Resident Evil Revelations - free 3DS case and free shipping in Capcom Store

D-J

CAG Veteran
Free shipping and free Resident Evil Revelations 3DS case with your pre-order of Resident Evil Revelations in the Capcom Store.
RER3DSCase_Promoimage.jpg

This price is garbage. All 3DS games are 39.99 and lower. This game may be the first to go higher, but it appears like they are charging you for a 2 dollar crap case. If the case ends up being limited, which I'm sure it will. You may be able to sell it on Ebay for 10-50 if demand is high, but that is a huge gamble IMO! Only for diehard RE fans.

[quote name='chrislaustin']This price is garbage. All 3DS games are 39.99 and lower. This game may be the first to go higher, but it appears like they are charging you for a 2 dollar crap case. If the case ends up being limited, which I'm sure it will. You may be able to sell it on Ebay for 10-50 if demand is high, but that is a huge gamble IMO! Only for diehard RE fans.[/QUOTE]

I agree, $40 dollars was already hard to swallow now they want to add $10 more.

[quote name='62t']they are using a bigger cart for this game, which cost more money to produce[/QUOTE]

It costs 25 percent more money for this special cart? I highly doubt that it does. Capcom is just testing the waters for this new pricing model. New PSV games are retailing for $39.99.

So, are you really telling me that Uncharted PSV and RE:3DS are not on similar levels in regards to cost and potential profits.

To put it simply, they are roughly similar in demand games. Capcom is just trying to get more money out of the consumer, as you can tell by their previous DL strategies.

I preordered RE3DS from amazon when it was $40. There is only so much I am willing to pay for a portable. for $10 more I could get a AAA current gen console game.

[quote name='chrislaustin']This price is garbage. All 3DS games are 39.99 and lower. This game may be the first to go higher, but it appears like they are charging you for a 2 dollar crap case. If the case ends up being limited, which I'm sure it will. You may be able to sell it on Ebay for 10-50 if demand is high, but that is a huge gamble IMO! Only for diehard RE fans.[/QUOTE]

I thought the circle pad was bundeled with this game and that us why it retails for $50 instead of $40 since this will be the first game to support the pad in North America

Don't bother. If this is of the same quality as the RE: Mercenaries case (which I'd bet $100 it is), then it is a super cheap, low quality case. I use it anyway since it's the only case I have, but it is by no means a quality case.

I'm really looking forward to this game, but $50 is way too much for a handheld game. I'll wait until I can get the circle pad and game for less than $25.

Plus, I really don't want to give Capcom full price for the game.

If they do one of those spend $100 save $20 things again, I'd be in. Case looks pretty nice. I mean, what do you expect, a titanium super case? It's more decorative than anything else.

[quote name='Gamehead']It costs 25 percent more money for this special cart? I highly doubt that it does. Capcom is just testing the waters for this new pricing model. New PSV games are retailing for $39.99.

So, are you really telling me that Uncharted PSV and RE:3DS are not on similar levels in regards to cost and potential profits.

To put it simply, they are roughly similar in demand games. Capcom is just trying to get more money out of the consumer, as you can tell by their previous DL strategies.

I preordered RE3DS from amazon when it was $40. There is only so much I am willing to pay for a portable. for $10 more I could get a AAA current gen console game.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted is 49.99 now.
SO both companies will be trying at a 49.99 price point with their systems.
Though if it exactly catches on is another story

Also you get the same case at gamestop
For me I just see it as 39.99 for the game and 9.99 for the case.
(since i would have bought a case anyway)

[quote name='62t']they are using a bigger cart for this game, which cost more money to produce[/QUOTE]

But is the cart size justified?

Is the $10 increase justified for the bigger cartridges?

I can't pay $50 out of sheer protest alone, but I would have definitely shelled out $40 day 1 for this. This starts the slippery slope of other developers trying to charge more than $40 for their games, which I just not willing to pay for. The exception would be a multi-game pack, like if Nintendo bundled Super Mario 64 & some other N64 game together and remade the graphics (and offered extra content). I wouldn't have much problem paying $50 then.

[quote name='macjz212']Best Buy has this case for Pre-order for $5
Check it out here[/QUOTE]

thanks for this. I picked one up and now I can wait for the game to drop.

I nabbed a preorder on Amazon for $39.96 a little while ago. Figured it was a good deal because its supposed to push the 3DS to its limit and it's rumored to be a lengthy game with lots to do.

This game supports the dual analog but, the case looks like it just fits in the 3ds. Would I have to take off the case every time I play with the attachment? It would be a lot cooler if the case supported the slider. Not to mention the green Zelda case I got from Gamestop is a bitch to take off.

[quote name='macjz212']Best Buy has this case for Pre-order for $5
Check it out here[/QUOTE]

Is this for the game and the case or just the case? I was hoping for the former, but considering they have a separate listing for the game I'm guessing this is just for the case. This might be better though, because if I can get the case for $5 then I'll just wait for a price drop on the game (even though this is my most anticipated 3DS game at the moment, the $50 price tag is ridiculous and I'd rather not give Capcom more reason to think it's is a good idea).

[quote name='MrBoss']I have it preordered from Amazon for $10 less.
Is the case worth it? Hmm[/QUOTE]
Not if you plan on getting the 2nd analog nub, lol. This system was SO well thought out, and I fell for it (and paid for it, literally)!

[quote name='-Never4ever-']But is the cart size justified?

Is the $10 increase justified for the bigger cartridges?

I can't pay $50 out of sheer protest alone, but I would have definitely shelled out $40 day 1 for this. This starts the slippery slope of other developers trying to charge more than $40 for their games, which I just not willing to pay for. The exception would be a multi-game pack, like if Nintendo bundled Super Mario 64 & some other N64 game together and remade the graphics (and offered extra content). I wouldn't have much problem paying $50 then.[/QUOTE]
Check back regularly at Amazon, as it has went up & down MANY times (from $40 to $50 & vice versa). I got lucky & got it in my quickpicks when it was $40, so it's like $37.50. I FINALLY got a decent deal on a game, lol. I miss all the sales (and I'm so not bragging about the price I got it for).

bread's done
Back