what's your favorite christmas movie?

VAN1SH1NG PO1NT

CAG Veteran
Well it's that time of the year again. So what is everyone's favorite christmas movie?

I like christmas vacation, a true family christmas classic

MST3k version of Santa Claus vs. The Martians.

Runner up: Gremlins.

Not movies, but I always watch the Charlie Brown Christmas Special & He-Man Christmas Special around this time of year as well.

I have a threeway tie:

Christmas Story
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Rare Exports

My husband's favorites:
Grinch Who Stole Xmas (the classic cartoon, not that crappy live action movie DIAF Jim Carrey)
Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer

And LOL, I keep forgetting Gremlins is an Xmas story.

Sad to see no one has said 'Scrooged' yet. That's one of my favorites, along with the already mentioned 'Christmas Story' and 'Christmas Vaction'. I'll also throw in 'The Muppets Christmas Carol', because that movie is so fun.

[quote name='Clak']I like the Patrick Stewart version of A Christmas Carol.[/QUOTE]

+1 to this just because Patrick Stewart is awesome, although I give a slight edge to the Muppets/Henson version of a Christmas Carol, which is just plain good fun.

My other faves have already been mentioned: A Christmas Story, Scrooged and National Lampoons are all great. Bad Santa is growing on me.

[quote name='shinn']my favorite christmas movies are die hard and die hard 2 . this is in no way a joke .[/QUOTE]

first post that appeared when i opened the thread and i cant stop laughing

images

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPmncviUAHU&feature=player_detailpage

I'd really like to see a re-make of a christmas story or possibly its a wonderful life. Sure its not cool to mess with the classics, but with todays technology they could turn out just as good as their originals.

If it can be considered a Christmas movie, I'm going with Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.
Least favorite would be A Christmas Story.

Every year I watch Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story.

My brother-in-law watches Die Hard.

[quote name='celegus']Forgive my ignorance, but what kind of name for a Christmas movie is Die Hard?[/QUOTE]
It is an action movie with a terrorist/hostage plot that takes place in an office building during their company Christmas party.

I would give honorable mention to Elf, The Santa Clause, It's a Wonderful Life, Jingle All the Way, A Christmas Carol (w/Patrick Stewart)

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Trading Places[/QUOTE]
Second'd.

Next favorite would be National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Least favorite: A Christmas Story....but only because of how many times they frickin' play it.:whistle2:#

bread's done
Back