[sold out] x360 Tales of Vesperia $15.99 Free Ship at Newegg

People, if you like action JRPGs, get this! Though if you clicked in this topic, chances are you already were planning to.

I really like this game.

Check the tracker, Newegg dropped a goodly amount of stuff today. It can be tough to find a good price on this game so definitely pick it up if you're interested.

Awesome! This goes for $40 on gamestop and that's used! Finally picked up a new copy for half that price :) Thanks OP!

[quote name='handsomepete']Check the tracker, Newegg dropped a goodly amount of stuff today.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. There are several games in today's sale, including:
Splinter Cell Trilogy HD (PS3) $19.99
Conduit 2 (Wii) $14.99

Splinter Cell sounds like a lackluster conversion that omitted support for Y-axis inversion. I'm interested in Conduit 2, however, as the Wii doesn't have many games of that flavor.

I already have a sealed Eternal Sonata and have limited time on my hands. Is ES just as good or at least a decent substitute?

[quote name='gantt']Indeed. There are several games in today's sale, including:
Conduit 2 (Wii) $14.99

Splinter Cell sounds like a lackluster conversion that omitted support for Y-axis inversion. I'm interested in Conduit 2, however, as the Wii doesn't have many games of that flavor.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed Conduit 2, as Conduit 2 has not dropped anywhere that I've seen. Tales of Vesperia has previously been $15 or so.

Conduit 2 (Wii) $14.99

Splinter Cell sounds like a lackluster conversion that omitted support for Y-axis inversion. I'm interested in Conduit 2, however, as the Wii doesn't have many games of that flavor.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I've been trying get all the hd collection and $20 is my price point. Will definitely get Splinter Cell. (So far already got Sly and PoP)

[quote name='Kendro']I already have a sealed Eternal Sonata and have limited time on my hands. Is ES just as good or at least a decent substitute?[/QUOTE]
No. ES has a fun battle system and interesting premise, but ToV is so much better in every aspect. ToV will make you remember why you love this genre. It's a shame it was never released on PS3 over here.

This is one of the best Tales of games, and one of the best JRPGs on this current generation of consoles. I highly recommend it. I picked it up at full price at launch.

[quote name='Kendro']I already have a sealed Eternal Sonata and have limited time on my hands. Is ES just as good or at least a decent substitute?[/QUOTE]

Tales of Vesperia is a 9
Lost Odyssey is a 9
Eternal Sonata is a 6.5 or 7

Conduit 2 (Wii) $14.99

Guess I should also add:
Sonic Generations (PS3) $29.99

I didn't get to be a Sonic fan but this one seems to have decent reviews and it appears to be $20+ less than elsewhere.

In case anyone wasn't convinced by the 15 recommendations already posted and was waiting for #16... This is an awesome game, arguably the best JRPG this console generation.

Even though I've got a dozen games in my backlog, couldn't pass up this gem for a mere 16 bones. Thanks OP!

Great game. I've logged over 200 hours on it over the past 2-3 years I've had it. Lots and lots of replay value.

I'm incredibly happy. During my last great collection purge, this is one of the games I regret selling and now I get it back for half what I expected I'd have to pay. Still regret not buying the LE when I saw it on store shelves and they were apparently already rare, though.

I bought the L.E. on Day 1 for full price and don't regret it. This game is outstanding. Story, characters, gameplay... Everything. Just pretend a superior PS3 version doesn't exist in Japan and you'll be fine. :p

Speaking of which, I'm incredibly disappointed that more Tales games don't get released over here. Given the recent history of Final Fantasy games, I think they'd compete nicely if Namco Bandai would just localize them (though some advertising wouldn't hurt, either).

One of my favorite RPGs ever. Great deal. I may have picked up another if it didn't sell out even though I already own one. Hopefully they get more in stock.

yes, I preferred it. though I seem to be in the minority. I played the hell out of Eternal Sonata and just couldn't get into Vesperia, though I'm considering giving it another chance at this price. you're certainly fine with ES for a jrpg fix though

bread's done
Back