GameFly 2011 Year End Sale - Now Live!

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's famous annual Year End Sale features free shipping on all used games and big discounts on many items. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New titles may be added throughout the sale. Sale ends 1/3/12.

icongamefly.gif
GameFly's Year End Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
cheapy will make his own thread when the sale starts, but didnt know about the FS on all used games. I thank you for posting that. If catherine is still $25 used and not included in any GF or Best buy deal then I will pick it up.

They sent out E-mails telling us that their Annual Year-End sale is going to happen at the end of the year? Mindblown!

It could definitely be worse. I've been getting spammed by GoHastings so much recently (2-4 mediocre "sale" E-mails a day) that I had to remove myself from their mailing list today. 50% off Shipping = 100% GTFO.

[quote name='Kerig']They sent out E-mails telling us that their Annual Year-End sale is going to happen at the end of the year? Mindblown!

Just trying to get the word out my friend. No need to get you panties in a bunch.

[quote name='Kerig']They sent out E-mails telling us that their Annual Year-End sale is going to happen at the end of the year? Mindblown!.[/QUOTE]

Just trying to get the word out my friend. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']dont say shit like that. Youll get me too happy. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Hey, a guy can hope! Anyways, that's the whole point of this thread now. Just pure speculation about the killer deals to be had in the near future!

I'm hoping that its all of the games they've had on sale in the past month but for $6 - $10 instead of the $13 and $15 that they've been on sale for.

[quote name='ray2dee']I got till the 21st to find funds......playing bongs on the streets here I go[/QUOTE]

Misspelling, or glaucoma patient...?

I love gohastings but I removed myself from their list today also...I got 4 email from them today and then said unsubscribe!!!

[quote name='dinovelvet']
empty_wallet_2.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

I bought that wallet and normal sized credit cards won't fit!

With the nice nightly deals leading up to Black Friday, and the under $10 blowout sale that made the real Black Friday a joke (Amazon blew it, Best Buy had some good stuff, Newegg was ok, Walmart wasn't online) I have high expectations from Gamefly now. Though these new nightly deals are just repeats of stuff I already passed on, I may be losing hope.

[quote name='namdor_07']I love gohastings but I removed myself from their list today also...I got 4 email from them today and then said unsubscribe!!![/QUOTE]

Not to mosey off topic, but has anyone else noticed that nothing is cheap on the gohastings site anymore? I mean I just glanced a few games I might have bought and bought in the past. For example, Wolfenstien for 30$? And what happened to those % off deals they used to throw at us once a month or more.

I'm wondering... can the rest of the internet hold off on this deal until the 22nd? That way I can get my pick of the games and not worry about them selling out. Thanks guys! Appreciate it.

I think Dead Island would make my collection complete. It's a shame i have so many games i haven't even played yet.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']cheapy will make his own thread when the sale starts, but didnt know about the FS on all used games. I thank you for posting that. If catherine is still $25 used and not included in any GF or Best buy deal then I will pick it up.[/QUOTE]
Damn, Catherine is $25 used right now? I might buy that today. Free shipping would be nice two weeks from now, but I haven't seen it cheaper than that anywhere. I need that game.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Misspelling, or glaucoma patient...?[/QUOTE]

Could be both :lol: I am hoping that AC:B and Dues Ex go on sale.

I found last years end of year sale to be pretty underwhelming-- it was mostly the same few games that had already been advertised in their other sales. I recall that they had some great deals on sports game towards the end of 2011, but I can't remember if that was part of the end of year sale or not. I remember getting MLB: The Show for $15 and FIFA World Cup for $10.

Honestly though, how are they going to beat the prices they have already had? Crysis, Homefront, Portal 2, Killzone 3, and LA Noire have all already been available at great prices.

The only other games I might look for include: FIFA, NHL, NBA 2K-- otherwise there wasn't too much in 2011 that they haven't already had on sale other than the Christmas lineup of games.

Gamefly has had some good deals this year though-- still enjoying my Tiger Woods Masters game that was $15.

A cheap WWE All stars is all I'm really looking for since I missed it the first time. I think I have everything else I am interested in.

[quote name='wolfgang2399']A cheap WWE All stars is all I'm really looking for since I missed it the first time. I think I have everything else I am interested in.[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat as you but my local target has them for $15 new on clearance. I saw 2 copies. Payday is friday so as oon as I go to work, cash in my check and im going straight to the clearance section.

I can't wait. Last year I got like 11 games for under $100. Love you Gamefly!

(I'm all over Catherine, Space Marine, and Dead Island)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I was in the same boat as you but my local target has them for $15 new on clearance. I saw 2 copies. Payday is friday so as oon as I go to work, cash in my check and im going straight to the clearance section.[/QUOTE]

The clearance section at my local Target sucks big time.

A question: So if a game I'm interested in on Gamefly doesn't currently have a Buy Used option (having only a Rent option), does that mean it won't be part of the sale? I'm not exactly sure how Gamefly works, so clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-B

[quote name='Abbadon74']A question: So if a game I'm interested in on Gamefly doesn't currently have a Buy Used option (having only a Rent option), does that mean it won't be part of the sale? I'm not exactly sure how Gamefly works, so clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-B[/QUOTE]

My guess is that it won't be on sale. But I guess it's possible.

[quote name='dkcecil']I can't wait. Last year I got like 11 games for under $100. Love you Gamefly!

(I'm all over Catherine, Space Marine, and Dead Island)[/QUOTE]

Agree with all of this, including the 3 games I am most interested in picking up during the sale.

How long does shipping take for this site? I am always on the move, are they pretty reliable about sending it right away?

[quote name='Gojimaster']Gamefly has had some good deals this year though-- still enjoying my Tiger Woods Masters game that was $15.[/QUOTE]

My copy of Tiger Woods is still sitting on the shelf along with about 5 other GF nightly deals I still need to get to...

[quote name='MrDarkstorm']How long does shipping take for this site? I am always on the move, are they pretty reliable about sending it right away?[/QUOTE]

They usually ship out the next day but if you only buy 1 game, it takes much longer than if you buy 2 or more. My usual arrival time for 1 game is about a week. For 2 games or more, it's about 3 days or so.

bread's done
Back