* * * * * 3 votes

Naughty Dog's The Last of Us - Left Behind Single Player DLC Out Now!

#31 Blackjack13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Blackjack13

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:54 AM

Eh...still not interested even if it is from Naughty Dog. Tt is still looking to be a zombie survival like game and we have had plenty of those lately.

#32 DarkNessBear   CABear CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

DarkNessBear

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:12 AM

It was CG, or at least like how Uncharted 2's cutscenes looked. It looks interesting, and since it's Uncharted 2's director (I.E. someone who's competent) there's a bit of interest there.

The ingame models (as of now) aren't technically that detailed as in the up close cinematic portions, but they are loads more detailed than the Uncharted 3 ingame character models. The cinematic gap is less apparent in Last of Us than U3.

Also, its not coming out 2012... they have a long ways.

#33 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22576 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:49 AM

I was impressed by the whole thing until the disfigured zombie/monster thing. The trailer had the whole 28 Days vibe going for it until then. It would have been nice to see a game with more humanized zombies for once. But this is ND and if Amy Hennig is involved, it'll like be a damn awesome game.

The ingame models (as of now) aren't technically that detailed as in the up close cinematic portions, but they are loads more detailed than the Uncharted 3 ingame character models. The cinematic gap is less apparent in Last of Us than U3.

Also, its not coming out 2012... they have a long ways.

Even if it was "captured" a la the Uncharted series, it was still pretty amazing. I mean, the real in game graphics won't look as nice sure, but they'll probably be at least 90% as nice.

So... I guess we won't be seeing any more Uncharted games made by ND?:-(

#34 DarkNessBear   CABear CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

DarkNessBear

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:07 AM

Even if it was "captured" a la the Uncharted series, it was still pretty amazing. I mean, the real in game graphics won't look as nice sure, but they'll probably be at least 90% as nice.

So... I guess we won't be seeing any more Uncharted games made by ND?:-(

Two teams!

And they just started forming this one...

#35 JMEPO   Drakes Deception CAGiversary!   1718 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

This is gonna be awesome. I have a feeling just from watching the trailer that this is going to play a lot like Uncharted.

#36 Kyle Kross   yohohohoho CAGiversary!   1568 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Kyle Kross

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:42 PM

Hopefully this games story makes up for the crap that was Uncharted 3's.

#37 ChibiJosh   ChE CAG CAGiversary!   3863 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

Ellen Page makes her PS3 debut!

Exactly what I thought when I first saw the trailer.

#38 ShadowSx   Why so serious? CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

Same here lol..

#39 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14179 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

Two teams!

GDI, here I was just about to praise them for not milking Uncharted. I was satisfied with a trilogy and happy to see them move on to a new IP. Guess I was mistaken. :\

#40 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14072 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

Interested, but, I surely hope it's not rushed like U3 was...

#41 lokizz   Go $$$$ Yourself CAGiversary!   10104 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

what he said but theyve got their work cut out for them even with all its problems dead island set the standard for zombie games to aspire to imo. that was the first time in ages id ever really been scared or tense playing a game and the game had a sense of freedom you dont get in zombie games.....ever.

since its a nd game it makes you dont with itll be a paste and cut of the uncharted bits and pieces with zombies added in. being able to shoot and run is a plus and the aim mechanics would allow for headshots and such. and being able to climb onto things to get out of reach of hordes of "zombies" is good too.

what what we all know about uncharted the real question is what will they add to make their game stand out? if they go the 28 days , 28 weeks route ( with fast moving "zombies") then that would fit better with an uncharted style.

#42 Feeding the Abscess   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3251 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Feeding the Abscess

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

The general internet reaction before knowing it was Naughty Dog: "Another dumbass zombie/infected game."

And after: "Whelp, there goes $60."

lol

#43 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22576 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

Two teams!

Huzzah!

I don't think Uncharted 3 was rushed... I just think they got a little overboard with everything they wanted to do. And whoever did the coding for the aiming was drunk all the time.

#44 Wrencrest   Fuck Pharmacrest. What an asshole. CAGiversary!   18984 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

I am in since I loved every game ND has made other than the spin off Jak games. And I still love zombie games done right.

#45 Serpentor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5163 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:53 AM

Saw the trailer, like it! Oh man, Uncharted + Resident Evil :)

#46 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14072 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:56 AM

Huzzah!

I don't think Uncharted 3 was rushed... I just think they got a little overboard with everything they wanted to do. And whoever did the coding for the aiming was drunk all the time.

I honestly think they set a date, and, they should've delayed. Not just the aiming patch...but, there are plenty of issues with the MP. Even after two betas? Really?

That, and a few missing features; motion-blur and the cutscene player that were missing originally that also had to be patched in.

And, rewards/medals not included in the SP? All of that just screams "rushed" to me. I guess maybe not...but I dunno.

#47 lokizz   Go $$$$ Yourself CAGiversary!   10104 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:53 AM

I honestly think they set a date, and, they should've delayed. Not just the aiming patch...but, there are plenty of issues with the MP. Even after two betas? Really?

That, and a few missing features; motion-blur and the cutscene player that were missing originally that also had to be patched in.

And, rewards/medals not included in the SP? All of that just screams "rushed" to me. I guess maybe not...but I dunno.

i dont think the game was as much rushed as it was maybe changed drastically before release. the difference in the way the games mp played is pretty big when you compare the first beta to the second.

at some pint nd decided they wanted the game to be more like other mp games out there and less like what its been.

#48 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3300 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:58 AM

No multiplayer, also this will be Nd's first M rated game (no surprise there).

http://www.gamersmin...t-m-rated-title

#49 DarkNessBear   CABear CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

DarkNessBear

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:01 AM

No multiplayer, also this will be Nd's first M rated game (no surprise there).

http://www.gamersmin...t-m-rated-title

Yea, it'll probably be M. But its not certain yet, the grade usually comes very late in the games development cycle.

#50 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:04 AM

so tired of people calling them zombies already

#51 camoor   Jams on foot fires CAGiversary!   15226 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:51 AM

Ahhh another game being marketed as a realistic zombie romp.

In before next trailer reveals the C4-tipped machetes and giant enemy crabs.

#52 DarkNessBear   CABear CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

DarkNessBear

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:20 AM

Yay... camoor is here...

He doesn't like it!? Who would have thought!

#53 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11182 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:31 PM

Looks like Enslaved + L4D + uncanny resemblance to Ellen Page :lol: ... I'm in.

#54 camoor   Jams on foot fires CAGiversary!   15226 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:39 PM

Yay... camoor is here...

He doesn't like it!? Who would have thought!

I'm just saying - after a visionary game like Enslaved this feels like a step backward. I'll still play it...

#55 elessar123  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

I'm just saying - after a visionary game like Enslaved this feels like a step backward. I'll still play it...

Enslaved? Really?

#56 FellOpenIan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1246 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

FellOpenIan

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

Enslaved played itself a bit too much for my tastes.

#57 camoor   Jams on foot fires CAGiversary!   15226 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

Enslaved? Really?

yup

I'm just saying that I didn't see anything unique in the trailer, which is kinda a shame seeing as how much I enjoyed it more when they had a creative soul (Crash, Jak, etc)

Zombies may have been done to death (natch) but if I was a betting man I'd venture that this game will feature accessable playtested gameplay and georgeous visuals.

But come on - does anyone here feel like they are going to be breaking new ground?

#58 snowsquirrel   solid squirrel CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

snowsquirrel

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:49 PM

Woot! for Halifax!

Saying UC3 was crap, is BS. I am just playing through now. There are tons of annoyances, that maybe make it feel rushed. (Finding the little dipper comes to mind, took me 10 minutes because I didn't know you had to stand on star-circle.) But the graphics, musical score, dialogue are all still excellent. Maybe a little repitive, but over all it is really a victim of how good UC2 two was. Maybe a legit complaint is "there are some problems and annoyances with UC3, which really stand out because it is a triple A title".

Anyway, I hate zombie and horror games, but this look excellent. First think I thought of was that Cormac McCarthy book, The Road. Because I don't buy zombie games usually, this will feel new to me.

#59 camoor   Jams on foot fires CAGiversary!   15226 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

Trailer sort of reminds me of I am Legend. Made by Naughty Dog so I'm guessing it'll be pretty good.

Yeah, the movie. Definately.

#60 JG5253   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   473 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

Naughty Dog survival game? I'm in. I can't wait to see and hear more about it