Amazon Shopaholics Nonanonymous

Muthafodder

Banned
Not bragging rights...rather a public shaming to put your wallet back in your pocket...or bragging rights if that's your thing.

Log-in to amazon.
Click "Recommendations" at the top of the page.
Click on "Improve Your Recommendations"
Scroll down.
Post total items you've purchased.

407 at the moment...a lot more than I thought, and I'm sure nowhere close to most others (I'm hoping waaay lower than others).

Vote for better thread title.

For more fun...post the first item you purchased on Amazon.

Or, if you're feeling gutsy...download your order history here...thanks Wasabi, more ways to feel like shit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I had way more than I figured. 255

Edit-Ah, that's part of the reason, any apps I've downloaded from Amazon App store are listed as well.

I definitely have a problem...

amazon_orders-dec11-2011.jpg

amazon_orders-2011.jpg

[quote name='wasabi5858']I definitely have a problem...[/QUOTE]

...and I no longer feel so bad...thank you.

On the bright side...your winning!

[quote name='jr233270']194 all this year for a grand total of more than $10,000. I'm not proud of myself right now.
[/QUOTE]

go to order history report and generate a report for the year then in spreadsheet do a sum and you will get an exact number.

mine is just over $10k at $10025.80 so you should have me beat. Good to know :p

My first purchase on 12/8/03...wow there was 1.5 years between my first and third purchase...what the hell happened to me?

5 year span between my first and 8th purchase...just wow...now it seems a week at most doesn't go by.

514EVMM7K3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[quote name='wasabi5858']go to order history report and generate a report for the year then in spreadsheet do a sum and you will get an exact number.[/QUOTE]

Added your suggestion to the OP.

I'm going to get the net total through three reports to-date.

.... 1352 items :( I had noooo idea I purchased that much crap from amazon. I am hoping that includes some cancelled orders...

My first order is rather boring.
Amazon is still generating the report for all my purchases.

Items Ordered Price
1 of: Web Programming with ASP and COM [Paperback]
By: Matt J. Crouch
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$35.96

1 of: Beginning ASP Databases [Paperback]
By: John Kaufman, et al
$39.99

1 of: Instant ASP Scripts [Paperback]
By: Greg Buczek
$34.99

1 of: Intranets : What's the Bottom Line? [Paperback]
By: Randy J. Hinrichs
$23.9

Returns / Refunds -->
Completed & Shipped --> 14,161.92
Net --> 13,345.30

Now, I'm tempted to make a pivot chart & graph for the 8 year period...

My first few orders on Amazon.com dating back to March 6th, 2002 were 'the Evil Dead: Book of the Dead' edition DVD, Dragonball Vol. 1 manga, Dragonball Z Vol. 2 manga and McFarlane Toys Movie Maniacs Series 5 Deluxe Boxed Set Alien Vs. Predator. The beginning of a bad habit with this website...

Since January 2004: 460
Spent: $9,905.97

2011 YTD: 155
Spent: $3,470.05

First order:
The Chronicles of Avonlea
The Further Chronicles of Avonlea
Magic for Marigold
The Nightmare Before Christmas Special Edition DVD

2011 YTD Spent: $3,405.35

First order: Shining Force Resurrection of the Dark Dragon $14.98

Total Spent at Amazon from 4-15-2005 to Present: $16,439.13

Wow, I'm planning to cut down on my spending next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
154, not bad. This includes a bunch of gifts and textbooks for when I was in college. First order was Maddox's The Alphabet of Manliness, a yaoi mangu, and another mangu. God help me.

432 total purchases since 1998.

First purchase in October 1998.

First purchase was for two Dragonlance books.

I remember when Amazon sent bookmarks with the books you bought. Those were the good old days.

815...:hot:And that's just on my current account. I have a 2nd account, though I'm sure on my 1st account I only have about 50 items or so.

I've been using Amazon since like the mid '90s though.

ETA: Wow, I went back to item #1048 and it was only from 2001, the history didn't go any further back. So I've actually purchased a lot more than that I guess.

233 total purchases

That's starting from right after christmas last year. Since I didn't start ordering from Amazon until then. It's mostly been anime & manga that I've ordered too.

Though I recently started paying for Prime and some of my friends and family members have been using my account. I Kinda wish there was a Rewards thing for how much spent in an Amazon account.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Returns / Refunds -->
Completed & Shipped --> 14,161.92
Net --> 13,345.30

Now, I'm tempted to make a pivot chart & graph for the 8 year period...[/QUOTE]

How did you get a total spent? I'd be interested to see what mine is....

135...since 2007, which is as far back as my Amazon account shopping history goes.

My husband's account has stuff from 1998.

We've never paid for Prime, my husband and I just order things in batches of $25 or more to get free shipping.

288 for me.

Total of $7699.75

First item I ever ordered was the Soul Calibur IV SE. 2nd Item was the Tales of Vesperia LE :D

Yikes my YTD was: $3589.22 :wall: I think I need to curb my spending a tad.

It counts too many of my free mp3 downloads and movie rentals; without those I'm chopped down from 162 to about 90. Pretty frugal when you consider it crosses seven years and includes things like bubblemailers and flips.

Wow, a lot fewer than I expected (with the almost daily free apps item from the app store and the free MP3s and the multiple accounts, etc., etc.)

1040 from my primary account.

Items marked owned is probably more accurate: 3112.

First Item: Beyond The Mat Director's Cut DVD in August 2000.

15,662.23 is the amount charged. Only 1,305.19 a year (give or take) which seems reeeeeaallly low and skewed by my college years, I'm sure.

169 total

Includes gifts I have purchased for other people as well. I know some people without an internet connection, and my family frequently gets asked to purchase items for them. Also includes all those free christmas songs.

First Purchase December 22, 2001.

bread's done
Back