Wed 7 & Thu 8 @ Meijer (offline only): 20% off games & PSN, Nintendo, MS point cards

MacMog

CAGiversary!
Santa Bucks have arrived again! Santa Bucks give you an instant $2 off per $10 of one item’s price, in $10 increments. That means $4 off one $20 item, $6 off $30, etc., immediately—no messing around with gift cards or coupons for future visits. You can use them on any general merchandise, which includes video games and controllers but more importantly PSN, Nintendo, and Microsoft points cards. (I do not know if iTunes cards count as general merchandise and thus work with these coupons—if you try it, please report with your results.) I don’t know of a better (or any other) discount on PSN and Nintendo points cards. Paying $16 for $20 worth of download credit, or $40 for $50, makes me happy. (Meijer does charge tax on Nintendo points cards, but not on PSN and Microsoft points cards.) On top of that, they don’t restrict you to one coupon per trip, meaning download fans like me can stock up.

I always buy my cards from the electronics cashiers. Note that cashier reactions vary. Some don’t expect the coupons to work on the cards; I ask them to try anyway and they’ve worked every promo thus far. Some will make you tear out the coupons, one per card if buying multiple, but most stores have stacks of the ad near the entrance, so it only costs you a little walking. Usually they just take a copy of the ad and scan the coupon code for each card, ringing them up on the same receipt without any complaint. I have bought several cards per trip during four or five of these promos and have never had a problem.

They have a flat 20% coupon deal coming up Saturday. This marks the second Santa Bucks promo of the season; last year they ran three, so you might get another shot. Beyond that I don’t have any advance knowledge of future sales, so don’t wait if you want in on the deal.

You can save yourself the trouble of trying to explain it to the cashier, and just sign up for mPerks as well. It's tied to your phone number, and it's all done automatically at checkout when you type in your information.

mperks.meijer.com

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']You can save yourself the trouble of trying to explain it to the cashier, and just sign up for mPerks as well. It's tied to your phone number, and it's all done automatically at checkout when you type in your information.

mperks.meijer.com[/QUOTE]

This, great service too. They'll randomly give you a free $5 that can be used on anything pretty much with no minimum value required.

Thanks timberwolfbobby for the MPerks tip, jumpiestranger2 for the self-checkout idea (does the checkout system walk you through activating the cards?), and thedream77 for the iTunes confirmation. I’ll add this info to my post next time they run the promo.

Wish they existed out here. There's rarely discounts on PSN cards. :(

I know TRU had 10% off a few weeks ago but that's not enough to warrant a purchase when I have ~$80 in my PSN wallet still. But that doesn't mean I don't want to stock back up to the $150 cap.

[quote name='MacMog']Thanks timberwolfbobby for the MPerks tip, jumpiestranger2 for the self-checkout idea (does the checkout system walk you through activating the cards?), and thedream77 for the iTunes confirmation. I’ll add this info to my post next time they run the promo.[/QUOTE]

If you're doing self check out, the register activates the XBL cards for you automatically. You just have to scan it and pay for it.

Does meijers have alot of xbox/psn in stock usually? I am about to go clean my local store out.

[quote name='MacMog']Thanks timberwolfbobby for the MPerks tip, jumpiestranger2 for the self-checkout idea (does the checkout system walk you through activating the cards?), and thedream77 for the iTunes confirmation. I’ll add this info to my post next time they run the promo.[/QUOTE]

I only get the the PSN cards which activate with a the bar code on the back, the checkout people still have to do something on there screen but have never had a issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed a PSN $50 card and a 4000 MS Points card today at the store in Livonia, MI. I used the self checkout, and the cashier had to approve the coupon. She made sure that the right coupon scanned (the first time, it read the $4 coupon instead of $10. She wanted to make sure I didn't "cheat myself."

Anyone have any idea what the best discount has been for either PSN or MS Points cards?

It's "back".

For today (12/10) only, there are in-store coupons for 20% off general merchandise and 10% off for certain specified items (photo, music, movies, electronics and video game hardware/software). This applies for items over 14.97. These will stack on sale prices.

Didn't have any issues getting XBL and 3DS points cards for 20% off. Self checkout and associate approved the coupons. She didn't think it would work on "gift cards", but it worked fine. I also explained that these were "point" cards.

Coupons can be found at the entrances.

bread's done
Back