Ongoing Sales at EA Origin

krashhole

CAGiversary!
Feedback
114 (100%)
Green Monday Sale

If it's already been posted, I apologize.

Other sales:

Games for just $4.99 and $9.99
(ends 12/25/2011)

40% off The Sims Stuff Packs (ends 12/18/2011)

Free Expedited Shipping on orders over $39.99 (ends 12/19/2011)

Free Standard Shipping on all orders over $39.99 and up (ends 12/31/2011)

40% off The Sims + 1k Points Package
(12/19/2011 to 12/25/2011)

50% off Need for Speed The Run, Battlefield 3 and Batman: Arkham City (All platforms - 12/24/11 to 12/25/2011)

50% off Games Storewide (both Boxed and PCDD versions - 12/26/11 to 12/31/2011)

50% off Need for Speed The Run, Battlefield 3 and Batman: Arkham City (All platforms - 12/31/2011 to 1/1/2012)

The Sims Collection (ends 12/31/2011)

The Need For Speed Collection (ends 12/31/2011)

The Sports Collection (ends 12/31/2011)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was about to post this.

I'm wondering why the promo code I got for buying Crysis 2 a few weeks ago seemingly works on nothing.

"Here is your $10 off discount code: BLAHBLAH. You can use this code any time during December, $30 minimum purchase required"

I tried it on SWTOR, and assumed it didn't work because it is excluded from most discounts.

Won't work on anything over $30 in this sale, either.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']Was about to post this.

I'm wondering why the promo code I got for buying Crysis 2 a few weeks ago seemingly works on nothing.

"Here is your $10 off discount code: BLAHBLAH. You can use this code any time during December, $30 minimum purchase required"

I tried it on SWTOR, and assumed it didn't work because it is excluded from most discounts.

Won't work on anything over $30 in this sale, either.[/QUOTE]

I assume our $10 off codes are never going to stack on anything that is already on sale like things are automatically during this promotion. Is that what you meant? And it's not going to work on pre-orders.

[quote name='tenn_volsfan']I assume our $10 off codes are never going to stack on anything that is already on sale like things are automatically during this promotion. Is that what you meant? And it's not going to work on pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

I understand the pre-order/new game thing, but nothing in the disclaimer says anything about not being valid with other offers, or what have you. Oh well, I really shouldn't expect otherwise, but it makes the "$10 Credit" rather worthless.

"Offer expires November 30, 2011. Gift code expires December 31, 2011. Value of discount will be deducted from your total order at time of purchase and is valid only on purchases from Origin http://store.origin.com/ in December 2011. Requires minimum purchase of $30.00*. Excludes pre-orders, games released within 30 days of purchase, virtual currency and game time codes. Valid only in U.S. Limit one offer per person. Subject to availability. Customers are responsible for shipping, handling and applicable sales tax. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Retailers, distributors and employees of Electronic Arts Inc. and their agencies/affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law."

Well, I just spent a couple minutes on the EA chat helper. Customer service rep told me that the $10 code should work on what I was trying to purchase and had me try again. It didn't, and he basically said he didn't know why and threw me a code for a 15% discount that did stack. So uh, still not as good, but I guess if you had your eye on something anyway and wanted another 15% off, pester them for a few minutes.

[quote name='dnajar']Portal 2 for $23.99 - is this a good time?[/QUOTE]

Got it on the PS3 so I can play it there, my PC & Mac. Loved it. Great game. Valve never disappoints. Well worth the $24.

Picked up Portal 2 and Madden for $49.98 before tax. Not a big Madden fan but one friend loves to play football online. Tax balanced out by 7% cashback.

Been cheaper on Gamefly, comes with code for free Steam copy if you buy the PS3 version.

[quote name='dnajar']oh, and DECTEN stacks for $10 off $30+[/QUOTE]

thank you, and thanks OP. I went ahead and got NHL for $30+ :D

Keeps saying that DECTEN is an invalid code. And I even really bought a game in November and got the code on an invoice and everything. Disappointing.

You probably an get it for 14 bucks in gamefly's yearly sale.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']"Offer expires November 30, 2011. Gift code expires December 31, 2011. Value of discount will be deducted from your total order at time of purchase and is valid only on purchases from Origin http://store.origin.com/ in December 2011. Requires minimum purchase of $30.00*. Excludes pre-orders, games released within 30 days of purchase, virtual currency and game time codes. Valid only in U.S. Limit one offer per person. Subject to availability. Customers are responsible for shipping, handling and applicable sales tax. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Retailers, distributors and employees of Electronic Arts Inc. and their agencies/affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law."[/QUOTE]

This is what I had on my invoice too that came with the code. The livechat people are playing dumb though and just offering a 15 percent off coupon code.

Odds amazon will match these? Id really like the dragon age origins set and the orange box for $30 combined... Not much else for me there. Since amazon offers free 2 day on anything with prime, it would be awesome if they matched this....

I was just thinking to myself about two hours ago "I wish I got ME2 for my PS3 when it was $10 on Origin"... not quite the same deal but hell I'll take it. Only $9 with my 25% off birthday coupon

With Skate 3 the code DECTEN would stack... when I would remove Skate 3 from my cart the code wouldn't work anymore... Got 4 games, 40%off+$10DECTEN+Free Expedited Shipping = 47.xx after tax. Pretty happy with the purchase :lol:

Mass Effect™ 2 - Played the first one for a while.
Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit - Criterion again? (loved burnout paradise)
SKATE™ 3 - Something different to throw into the backlog
NBA Jam - LOVED this game as a kid.

[quote name='brutalny']You guys are all going to regret buying from Origin.[/QUOTE]

Please elaborate.

I've been wanting a copy of Portal 2 for a long time (previously rented it), but I can't bring myself to buy it when it was 50% off a few weeks ago (as many of these titles were). I do think that EA is working to get BF3 into more homes with all these sales, whereas CoD is selling itself.

[quote name='brutalny']You guys are all going to regret buying from Origin.[/QUOTE]

I have ordered from them numerous times and never had any issues. I will admit the shipping information on the site seems to always be behind. Other words, I will get my package and the site will show that it just shipped.

Got dragon age origins, orange box, and portal 2 for 40 bucks (~13 each), free 1-2day shipping. Used paypal. If there ends up being an issue, i will just contact paypal for resolution instead.

Only thing so far - i couldnt find where you track your orders on the website, so i called customer service (or had them call me rather.). Asked about where to check order status on the website - was told "they only do that over the phone" which is kinda weird and a litte bit of a pain in the ass, but whatever.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']Got dragon age origins, orange box, and portal 2 for 40 bucks (~13 each), free 1-2day shipping. Used paypal. If there ends up being an issue, i will just contact paypal for resolution instead.

Only thing so far - i couldnt find where you track your orders on the website, so i called customer service (or had them call me rather.). Asked about where to check order status on the website - was told "they only do that over the phone" which is kinda weird and a litte bit of a pain in the ass, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

Nah, they are full of shit. Like I said, the tracking always seems to be an issue with them. Here's what you do. After you log in, it will take you to the main page. At the top of the page in the middle, you will see customer service. Click that and it will open up another page where you click Orders and Billing. It will show everything you have ever bought.

Tempted to get Crysis 2, SOTD, and DS2 for the 360, but I think they might have another 50-60% FB promo closer to Xmas.

I was about to order BF3 PC but DECTEN didn't work. $35.99 isn't quite cheap enough for me for BF3. With that coupon I would have bit.

Just orded BF3, Sims 3 Pets, NBA Jam, NFS hot pursuit and NHL 12 for PS3 at $130 and some change shipped. AND YES DECTEN did work for me on this offer. Already recieved Order/Paypal recieved confirmation Emails. This deal only seems to be active for a few more hours. Literably best video game deal of December 2011 if you only buying EA xbox/ps3 games.

Some people will never notice this because they figure Origin is for PC only games.

Product SKU: 19435
Product Name: Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $17.99
Shipment Tracking Numbers:

Product SKU: 19575
Product Name: NBA Jam
Amount: $11.99

Product SKU: 19641
Product Name: NHL® 12
Amount: $35.99

Product SKU: 19619
Product Name: The Sims™ 3 Pets
Amount: $29.99

Product SKU: 19728
Product Name: Battlefield 3™
Amount: $35.99

SubTotal: $131.95
Shipping & Handling: $0.00

Tax: $8.54
Total: $130.49
Discount: $104.50

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to use my 25% off Bday code but its not working. Anyone have any ideas why? Checked the code several times and it's typed properly.

adding a sports related dlc on there, preferably the fifa 2.99 one on pc, will allow you to use the decten promo code

$7 saved is still very good. thanks for the thread!

Up for grabs:

Here you go this is your 15% origin discount code YXTAC-EORAE-IJSP6

assuming it will work with this promotion if you cant get DECTEN to work.

please post if used!!

[quote name='confoosious']why? cause it takes a whole two days to get to me? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Because their live "help" is a joke and Delayed Order/Email processing and general order policy's

I definately wouldnt use Origin for Digital Downloads, dont want your account suspended, do you?

For Ps3/360 game deals, it is like their a different company all together.

Should I pick up Dante's Inferno for 12.70(plus shipping)?
I usually buy my games used but I heard it comes with some free DLC..

[quote name='redmangoose']Should I pick up Dante's Inferno for 12.70(plus shipping)?
I usually buy my games used but I heard it comes with some free DLC..[/QUOTE]

I'm playing it right now and it really is a poor man's God of War. The story is crap but the "over the top" sex and a gore is neither alluring or offending imo. It's not exactly juvenile but it really was there to be unsettling and just comes across as sad.

If you want a God of War clone, it's the closest I've played and it does have some cool set pieces so far (I'm a little over half way) and pretty easy achievement/trophies.

Is this the cheapest Battlefield 3 has been? I'd like to play it but I have an insanely big backlog so I'd only be buying it just to get to it around January aside from some occasional multi.

My backlog is definitely reaching critical mass this year:

I picked up Alice Madness Returns and Portal 2 both on PS3. (between the original Alice being downloadable and the Steam copy of Portal 2 I figured it was worth it)

[quote name='krashhole']Nah, they are full of shit. Like I said, the tracking always seems to be an issue with them. Here's what you do. After you log in, it will take you to the main page. At the top of the page in the middle, you will see customer service. Click that and it will open up another page where you click Orders and Billing. It will show everything you have ever bought.[/QUOTE]

I cant find the page to do the lookups. I even googled origin order status and it found the site on origin, but when you try to go to it, it forwards you back to the origins home page. :roll:

My orders don't show up in orders & billing even though they sent me a confirmation email. Whatever, I guess I'll have to trust them and expect my items tomorrow or thursday.

bread's done
Back