Pushmo creations

nickerous

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Bought the Pushmo game tonight and started playing around with the creation studio. Here's my first Pushmo!

HNI_0040_JPG.jpg

EDIT: Changed it up a bit and got more into the picture. Also progressed further in pushmo and was able to add manholes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. I was just thinking about how it would be a good idea to start a thread like this and here it is. I don't have anything of my own to contribute, but here are some made by others. I think you need to finish the 1st level of the 7th section before you can download most of them.

These ones stood out the most for me.

1321442290.JPG

1321445328.JPG

vW59v.jpg

2QKm7.jpg

Here is a giant pic with a bunch of different Nintendo characters.
1323381168041.jpg

Megaman characters:
1321448337.jpg

Thread with others: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454838

Those creations look fantastic.

I played the game a ton yesterday and am at the start of the third set of puzzles. I want to hurry up and get to the 7th stage so I can start downloading other creations. I have a few ideas up my sleeve that I'd like to try as well.

[quote name='Javery']This stuff looks way cool. Is this the killer app for the 3DS???[/QUOTE]

It seems particularly suited to the 3DS. It seems stupid, but the push & pull to the puzzles is really aided by the extra depth.

I think streetpass could've been cool, but the QR codes seem like enough for a $7 game.

Bought. Tutorial was really obnoxious since the controls are so simple, but after that it's a lot of fun. Made it through the first round of puzzles, only got really stumped on one of them. Reminding me of Picross in it's hidden depth - starts off so simple but you know it's going to get ridiculous.

[quote name='johnnypark']Bought. Tutorial was really obnoxious since the controls are so simple, but after that it's a lot of fun. Made it through the first round of puzzles, only got really stumped on one of them. Reminding me of Picross in it's hidden depth - starts off so simple but you know it's going to get ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought of Picross too, with a dash of ilomilo.

Love it to pieces.

Holy CRAP! I knew the art style would lend itself well to Pixel characters, but... wow, just wow. I tip my hat to whoever made those.

Will be getting this ASAP! (makes it easy too, since E-Shop never has sales)

I'm going to maybe do a blog about this, bc its a 3DS issue, but the 3D doesn't work for me. My left eye is considerably weaker than my right and they don't work in perfect harmony. Rather, my left eye functions almost exclusively for peripheral vision. I thought it was a matter if calibrating the system but after Zelda, Mario, Star Fox, and now Pushmo, I'm accepting that my eyes just don't work correctly for the 3D effect. It sucks.

Hasn't stopped me from enjoying this game, but Mario 3D Land definitely is harder without the added sense of depth.

Finally DL'ing this when I get to my parent's house tonight (gotta have something to mess around with during the visit :D ) Soooo pumped.

Haven't picked this one up yet, but am posting in the thread so I remember to look at all of those creations when I do!

I've gotten to level 165 and I still can't stop playing. This is one hell of a great game. I dare say that if this were a full price release I'd still buy :D I have bought a ton of iOS apps, indie bundles, and eShop games over the last year but this is by far my favorite. Maybe I'm singing its praises too high but my Activity Log tells me that I've spent over 18 hours having lots of fun. $6.99 is more than your average iOS app but given how long I've played it's a F'n bargain. Highly recommended.

I remember when I bought Polarium around the time the DS was released. This game is so much more, not just compared to Polarium, but to almost all other 3DS games. I've put nearly 21 hours in so far. I can't believe it was only $7, not that I'm complaining. It's just some games are going for $40, but aren't even in the same league as Pushmo.

Anyways, anyone get to the bonus levels? The huge spike in difficultly was unexpected.

Also, I think I may have found the biggest collection of puzzles yet. The Japanese community was working hard before we got this game.

http://hikuosu.tenkai.ws/joyful/joyful.cgi

The above link may be weird to navigate, so these links below may help. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure how the website works. I thought it would be similar to this forum, but I just know I found different links to more Pushmo. I think there are several hundred of them.

http://hikuosu.tenkai.ws/joyful/joyful.cgi?mode=new_html&no=5
http://hikuosu.tenkai.ws/joyful/joyful.cgi?mode=new_html&no=131
http://hikuosu.tenkai.ws/joyful/joyful.cgi?mode=new_html&no=9
http://hikuosu.tenkai.ws/joyful/joyful.cgi?mode=new_html&no=7
http://hikuosu.tenkai.ws/joyful/joyful.cgi?mode=new_html&no=304

There are a lot of notable ones here. I'll link to them as I go through them.
227.jpg

I love the ones like that SMB recreation, where they're puzzles and platforming stages. I've played a couple others like that. Brilliant.

Just heard about this game last night. Thanks for all the posts. I will figure out how to add them at lunch today. I downloaded it and then went to bed.

[quote name='BREVITY']Just heard about this game last night. Thanks for all the posts. I will figure out how to add them at lunch today. I downloaded it and then went to bed.[/QUOTE]

just an FYI you need to play the built in maps for a decent amount before you can scan the QR codes. Even then, you need to play even more to scan most of them, as they are more "complex" and require a couple abilities you get ~ batch 4 or 5 of the puzzles.

I tried to jump the gun and scan em in right away, didn't work, lol.

[quote name='Zmonkay']just an FYI you need to play the built in maps for a decent amount before you can scan the QR codes. Even then, you need to play even more to scan most of them, as they are more "complex" and require a couple abilities you get ~ batch 4 or 5 of the puzzles.

I tried to jump the gun and scan em in right away, didn't work, lol.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this post. Finally got a chance to play it today and couldnt scan in codes. Then came here and found this post. TNX!

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Bears repeating[/QUOTE]

I went back to my post searching for where I said that. And then I figured it out. Thank you!

So I've been having a ton of fun with this game and I'm looking forward to DLing some of the user-made levels. My only question is - can they all be solved? Does the game "know" if something is impossible? I'd hate to DL a ton of user-created content and waste time trying to figure out something that has no solution...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nickerous']The creator of the puzzle has to solve it in order to get a QR code, as far as I remember.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Good idea by the developers. I tried scanning some in last night and I'm not allowed yet. I'm only in World 2 in the main game though...

yeah, I'm so glad I bought it. It's not that challenging so far but it's still oddly compelling. I'm only on 2-10 or so and I hear it gets much tougher which is nice.

bread's done
Back