Android App 10 Days $0.10 Sale (12/06/2011 - 12/15/2011)

Locky

CAG Veteran
10B_D01_US_web.jpg

Google is running a special promo for reaching 10 billion downloads. They've marked down several premium apps to ten cents including a few games and some very useful apps. The current theory is that the apps will change on a daily basis so grab it today if you want anything.

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

Day Cinco:

Day Six:

Day 7:

Day The Ocho:

Day 9:

Day 10:

Last edited by a moderator:
holy crap, nice find OP, I don't have hardly any of those apps..yup, none come to think of it..

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed Minecraft and GLWG for my Xperia Play. Wasn't crazy about the Minecraft PE trial I played but couldn't turn it down for 10 cents each

awesome! I got Minecraft, I wasn't crazy about the trail version of PE but I figure they'll probably update it into a better game in coming months just like they did with the original game.

Bought most of them thought I couldn't get Asphalt. I found a banner as well, looks like Fruit Ninja, Tetris, Need for Speed: Shift, Read It Later, and I think FlightTrack will be coming up sometime in the next few days.

[quote name='danny8k']I don't have any android devices yet. Any chance I can buy the apps now and have them in my account?[/QUOTE] I'm pretty sure it stays with your account and you can download it later on other Android devices.

Just ordered a Samsung Galaxy Player last night, it's going to be here tomorrow. Will these still be on sale then?

These run on the kindle fire, right? I'm probably getting one of these soon. Can I buy on the Android market web site and then download to the device at a later date?

[edit] nevermnd. just tried to check out and it wouldn't let me as I dont have an android device associated. Oh well.

Nice....I dl'd minecraft, now what? I don't know anything about this game, I have remained numb to the hype but I know it's the rage with all you kids....

[quote name='GT']Nice....I dl'd minecraft, now what? I don't know anything about this game, I have remained numb to the hype but I know it's the rage with all you kids....[/QUOTE]

The phone version sucks tbh. :( Dig and place blocks.

[quote name='GT']Nice....I dl'd minecraft, now what? I don't know anything about this game, I have remained numb to the hype but I know it's the rage with all you kids....[/QUOTE]

This version won't help you too much. Right now it is a basic creative mode where you can wander around a desolate environment and place blocks of various types in order to make structures of your own choosing. The common analogy is playing with virtual legos. BUT! As long as you have this version, there will be planned updates that will bring it closer to the PC version including survival mode and item crafting. For now, enjoy it as a separate title without the Minecraft name.

[quote name='Locky']This version won't help you too much. Right now it is a basic creative mode where you can wander around a desolate environment and place blocks of various types in order to make structures of your own choosing. The common analogy is playing with virtual legos. BUT! As long as you have this version, there will be planned updates that will bring it closer to the PC version including survival mode and item crafting. For now, enjoy it as a separate title without the Minecraft name.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks, I just want to experience the phenomenon that now seems more legend than reality.

Warning to others - there seem to be no directions on the ap. Maybe it opens to a tutorial when you start a new game? I haven't gotten even that far yet.

[quote name='GT']Ok thanks, I just want to experience the phenomenon that now seems more legend than reality.

Warning to others - there seem to be no directions on the ap. Maybe it opens to a tutorial when you start a new game? I haven't gotten even that far yet.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't your tag (or whatever it's called) be "Hiten Mitsurugi"?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Shouldn't your tag (or whatever it's called) be "Hiten Mitsurugi"?[/QUOTE]

Made you comment on it, so....NOPE! ;-)

[quote name='GT']Ok thanks, I just want to experience the phenomenon that now seems more legend than reality.

Warning to others - there seem to be no directions on the ap. Maybe it opens to a tutorial when you start a new game? I haven't gotten even that far yet.[/QUOTE]

It's not too difficult. I just dl'd the (free) demo. You use the arrows to move, swipe anywhere to look around, jump using the button in the center of the arrows, place a block by tapping the area around you. If you keep your finger on that area, you'll dig. The you can set your server to invisible in the options menu (labeled '...') as well as switch between 1st and 3rd person views. The options menu accessed via your phone keys allows you to adjust the graphics settings (fancy graphics rock!) as well as keeping your server private by default.

edit: By the way, I'm new to Android. If I buy an app on my phone, can I redownload and install it for free on a tablet later on or would I have to repurchase it?

For those that did the HP touchpad deals earlier this year, will these work on the pad that is running androids OS? i have an old droid that allowed me to pick these up but I never got around to messing around with the touchpad enough to know how the apps work on it.

[quote name='Locky']This version won't help you too much. Right now it is a basic creative mode where you can wander around a desolate environment and place blocks of various types in order to make structures of your own choosing. The common analogy is playing with virtual legos. BUT! As long as you have this version, there will be planned updates that will bring it closer to the PC version including survival mode and item crafting. For now, enjoy it as a separate title without the Minecraft name.[/QUOTE]

Coincidentally, news about updates to Minecraft Pocket Edition:

This is what the plan looks like right now and being worked on:
• A new file system – to make sure we can support items and mobs in the world
• Item system – to be able to pick up items
• Crafting – we know you want this :) This will probably need some iterations since the interface will be customized for the touch devices
• Inventory system
• Mobs – animals and enemies!
• Optimizing rendering code – we are experimenting with caves but need to make it work better before we are able to release it
• Clean up of code and overall optimization

http://kotaku.com/5865577/mojang-says-that-survival-modes-coming-minecraft-pocket-edition

BTW Xperia Play users will be getting Survival Mode for Minecraft apparently so day in the future according to XDA Forums Post I saw

[quote name='acsguitar']BTW Xperia Play users will be getting Survival Mode for Minecraft apparently so day in the future according to XDA Forums Post I saw[/QUOTE]

I had heard the Xperia version was supposed to be heavily supported so we will see. Sony also bought out Ericsson I believe so hopefully we see more playstation games and features on the device. Currently I really only use my gamepad controls to play Street Fighter 2 on emulators

[quote name='doubledown']Asphalt 6 is not available on my Dell Streak 5. Boooo....excellent deals though![/QUOTE]
Its not available on my Huawei U8800H, although I KNOW it works on it... I wanted to buy it anyway but it doesnt let me. Any ideas? Some guy reported an emulator but Im almost 100% sure it doesnt let you buy specific games for the same reason, its not officially supported on specific platforms.
But I want to buy it for my future phone/tablet!!!

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I had heard the Xperia version was supposed to be heavily supported so we will see. Sony also bought out Ericsson I believe so hopefully we see more playstation games and features on the device. Currently I really only use my gamepad controls to play Street Fighter 2 on emulators[/QUOTE]

If you like the Gears series get Shadow Gun. Its pretty awesome

bread's done
Back