Nier $12.74 PS3 @amazon

I got this for Christmas last year, and it's one of my favorite games of all time. Anyone interested will most likely find this game totally worth the money.

Wow, am I the only one who thought this game a wretched abomination that never should of seen the light of day? The voice acting sucks, the combat is mediocre, the environments are mediocre, and the woman walking around in bra and panties fighting bad guys, swearing every other word. So horrible I put it down after about 4 or 5 hours. Can't say enough negative things about this steaming pile...

The Father character's voice isn't the best. Everyone else is pretty great, especially Grimoire Noir. It's my favorite gaming soundtrack this Gen.

It's hack and slash with a bit of magic, and you can power up your attacks with Words which keeps it fresh. The swearing isn't terrible, maybe a little overdone in the opening movie that plays.

Graphics aren't the best, but you shouldn't be judging a game solely on that. The story though, is a winner.

If you only played four or five hours you didn't see anything. If you look around, you'll see more positives than negatives though. It's a hidden gem of this gen, it's worth a look at that price no doubt about it.

[quote name='ElectricStarshine']Wow, am I the only one who thought this game a wretched abomination that never should of seen the light of day? The voice acting sucks, the combat is mediocre, the environments are mediocre, and the woman walking around in bra and panties fighting bad guys, swearing every other word. So horrible I put it down after about 4 or 5 hours. Can't say enough negative things about this steaming pile...[/QUOTE]
Some gamers don't care about story. This game is not for them. It's a low budget gem in my opinion, with a wonderful story that rewards the second playthrough, and unbelievable music. If you went in expecting FF13 production levels, of course you're going to be disappointed. Or, I guess, if you only like games that look and sound like FF13.

bread's done
Back