* * * * * 3 votes

Naughty Dog's The Last of Us - Left Behind Single Player DLC Out Now!

#481 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17190 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

I would love to know more about Ish. If you read the pages found he also has a crazy ass story of his own.

#482 Jesta007  

Jesta007

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

New to the site (And loving it!) but I just wanted to pop in and say this has to be top 5 games i've ever experienced.  The visuals are great, the gameplay is solid and the story keeps getting better.  Gonna be a sad day when I finish! I just passed the lakeside resort.

#483 RichMeisterMan   Umbrella Executive CAGiversary!   1024 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

RichMeisterMan

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

Beat the game last night, and I have to say that by the end I was pretty much emotionally drained.

I played from Winter all the way until the end of the game. The story arch that took place during winter with...

Spoiler

Once I beat the winter portion I assumed I was about done so just kept driving right along. I found the spring portion especially easy up until you encouter the fire flies. The lack of runners meant you just had to walk slowly and avoid the bloaters. However,

Spoiler

#484 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22576 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

Speaking of the ending,

Spoiler

#485 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11182 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Speaking of the ending,

Spoiler

AFAIK the only "choice" you have at the end is

Spoiler

#486 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14179 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

Nah, only thing I heard about was an alternate ending that was cut.  The ending you see is the only one.

#487 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22576 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

I see. I hope they release it... like how movies often release deleted scenes/alternate endings.

#488 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6421 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:23 PM

I just started this game over the weekend and it is amazing! It started out really slow but it picked up quite well after you start getting upgrades. Ellie voice actress does an amazing job, especially when she drop the f-bombs. :lol:

#489 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12144 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

I'm really enjoying this game so far. It's the first game in quite awhile that I feel as if I'm not plowing through. I don't mind looking at every nook and cranny to find more items which is rare for me. I know some people aren't too keen on the gameplay but I think it's the perfect balance for this type of game otherwise the tension would be lost. I'm finding it pretty satisfying when I stealthy avoid an entire group of enemies. I've busted out my Sony Wirless Stereo Headset for this and the experience overall has been great. I'm only up to

Spoiler
but I'm really wishing I had more time to play this. So awesome. 

#490 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11182 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

I just started this game over the weekend and it is amazing! It started out really slow but it picked up quite well after you start getting upgrades. Ellie voice actress does an amazing job, especially when she drop the f-bombs. :lol:

My favorite was every time you made a particularly gruesome kill and Ellie would look at the corpse and go "Oh shit Joel!"

#491 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22576 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

So... I started my survival playthrough. I thought I was going to put this away but I simply cannot. The prologue still sent shivers down my spine.

I also noticed something really interesting in the prologue though.

Spoiler

#492 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10641 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

Anyone play the mplayer yet? I enjoyed the single player a lot 

#493 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:11 AM

i got all the mp trophies. i love it. basically uncharted 2 mixed with socom.

#494 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3300 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:12 AM

It's awesome and my new go to game for MP. I was not expecting much since ND didn't really show it off until really late. I thought that maybe because it sucked and thats why they weren't showing it off haha but its just as great as the campaign IMO. It works best when you play with a team that sticks together or if you have a few buds to team up with.

#495 WalkinPneumonia   Professional Cheap @$$ CAGiversary!   774 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

WalkinPneumonia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

Finished it last night.  I found the game play frustrating, but the story really engaging. 

#496 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10667 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:27 PM

So VGChartz has week 1 worldwide sales at 1,166,632. This is pretty close to Uncharted 3 week 1 numbers (1,359,289) and better than Uncharted 2 (876,089). The real question is how does the M rating and other mature topics of this game influence sales. Will it have the same legs as the Uncharted series?  Time will tell I guess but I am glad it is off to a great start.

#497 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22576 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

Fucking hell, survival mode is insane. I reached the downtown part of chapter 3

Spoiler
and I haven't used anything but only have 4 bullets, 2 shivs, 1 med kit, and enough supplies to make 2 more shivs. Hell, the only melee weapon I found/seen is one 2x4 and that was an enemy drop.

I can't imagine how you're supposed to beat some of the later parts on this difficulty.

#498 highoffcoffee496   I gotta believe! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

highoffcoffee496

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

Naughty Dog just posted this on their FB page:

"Interested in the what Entomologist Dr. David Hughes might have to say about the science behind The Last of Us? Check out this video:"

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZgtFoneAWD8

The Professor is from my university, which I found pretty neat! :D

#499 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14179 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:38 AM

Fucking hell, survival mode is insane. I reached the downtown part of chapter 3

Spoiler
and I haven't used anything but only have 4 bullets, 2 shivs, 1 med kit, and enough supplies to make 2 more shivs. Hell, the only melee weapon I found/seen is one 2x4 and that was an enemy drop.

I can't imagine how you're supposed to beat some of the later parts on this difficulty.

The worst part is if you want to get all the shiv doors, you can't use them for anything else.  I finished the game with one shiv after opening all 13 doors and you will never loot one anywhere.  Honestly, the mode is only as hard as the wonky stealth system makes it.  At times I'd just start letting bullets fly and would come away with MORE ammo than when I started.  The game tricks you into thinking supplies are limited when in reality they will shower you with bullets when you're almost out.  It's more about surviving a horde of enemies than anything else.  Also, just use the bow when in doubt.

#500 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10641 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

If anyone wants to play mplayer just add me! 

#501 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22576 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:34 AM

The worst part is if you want to get all the shiv doors, you can't use them for anything else.  I finished the game with one shiv after opening all 13 doors and you will never loot one anywhere.  Honestly, the mode is only as hard as the wonky stealth system makes it.  At times I'd just start letting bullets fly and would come away with MORE ammo than when I started.  The game tricks you into thinking supplies are limited when in reality they will shower you with bullets when you're almost out.  It's more about surviving a horde of enemies than anything else.  Also, just use the bow when in doubt.

I'm actually doing much better with stealth this time. During my normal playthrough, I did notice enemies drop bullets when you need it (especially during the Winter parts) but I figured that that won't happen in survival since they're so stingy with ammo.

And shivs are about the only thing I do find. I just found my third shiv and have thus far, used one... on a shiv door. The shiv door was useless though since it only gave me 5 pills and 25 widgets.:-/

#502 FrankySox   KB24 MAMBA CAGiversary!   3024 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:09 AM

If anyone wants to play mplayer just add me! 

PSN name same as CAG?  Sorry if I missed it somewhere...long day.  Definitely looking for some people for MP though.  KobeLake24

I do have a mic as well.

#503 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10641 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:08 AM

PSN name same as CAG?  Sorry if I missed it somewhere...long day.  Definitely looking for some people for MP though.  KobeLake24

I do have a mic as well.

Yep I have a mic, and yes same as CAG. 

#504 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

And shivs are about the only thing I do find. I just found my third shiv and have thus far, used one... on a shiv door. The shiv door was useless though since it only gave me 5 pills and 25 widgets.:-/

Don't expect to get a lot of supplies from those shiv doors during a survival run. I think a few of the doors actually gave me one or two things besides the pills and weapon parts. I still opened them regardless since I needed to max out my weapons and Joel's skills at the time.

#505 The Furry Panda   Bravest Warrior CAGiversary!   1833 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Furry Panda

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

I just finished...im questioning myself

#506 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22576 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

Don't expect to get a lot of supplies from those shiv doors during a survival run. I think a few of the doors actually gave me one or two things besides the pills and weapon parts. I still opened them regardless since I needed to max out my weapons and Joel's skills at the time.

Speaking of which, am I right to think then that you can't get the trophy for fully upgrading Joel in the survival/survival+ run since the listening thing doesn't exist here?

#507 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

has anyone had trophies glitch on them since they downloaded patch 1.01.

id rather not start the SP until it gets patched. since i only have MP, i dont wanna lose my stats if i delete the game data.

#508 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22576 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

has anyone had trophies glitch on them since they downloaded patch 1.01.

id rather not start the SP until it gets patched. since i only have MP, i dont wanna lose my stats if i delete the game data.

Apparently, it's safest to play offline without patch 1.01. You can delete patch 1.01 from game data folder (don't delete anything from the PS3 save folder, those are your saves). It should be marked as something like "Last of Us 1.01". I've been playing without the patch and the only difference I noticed was slightly more pop ins and artifacts.

#509 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12144 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

This is probably a dumb question but, I got the skill shiv sharpening...how do you actual sharpen a shiv?

#510 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14179 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

Speaking of which, am I right to think then that you can't get the trophy for fully upgrading Joel in the survival/survival+ run since the listening thing doesn't exist here?

That's actually a really good question lol.  I never thought about that, but would be a huge oversight on ND's part if they force you to upgrade that in another save.