Back to the Future: The Game (PS3) - $9.99 @ BestBuy

It was this price a few weeks back. I picked up a copy then and sold it on ebay for 21.50. Grabbed another copy $10. Thanks OP.

Not a bad find, but I'm thinking I'll eventually be able to get this around $5.

I'm a big BttF fan, but I wasn't too impressed with what I've played of this. Guy that does Marty's voice is great though.

[quote name='thegame85']Just be prepared to wait 2 weeks for shipping[/QUOTE]

Even with ShipToStore? Cancelled eitherway and will pick up at store 20 minutes away instead of 3.

I bit on this the last time they ran it for $9.99. Totally worth it, but you have to wonder if there is a limited print run of it or something.

yeah boring game, but the trophies stack and there is a plat.
and hopefully even with these sales, the bb tiv stays at 9 so its a free rental...

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']This game is almost as fun as a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.[/QUOTE]

This. I mean if you're a fan of the movies then I could see why you enjoy it. I got it and couldn't even finish it cause it was a bore. I had more fun with brink...

Thanks OP, got one for pickup. I was going to wait for the 360 version to drop but I can't pass this up.

EDIT- I have no idea how I read this as jurrasic park. Was able to cancel my order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Since you're in the SF Bay area, why not just go pick it up in store instead of ordering online and waiting for shipping? It says it's in stock in SF area.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...kuId=3558612&searchpage=true&_requestid=90655

Seriously. If I were waiting 2+ weeks for something to ship, I'd cancel it and go check in store.[/QUOTE]

Back when I bought it in early November it was oos around here so I had to buy online

How anyone can not enjoy a telltale game is beyond me. I guess you have to have grown up on adventure games to enjoy them?

Not their best game, but well worth $10 if you like adventure games.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Thanks OP, got one for pickup. I was going to wait for the 360 version to drop but I can't pass this up.

EDIT- I have no idea how I read this as jurrasic park. Was able to cancel my order.[/QUOTE]

lol... wishful thinking?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Thanks OP, got one for pickup. I was going to wait for the 360 version to drop but I can't pass this up.

EDIT- I have no idea how I read this as jurrasic park. Was able to cancel my order.[/QUOTE]

lol that's pretty funny

[quote name='pun123']Isn't this only part 1 of a three part game like the movies is why it is so cheap?[/QUOTE]

I think this is the trilogy of the games.

Cool. Was done buying for the year, but passed on this before and wish I hadn't. Will make for some simple holiday gaming.

Note: this is a 5-part game, and all 'episodes' are included on the disc.

[quote name='pun123']Isn't this only part 1 of a three part game like the movies is why it is so cheap?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the reason it's cheap is because of the short amount of hours it takes to complete the game and relatively low replay value but I could be wrong.

EDIT: It's a 5 episode series. I think the first episode is still free on PSN.

I just my BTTF that was backordered for well over a month from the last $10 BB sale. I've only played the first episode so far, but I've already fallen in love with it.

[quote name='fujimitsu']How anyone can not enjoy a telltale game is beyond me. I guess you have to have grown up on adventure games to enjoy them?

Not their best game, but well worth $10 if you like adventure games.[/QUOTE]

What exactly is the gameplay? Is it all just puzzles and dialogue trees? Is there any real-time action?

Guess I'll download the first episode since it's free and see how it plays. According to someone's post on Amazon it'll be this price all week.

It's definitely not made for this generation of Gamers, but for someone who is a fan, or just like puzzle-style adventure games (you know, the ones where you use your mind instead of firing a pistol), its well worth the money.

I finally got this from the last time as well, and I haven't had a chance to get into it yet. I've enjoyed the Ep. 1 from PSN so far though.

Ordered one, thanks a ton!

One question for anyone with the disc. I heard that it has a platinum whereas the PSN version does not. I'm just wondering if they are the same trophy list or not. Does this game split the trophies by episode or one list?

I already have episode one trophies and i'm a little worried my save could somehow lock me out of the platinum or something.

[quote name='sneezebu']Ordered one, thanks a ton!

One question for anyone with the disc. I heard that it has a platinum whereas the PSN version does not. I'm just wondering if they are the same trophy list or not. Does this game split the trophies by episode or one list?

I already have episode one trophies and i'm a little worried my save could somehow lock me out of the platinum or something.[/QUOTE]

The trophies are split from the episodic ones from PSN. So you can get the platinum in this one if you wanted.

This is one of the most bland adventure games I've ever played with one of the best stories I've seen in an adventure game. I only recommend this for the most hardcore fans of both BTTF and adventure games or someone who's never played an adventure game before in their life and thinks the old ones are too hard.

$10 = $2 an episode, perfect asking price, IHMO.

Hmmm....still debating. I would normally jump on $10 but I now have huge backlog thanks to Best Buy. Original retail for this was $19.99, hence I would think it would be $5 some day......BTTF fan but can't seem to pull the trigger knowing it will be wrapped for a while.

[quote name='Romeo']Thank you wurms.

Is this by chance a one day sale only?[/QUOTE]

Someone in the comments on Amazon seems to believe it's from today through the 17th

[quote name='Romeo']Is this by chance a one day sale only?[/QUOTE]

It's in the ad, so it's all week. It looks like reader reviews are even better than the general "very good" critic reviews.

For those that can do store pick up, the TIV at BB is $9(+bonuses, so you could actually come out ahead) and Amazon is $7 - in case you really did not like it.

bread's done
Back