CAGcast #263: Offensive Magic

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]CheapyD cheats at Skyrim, Wombat theorizes on the new Xbox Dashboard, and Shipwreck has no use for clairvoyance.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]172[/podcast]
Download - 72 minutes, 48MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast: FREE AUDIBLE 2 WEEK TRIAL & AUDIOBOOK
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro: 3-2-1 Contact Theme - Outro: Razor Ramon

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

wombat-math-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to be the third to leave the comment,

Great Show, Love the Skyrim talk. Skyrim did break my game on PC.

I can't finish the Eye of Magnus (Magic School) Quest. Damn the bug.

Why don't Cheapy, Shipwreck, and Wombat discuss the playstation system updates....seems like your all a bunch of fanboys.

Do you guys like anything? About 90% of the show consists of you bitching, it's ridiculous! For years you've been complaining about the dashboard, about how it's so slow and takes you forever to find anything, microsoft release a better dashboard and it's the end of the world.

The iOS app what CheapyD has been asking for, for years he bitched about it saying Microsoft were idiots for not releasing one, they do it, and surprise, surprise, it's not good enough for you elitist bastard.

And Cheapy, you couldn't sound less enthused to be doing the show, seriously, it kinda made me want to shut it off, but Wombat's passion for the show kept me listening. Wombat, btw, I've never heard so many good ideas in one show, they were brilliant. Snow Elves for Skyrim, Giant Avatars, and Toy Story for that blind kid, great job! (not being sarcastic)

When it comes to advertising, don't ask you not just ask me to sign up just to give you money...It's offensive that you treat the listener like that. Are we just the potential to make money, or do you give two shits about your listeners. I haven't signed up for Audible yet and when I do I'll use a TWIT code preferred to yours.

I've seen Superman 1,3,4 plenty of times, but never got through 2 because they rarely showed it on TV...
I agree, these animated movies are too violent. I can take Superman being punched in the face so much. If these movies are made for children, they might end up too patronizing, and if they're for adults they're too violent. Why can't studios these days find some kind of middle ground, like they did in the 90s?

Wombat - check out Storage Wars: Texas. I don't like the people on it so much, but hey, I really only watch to see what is in the lockers.

[quote name='Porksta']Wombat - check out Storage Wars: Texas. I don't like the people on it so much, but hey, I really only watch to see what is in the lockers.[/QUOTE]

Auction Hunters is so much better! On Storage Wars, they always say what an item is worth instead of what they actually sell it for.

I love the CAGCast and Shipwreck, I know it sucks to be sick, but PLEASE stop coughing into the microphone. I almost had to turn the show off after 20 minutes.

You should watch Auction Hunters if you like Storage Wars.

American Pickers will donate occasionally ($5,000 of a a $10,000 circus banner to the original owner and a rare dinosaur bone) and it's not their job to tell them what their value is; they drive hundreds of miles to these places too.

You guys rag on American Pickers because they drive hundreds of miles all over and try to buy stuff cheap enough to resell, they do keep and collect some of it for themselves. A lot of times they have to dig through trash piles for 6 hours just to find 1 or 2 items per stop. But then you praise Pawn Stars? Pawn Stars are scum. You know they are ripping off everyone who comes in to sell their stuff for a quick buck, and some of it is staged. The show I flipped pass, a guy was trying to sell his $2,500 cival war guns and the Pawn Shop offered him $25.

Disclaimer: I dislike all these shows

Great show, you guys talked about a lot of stuff that didn't have anything to do with games but it was interesting.

P.S. More Skyrim, add 30 minutes to the podcast if you have to

[quote name='skadave']If wombat really knew steaks he would know that the Porterhouse cut contains a filet mignon.[/QUOTE]

Of course I know that, it also has the strip. It also contains a bone providing a ton of flavor. Those two added elements make it a Man's steak.

Filet alone lacks the flavor of a porterhouse filet. You should know the difference.

[quote name='Wombat']Of course I know that, it also has the strip. It also contains a bone providing a ton of flavor. Those two added elements make it a Man's steak.

Filet alone lacks the flavor of a porterhouse filet. You should know the difference.[/QUOTE]

I love Filet Mignon, always heard it was wussy steak but I don't care. I will wear my dress and keep eating it because Its the best flavor I can find in a steak and I hate dealing with bones in steaks

"HOw much of the same game (MK7) can you play over and over again?" Cheapie says as he goes back to playing NHL 20, Forza 4 in between Elder Scrolls 5 and and Saints Row 3. :D

3DS is being discounted heavily. Definitely could be a sign they aren't moving them as much as they would like.

But at the same time look at the 360 and its massive discounting during BF weekend when the Holiday Bundle or Kinect Bundles were $100 off at every major retailer. 250gb HOliday Bundles were $199.

Are they struggling to move 360s? If not then why the deep discounts?

So it could just be Nintendo being extra aggressive in jumpstarting the momentum for this thing. And maybe because in 90 days we will see the 3DS Lite as Wombat said.

IF you are NIntendo might as well go balls to the wall now in getting the 3DS off the ground. The time is now when 2 of your biggest franchises for the system have been released and when you have games completed and stockpiled for release early next year.

Get the platform out of the earth's orbit this holiday.

If that doesn't work then ...they know they have a problem. And can cut their losses sooner rather than later.

How does Wombat feel about Bone-In Filets? Do you have to wear half a dress while eating them?

Also, I went to Peter Luger on my trip to New York last year and had the porterhouse so I guess I am a man. However, I have to say that I think Peter Luger is slightly overrated. Seemed a little too touristy for my taste.

[quote name='Wombat']Of course I know that, it also has the strip. It also contains a bone providing a ton of flavor. Those two added elements make it a Man's steak.

Filet alone lacks the flavor of a porterhouse filet. You should know the difference.[/QUOTE]

Touche'. Well played sir.

I can't believe all of you hate the new 360 dash so much. I was in the beta and it has really grown on me, and my kids love the Kinect voice commands. I don't bother to dig through the dash much to get to games, I've had better luck with the Bing search than Shipwreck. Maybe he shouldn't be hacking to death when he tries to use voice search.

Great show as usual guys, and missed Wombat in the live show.

[quote name='ceekay90']Why don't Cheapy, Shipwreck, and Wombat discuss the playstation system updates....seems like your all a bunch of fanboys.[/QUOTE]Probably because nothing ever changes on the PS3 updates.

I think the new 360 UI is OK, but I look forward to hearing the guys complain about it. There are some solutions out there to all the ads.

k7Dkz.png

To me the new dashboard reminds me of the Wii's home menu. It's a bunch of squares with easy to access channels via pointing aka hand motioning on the new 360 dash. Where microsoft fucked up is in not letting the user to choose what goes in which square like the wii. That way everyone has everything they want in two or three pages. For example my ideal page would have netflix, deals of the week, game in disc, and quickplay all on one page instead of maneuvering though all the world of warcraft ads and other uselessness stuff for me.

Cheapy, I haven't set a beacon, and I've noticed that the 360 notifies me when a friend plays the game I am, so it's not something that only occurs when you set a beacon. Also, I recall that last year you had live shows on Ustream to promote your Child's Play auction, maybe you guys can do a live show on BlogTalkRadio to raise awareness.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around WoW ads on my 360. Guess someone's hard up for money.

anyhow, Zoom > Studeo See > 3-2-1 (pussy) contact

I'm in shock that you guys like Storage Wars better than American Pickers. The Pickers are so much nicer than those money-grubbing assholes on Storage Wars. Yes they look to profit from the items, but the people don't HAVE to sell their stuff, and I think the money they're offered is very fair, often times it's MORE than they initially ask for because the Pickers aren't looking to bend anyone over.

The Storage Wars douchebags (except for Barry, who's just a goofball), on the other hand, purposely bid worthless lockers up just out of spite, then they go on an ego trip naming outrageous prices for the crap they dig out of these things, none of which are guaranteed money.

Anyway, to each his own, I watch both shows, but I thank the powers that be for my DVR so I don't have to listen to those people for too long. I can probably watch an episode in about 13 minutes.

Thank you so much Cheapy for recommending the unblock-us service. I'm now watching US netflix and Hulu from Canada & my wife is looking at me like some kind of badass hacker for making it happen.

Also, Wombats joke about the Storage War people and their expert "friends" was hilarious.

Great episode guys!

Thanks for the tip on Clairvoyance. I have the spell but never used it. Sounds like it will help me with a few quests that are I think could be glitched to where I can't finish or find ones where the main marker isn't really helping me.

The new Dashboard was made to enhance Kinect navigation, at the behest of Controller navigation. It really shows, too, since everything is more clunky with a controller now.

Wombat I've got a question for Remedy. When are they going to stop blowing MS for money and make their games available for everyone, this was the company that made Max Payne. Granted you can refine the question but I'm sure you get the spirit of its intent.

hah at Cheapy trying to make jokes (Good Will Hunting). I'm not saying Cheapy isn't funny it's just that Wombat's so much better it makes Cheapy effectively not funny (by comparison) ^_^

[quote name='Dr Killotron']Thank you so much Cheapy for recommending the unblock-us service. I'm now watching US netflix and Hulu from Canada & my wife is looking at me like some kind of badass hacker for making it happen.

Also, Wombats joke about the Storage War people and their expert "friends" was hilarious.

Great episode guys![/QUOTE]
boom.. that's my question answered.

I dislike American Pickers, also, but drove over to LeClaire, where there shop is(about 30 min drive for me), just to meet the chick(she looked yummy) at an autograph session they had this summer.
And I too am reading The Hunger Games, and am really, really digging it!!! Thank You Cheapy!!!!

I recommend Mythbusters. It's fun experiments and you may learn something. Kari Byron is cute, and recently they had a cannon misfire and blew a hole in someone's house.

Shows like Hoarders, I didn't know I was pregnant, and My Strange Addiction are just disturbing and I stay away from them.

Cheapy, if you're going to rag on Shipwreck for coughing into the mic, could you turn your head when you burp please?

EDIT

Funny story. My friend owns a video game repair store here in Vegas called Gamer's Paradise (used to be called Game Repair). He was on the fourth episode of Pawn Stars. They hired him to restore a Ms. Pac-Man cocktail. On the show, the elude that they were friends or even buisness associates, but he got a phone call from the producers and he said "yes" to the show and the project.

Also, there was an episode where this guy "didn't know" what year his Les Paul was. That happened to be the same guy who repaired my 1966 Gibson Melody Maker, who also happens to be Gibson Repair Certified. Having seen that and my friend on the show, I've concluded 90% of the show is probably staged BS.

bread's done
Back