Naughty Dog's The Last of Us - Left Behind Single Player DLC Out Now!

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
8x5swk.jpg

The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind. Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

http://youtu.be/ShP5xn9Tz90

http://youtu.be/kbLOokeC3VU

​

Last edited by a moderator:
The trailer is interesting but what kind of game is it. I can't find anything on this game

[quote name='Vinny']Announced at the VGAs? I'm already not interested.[/QUOTE]

So was Skyrim, Arkham City, Resistance 3 and I think Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3. A lot of big stuff is announced during it...

The hype for this game certainly has me excited. If rumors are true it's been in development for a good five years. On one hand that could mean that Sony has been quietly developing a AAA title for half a decade and managed to keep it secret the whole time, which is both surprising and cool in this day and age. It could also mean that it's had a troubled development and might be another "I am alive"

I'm definitely curious to see how it plays. If we're hedging bets here, I'm thinking something very Omega Man-ish: fungus turns people into mindless raving enemies, large emphasis on shooting with a small emphasis on survival resources.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']So was Skyrim, Arkham City, Resistance 3 and I think Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3. A lot of big stuff is announced during it...[/QUOTE]

Exactly, the VGAs might be incredibly stupid (or so I hear, TBH I've never watched one), but I don't think that's a good reason to discount the game news that comes from it. Since it gets a good amount of viewers it seems to be turning into a prime game announcing venue.

Apparently this game might have some ties to ND's Uncharted universe. Very interesting indeed.
I don't think it's quite that apparent. It could just be a reference. Whatever the case I hope it'll answer my question of "who is the bartender with the scar on his eye in the "Michael" commercial?"

its either a post massive disaster survival dealy or its got aliens in it. be kinda weird if it was about the total collapse of govt and organized society. my main wish though is its about zombies focused more on survival .

[quote name='Gamer4life88']After thinking it over some it probably was just an Easter Egg. Just to build up some excitement. Pretty cool though.[/QUOTE]

:wall:

[quote name='DarkNessBear']:wall:[/QUOTE]

Just saying what i'm thinking even if it's dumb haha. If it is a zombie game I'm hoping its not just some FP shoot em up though. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

[quote name='8bitArtist']darkness stop being coy and just say whatever it is you know or dont even bother posting until its revealed.[/QUOTE]

Ah sorry, I don't know anything. Sorry if it came off that way

[quote name='DarkNessBear']So was Skyrim, Arkham City, Resistance 3 and I think Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3. A lot of big stuff is announced during it...[/QUOTE]

I'm interested as of seeing the announcement.. I never said I wouldn't be interested later on.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214356p1.html[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Made by Naughty Dog[/QUOTE]

Ok, now I'm interested and it's already a GotY contender for 2012 or whenever it's coming out.:lol:

http://www.lastofus.com/wallpapers/TLOU_image_2.jpg < Looking for the trailer (doesn't look like it's up yet), I just realized that's an actual graphics engine rendered image from the official website... not a photo. Not sure if that's CG or in game graphics but if it is in game... :drool:

Going by whats said in the trailer seems like it will take place some time after the initial outbreak. Kinda bummed, I was hoping it would be a new take on zombies.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Trailer sort of reminds me of I am Legend.[/QUOTE]
When it first started with the kid, I said aloud: "Oh good, Left 4 Dead: The Wonder Years". Then when it showed the city I thought "I am Nolan North", so I made the same connection ha.

I have a firm policy of avoiding zombie games but if anyone can break my resistance, it is Naughty Dog. But it depends on how the game works.

"Captured from a PS3" seems like tricky wording to me... kinda avoids the question of "is it in-game or cg?"

It's mostly what I expected, the enemies seem to be pretty intense though.... looks like that fungus doesn't just affect you on the inside. Pretty surprising that it's from Naughty Dog and that they expanded to a second studio.

It was CG, or at least like how Uncharted 2's cutscenes looked. It looks interesting, and since it's Uncharted 2's director (I.E. someone who's competent) there's a bit of interest there.

when i saw the girl run by it reminded me how i wanted to play as young nate more in UC3, then i found out it was by Naughty Dog so i guess that feeling makes sense somewhat

[quote name='Necrozilla']The teaser should've just shown the Naughty Dog logo to begin with.[/QUOTE]

The general internet reaction before knowing it was Naughty Dog: "Another dumbass zombie/infected game."

And after: "Whelp, there goes $60."

Eh...still not interested even if it is from Naughty Dog. Tt is still looking to be a zombie survival like game and we have had plenty of those lately.

[quote name='KingBroly']It was CG, or at least like how Uncharted 2's cutscenes looked. It looks interesting, and since it's Uncharted 2's director (I.E. someone who's competent) there's a bit of interest there.[/QUOTE]
The ingame models (as of now) aren't technically that detailed as in the up close cinematic portions, but they are loads more detailed than the Uncharted 3 ingame character models. The cinematic gap is less apparent in Last of Us than U3.

Also, its not coming out 2012... they have a long ways.

I was impressed by the whole thing until the disfigured zombie/monster thing. The trailer had the whole 28 Days vibe going for it until then. It would have been nice to see a game with more humanized zombies for once. But this is ND and if Amy Hennig is involved, it'll like be a damn awesome game.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']The ingame models (as of now) aren't technically that detailed as in the up close cinematic portions, but they are loads more detailed than the Uncharted 3 ingame character models. The cinematic gap is less apparent in Last of Us than U3.

Also, its not coming out 2012... they have a long ways.[/QUOTE]

Even if it was "captured" a la the Uncharted series, it was still pretty amazing. I mean, the real in game graphics won't look as nice sure, but they'll probably be at least 90% as nice.

So... I guess we won't be seeing any more Uncharted games made by ND?:whistle2:(

[quote name='Vinny']
Even if it was "captured" a la the Uncharted series, it was still pretty amazing. I mean, the real in game graphics won't look as nice sure, but they'll probably be at least 90% as nice.

So... I guess we won't be seeing any more Uncharted games made by ND?:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Two teams!

And they just started forming this one...

This is gonna be awesome. I have a feeling just from watching the trailer that this is going to play a lot like Uncharted.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Two teams!

And they just started forming this one...[/QUOTE]
GDI, here I was just about to praise them for not milking Uncharted. I was satisfied with a trilogy and happy to see them move on to a new IP. Guess I was mistaken. :\

[quote name='Rig']Interested, but, I surely hope it's not rushed like U3 was...[/QUOTE]

what he said but theyve got their work cut out for them even with all its problems dead island set the standard for zombie games to aspire to imo. that was the first time in ages id ever really been scared or tense playing a game and the game had a sense of freedom you dont get in zombie games.....ever.

since its a nd game it makes you dont with itll be a paste and cut of the uncharted bits and pieces with zombies added in. being able to shoot and run is a plus and the aim mechanics would allow for headshots and such. and being able to climb onto things to get out of reach of hordes of "zombies" is good too.

what what we all know about uncharted the real question is what will they add to make their game stand out? if they go the 28 days , 28 weeks route ( with fast moving "zombies") then that would fit better with an uncharted style.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']The general internet reaction before knowing it was Naughty Dog: "Another dumbass zombie/infected game."

And after: "Whelp, there goes $60."[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Two teams!

And they just started forming this one...[/QUOTE]

Huzzah!

[quote name='Rig']Interested, but, I surely hope it's not rushed like U3 was...[/QUOTE]

I don't think Uncharted 3 was rushed... I just think they got a little overboard with everything they wanted to do. And whoever did the coding for the aiming was drunk all the time.

bread's done
Back