a good game. Enslaved took everything to the next step. I'm hopeful DMC will finally show Ninja Theory capitalizing on all fronts.

If you haven't played Enslaved, pick it up. At the prices it goes at, it's well worth it, easily moreso than Heavenly Sword.

[quote name='PublikDefender']The last boss is too hard though. I just kinda gave up a few years ago. Enslaved was much better.[/QUOTE]Wow, I'll keep far away from it as Enslaved was absolute trash in my opinion.

(That and I refuse to give Sony any money for a game they published yet didn't bother to patch trophies into.)

[quote name='PublikDefender']You're safe. There is no greatest hits version.

The last boss is too hard though. I just kinda gave up a few years ago. Enslaved was much better.[/QUOTE]

I did too until I learned you can return the Orange attacks as well as the Blue ones. You just hold the heavy attack down while you do it. He's a pushover once you master this and the stupid QTEs. Good luck. Excellent game.

I got this a while back for $4.99 at one of the Sony stores since they had it on clearance. It was definitely worth that! I would have paid more as it was a great game. The last boss was annoying. I like Enslaved as well. The crazy part is I made money when I resold the game.

For Heavenly Sword, I couldn't memorize the whole list of combos, and it's annoying to pause the game and look at the list. I just button mash my way through the game.

Is it just me or anyone else have the same issue?

[quote name='cheapnpoor']For Heavenly Sword, I couldn't memorize the whole list of combos, and it's annoying to pause the game and look at the list. I just button mash my way through the game.

Is it just me or anyone else have the same issue?[/QUOTE]

I would just do a certain set of moves during each new chapter so by the later parts of the game I memorised them all. I've also played it numerous times so that helps to lol

[quote name='jedi_sentinel']I did too until I learned you can return the Orange attacks as well as the Blue ones. You just hold the heavy attack down while you do it. He's a pushover once you master this and the stupid QTEs. Good luck. Excellent game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the toughest thing to learn is that you can return his blasts. Once you know that (and can get the timing down consistantly), he's a lot easier to handle.

[quote name='cheapnpoor']For Heavenly Sword, I couldn't memorize the whole list of combos, and it's annoying to pause the game and look at the list. I just button mash my way through the game.

Is it just me or anyone else have the same issue?[/QUOTE]

I never bothered to memorize the combos much, considering that there are standard patterns to follow that do the job. I never quite knew what move I was doing half the time, but I knew I was doing a move.

[quote name='srac84']Hey guys I've been looking for this game for a while, usually it wouldn't go lower than 27.99 anywhere, but newegg.com has it for 15.99 now with free shipping, maybe a temporary price drop, links below:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879261027[/QUOTE]

I've seen it at 19.99 or 14.99 stickers in the bargin bin @ BB when ever they have had copies and usually they had plenty until all were sold and then get more later on, usually around the holidays.

[quote name='MaximusDM']I agree with this man to an extreme. I actually bought Enslaved because I knew Ninja Theory had made Heavenly Sword and Andy Serkis was again on board as a main character. And boy was putting faith in them a mistake.

To say that Enslaved is better than Heavenly Sword is totally ludicrous.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. This studio makes good motion captures but can barely sustain the minimum 30 fps, let alone 60fps where this genre should be and has been. When it comes to gameplay, both of their games are just God of War clones, as HS was even considered Goddess of War. That said, I acutally enjoyed HS more than GOW as far as gameplay go because it actually has some difficulty at times where as GOW, you can button mash through the whole game, for every game in the series.

Both HS and Enslaved have great art style and should be applaud for. But I play games for gameplay and the true crowns in the genre are the Ninja Gaiden series and Bayonetta. Both use technical combat as their core gameplay, cannot be button mashed, no to very mininal QTE's, and 60 fps.

Also, I'm not holding my breath for their DMC reboot, as footage so far look pretty bleh with their trademark low framerates.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I agree with you. This studio makes good motion captures but can barely sustain the minimum 30 fps, let alone 60fps where this genre should be and has been. When it comes to gameplay, both of their games are just God of War clones, as HS was even considered Goddess of War. That said, I acutally enjoyed HS more than GOW as far as gameplay go because it actually has some difficulty at times where as GOW, you can button mash through the whole game, for every game in the series.

Both HS and Enslaved have great art style and should be applaud for. But I play games for gameplay and the true crowns in the genre are the Ninja Gaiden series and Bayonetta. Both use technical combat as their core gameplay, cannot be button mashed, no to very mininal QTE's, and 60 fps.

Also, I'm not holding my breath for their DMC reboot, as footage so far look pretty bleh with their trademark low framerates.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Enslaved did nothing. It took Uncharted's jumping and made it even more simplified and still had the same combat from HS/GoW/etc except I found it even less varied due to the fact HS you at least had three stances and were forced to use them all correctly at times to move on.

All Enslaved did was arguably add worse graphics (again considering the advancements in the timeframe of console span here), change the story/setting, overly simplified platforming, and simplified the combat even further.

Enslaved was horribly overrated by people. Heavenly Sword was probably scored right, but didn't get the cache among the gaming community it probably deserved.

The big factor in looking at what I'm saying also lies in the fact the dates the games were released. Taken in context, Enslaved was a standstill if not a step back.

Heavenly Sword was a fun, quick toss-away GoW style game with a next-gen approach in story-telling. The graphics for the most part were great, the music was very well done, and the story/setting and approach to that in the game were quite a leap forward. The gameplay was largely average but not terrible.

They basically stood still in design if not got worse in the time span between that and Enslaved. The rest of the gaming world moved forward in that time table, Ninja Theory did not.

But again, if you remotely enjoyed Enslaved, like GoW style action games and/or love story based single player games, it's worth one playthrough.

I know its been said, but Ninja Theory is literally the worst developer around these days. They don't understand how to make compelling gameplay, and they think its a miracle when they get a game to occasionally hit 26 fps.

There is so little gameplay in Enslaved that i'm honestly having trouble remembering what I did in that fucking game. I beat it on the hardest setting in 5 or 6 hours. Not even worth the rental.

[quote name='custo']Thanks OP. So tempted to get this, it's on my list of games to get when they're $10 or less.[/QUOTE]

Spend the extra $5, trust us.

Game is great, got it on release. Flying Fox is one of the best (creepy) characters I have ever seen.

[quote name='KneeKnee']Game is great, got it on release. Flying Fox is one of the best (creepy) characters I have ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Him, whiptail, roach (poor guy) and Bohan were all great antagonists

[quote name='strait edge follower']Him, whiptail, roach (poor guy) and Bohan were all great antagonists[/QUOTE]

I definitely thought the characters were well done in Heavenly Sword. I do think though that Flying Fox and Bohan stood above the rest as far as antagonists go and were pretty memorable villians from this generation of gaming.

bread's done
Back