El Shaddai $19.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='looploop']I feel obligated to support this kind of game... but damn if that demo didn't turn me off to it.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I feel about it. I'm still gonna buy it, but not at $20

[quote name='looploop']I feel obligated to support this kind of game... but damn if that demo didn't turn me off to it.[/QUOTE]

Duuuuude..my thoughts exactly.
Is the gameplay/the enemies as repetitive and frustrating as the demo makes it out to be? Or is there more to it? Hope it's the latter..
I feel inclined to support these kinds of games too but don't really think it's worth 20. Love the art style though, reminds of Okami.

I think I am getting spoiled as I find it very difficult to buy this game at 20 when I have been getting so many quality games below that level the last few weeks. I think I am gonna pass and wait out a 10-14.99 price tag. Besides, its not like I need another game right now. I have enough back titles to last me to the next Xbox console.

I bought it for $30, beat it and traded it in for $4 less.

The graphics, music and voice acting are all top notch, and the story is interesting if you're at all into studying religious texts.

But yeah, the combat does get pretty repetitive (and cheap) and there's no way to run from battles.

My biggest problem were the glitches though. There are achievements for breaking 500 items and killing 500 enemies. When I hit those numbers, the game stopped and loaded for a second, then I got the achievement and the game resumed. That's pretty common with 360 games. But then the game would freeze for a second EVERY SINGLE TIME I defeated an enemy or broke an item. And that got super annoying for the last couple levels.

pretty fun game. i got most of the trophies, but hell, this is a tripped out game.
good stuff if you are into that alternative medicines. lol
i tried beat hazard ultra and that gave me convulsions but this was ok...

[quote name='redmangoose']Duuuuude..my thoughts exactly.
Is the gameplay/the enemies as repetitive and frustrating as the demo makes it out to be?[/QUOTE]
I'm about half way through the game (bought it day 1 and still yet to beat it....yeah) and there has been very little variation. The visuals are fucking mind boggingly great but the combat/enemies just don't differ enough. Have only come across 3 weapons so far which only adds to the repetitive nature.

Worth supporting it for its original nature but unless I just haven't got to 'the good part' I would say not worth rushing out and buying.

previously I had stated I was holding out for $20 but after playing the demo I think I'll wait for $15

I want to buy it just to support the dev but that's about it

Out of the 40+ games i bought in 2011 this was the worst. Terrible platforming, shallow combat, and repetitive enemy encounters. I bought it at launch because of the hype...i forced myself to beat it and now realize the hype people gave it was fueled by the games art direction. Loved the art so much that they overrated everything else.

Play the demo. You don't get much more than that.

[quote name='Japakneez']Out of the 40+ games i bought in 2011 this was the worst. Terrible platforming, shallow combat, and repetitive enemy encounters. I bought it at launch because of the hype...i forced myself to beat it and now realize the hype people gave it was fueled by the games art direction. Loved the art so much that they overrated everything else.

Play the demo. You don't get much more than that.[/QUOTE]

That's what I expected. After I played the demo, I knew this would be a game I wouldn't spend more than $10 on.

bread's done
Back