Amazon - Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 (Xbox 360) - $34.99

Damn just bought this one at full price from BB with some certs and $15 cash. Trying to decide if it is worth the hassle of digging for my receipt.

Still too much for a fitness game. I looked for last years edition for $10 at Target and its sold out at the 4 I visited. :(

[quote name='buster90']Still too much for a fitness game. I looked for last years edition for $10 at Target and its sold out at the 4 I visited. :([/QUOTE]

I don't understand how anyone can make a blanket statement like this.

Why are fitness games any less of a game than something else.

A few reviews mention the lack of tutorials, sure hope it's not true but either way I'm in.
Still might be a good idea to check out the demo.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Damn just bought this one at full price from BB with some certs and $15 cash. Trying to decide if it is worth the hassle of digging for my receipt.[/QUOTE]

Careful, I think you lose the value of the certs on the return/exchange.

[quote name='Coraanu']Careful, I think you lose the value of the certs on the return/exchange.[/QUOTE]

nope it will just go back to your account.

anyway i enjoyed the first one, might pick this up

Thinking of buying this - I liked the Ea active on the Wii and this seems very similar to that.

Can you guys recommend it and give me some pro/cons?

[quote name='hufferstl']Thinking of buying this - I liked the Ea active on the Wii and this seems very similar to that.

Can you guys recommend it and give me some pro/cons?[/QUOTE]

I like it a lot. There's no structured daily workout like in EA Fitness (or maybe I missed it and someone can point it out to me) but the workouts are good and the recognition is probably the most accurate out of all the workout games. (I have EA Fitness 2, UFC Trainer as well. I sold Your Shape 1 after I got 2012.)

You basically get a menu of exercises to do and some are "recommended" based on what you chose as a goal. I think if you're the type of person who can say "I'm gonna do x minutes or x calories today" then you'll be fine.

[quote name='confoosious']I like it a lot. There's no structured daily workout like in EA Fitness (or maybe I missed it and someone can point it out to me) but the workouts are good and the recognition is probably the most accurate out of all the workout games. (I have EA Fitness 2, UFC Trainer as well. I sold Your Shape 1 after I got 2012.)

You basically get a menu of exercises to do and some are "recommended" based on what you chose as a goal. I think if you're the type of person who can say "I'm gonna do x minutes or x calories today" then you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

I have been meaning to get this one. I too have UFC and EA Fitness 2 (which has a heart rate monitor which is cool).

The UFC program is brutal, very squat heavy, and has no provision for making up missed workouts.

I need to play more EA Fitness, but it's sort of gamey and kind of corny. It has been more fun although less intense so far than UFC.

I tried the XBL demo for YS2012 and it seemed more gamey, which is what I'd like. I'm looking to pick it up for less.

Unfortunately this deal is dead.

Me and the wife enjoy this one, the kinect reads you much better on this one than other fitness games.. great variety too!

can dlc bought for the first game be used for this game too?

i imagine it would but would like to be sure?

also are 1 and 2 that different- thinking if i should keep one or trade/ sell it.

[quote name='youenvy']can dlc bought for the first game be used for this game too?

i imagine it would but would like to be sure?

also are 1 and 2 that different- thinking if i should keep one or trade/ sell it.[/QUOTE]

Get rid of the first one. This game has most (if not all) the stuff from the first game.

bread's done
Back