XBLA: Forza Motorsport 4 cars DLC FREE

astr0boy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
If this is the single car DLCs they are always free. They are samples of the full packs you can buy for stupid amounts of money. I'm either going to wait till all the packs go on sale or snag the Platinum Hits edition to get them. I have the CE still sitting sealed in my backlog since I never finished Forza 3. Do they actually send out the "VIP" cars? I never got any from them for Forza 3 and they ignored my emails. :(

The Facebook givaway car may be unique so I'll give them a like for it.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']If this is the single car DLCs they are always free. They are samples of the full packs you can buy for stupid amounts of money.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I didnt know that. I was browsing the marketplace and it seems as if single car DLCs are still sold by the car:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...8024d530910?downloadType=GameAddon&noSplash=1

Though, I dont really every know why anyone wouldn't just pay for the whole pack in the first place. (160 per car vs 400 for the whole pack). As for the "VIP" cars, are they VIP only in their livery?

here's the pic of the Nissan if you were curious...

suuio8.jpg

The packs are 560 now. There is always one free car per pack. Actually, it's the whole pack you're downloading, not just the single car. This allows you to see the cars in game when others are driving them.

[quote name='astr0boy']First "deal" post. Didnt see this posted up. If its a repost, please delete accordingly.

On XBLA, a free 2011 Mazda RX8 R3
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/2011-Mazda-RX-8-R3/c4e1f11f-0b84-4fbd-be14-2bdf2b28ffba

On Facebook, a free Nissan 370Z
https://www.facebook.com/xbox?sk=app_163917580370763

To the whiners who will claim this should be in the "free" forum. I ask you: isn't getting something for free a deal?

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Sweet thank you! I never ever check the free forum, so thank you for posting this as it IS a deal! :)

that being said, anytime a paid dlc/arcade title is listed as free it should be posted on the forum.

[quote name='RavenHawk']Yes, on IE.
I couldn't even get it to load on Firefox.[/QUOTE]

I'm using Chrome and getting it. Argh...

[quote name='sp00ge']I'm using Chrome and getting it. Argh...[/QUOTE]

I was getting it on IE and Firefox, but after 4-5 attempts it finally went through. It's like MS doesn't really want to give it away for free.

[quote name='sp00ge']I'm using Chrome and getting it. Argh...[/QUOTE]

I did finally get it to work on IE after 7-8 tries. Thanks OP, I have another car to practice my designs on!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']If this is the single car DLCs they are always free. They are samples of the full packs you can buy for stupid amounts of money. I'm either going to wait till all the packs go on sale or snag the Platinum Hits edition to get them. I have the CE still sitting sealed in my backlog since I never finished Forza 3. Do they actually send out the "VIP" cars? I never got any from them for Forza 3 and they ignored my emails. :(

The Facebook givaway car may be unique so I'll give them a like for it.[/QUOTE]

i think you may be right on the mazda car. i will eventually buy all these dlc cars either buying the season pass or ultimate edition so no need to clutter up my download history.

[quote name='frpilot']i think you may be right on the mazda car. i will eventually buy all these dlc cars either buying the season pass or ultimate edition so no need to clutter up my download history.[/QUOTE]

I had totally forgotten they did a season pass for it. Might bite on that when it goes on sale. I suspect they will release more DLC beyond what's in the pass though. They seemed to release DLC for Forza 3 for a loong time after the game came out.

Does anybody know how to access the Z from the Facebook promotion? I liked the page and submitted my gamertag like it asked me to. It said I would have to play the game to get the car. Now I'm in the game and it's not for sale or in my garage.

[quote name='jsivley']Does anybody know how to access the Z from the Facebook promotion? I liked the page and submitted my gamertag like it asked me to. It said I would have to play the game to get the car. Now I'm in the game and it's not for sale or in my garage.[/QUOTE]

this

[quote name='jsivley']Does anybody know how to access the Z from the Facebook promotion? I liked the page and submitted my gamertag like it asked me to. It said I would have to play the game to get the car. Now I'm in the game and it's not for sale or in my garage.[/QUOTE]

It says on the FB page:

Car will be sent in-game during the week of 1/2/12. Limit 1 per gamertag.

[quote name='sp00ge']It says on the FB page:[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was looking for something like that but didn't see it. That's what I get for browsing the Internet on my phone

[quote name='astr0boy']Speaking of which, do we have a CAG car club on Forza? If not I'd love to make one.[/QUOTE]

Do it! And then work on a team graphic!

There is a free sample car for every monthly DLC pack, the 100+ MB download is all the cars in the pack.

November free sample car was the Golf R.

December free sample car is the RX8.

Free sample cars were done in Forza 3 as well.

[quote name='husyk']There is a free sample car for every monthly DLC pack, the 100+ MB download is all the cars in the pack.

November free sample car was the Golf R.

December free sample car is the RX8.

Free sample cars were done in Forza 3 as well.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the free November car was the Scirocco, not the Golf.

Thanks OP!

Turn 10 hasn't gave out any free cars yet for being VIP unlike Forza 3. They were giving out alot of cars last year.

[quote name='jr1016']Thanks OP!

Turn 10 hasn't gave out any free cars yet for being VIP unlike Forza 3. They were giving out alot of cars last year.[/QUOTE]

I just got a 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C for being a VIP its nice plus Shelby has a event list.

bread's done
Back