Metro 2033 XBOX 360 $13.99 @ Bestbuy

YES!!! I've been trying to snag this at a good price for months. This is a restock, I searched for this last night and only the used version came up.

Got this when it went $20 at Walmart right around this time last year. Loved it, despite its technical shortcomings. This game has possibly THE BEST atmosphere of any game i've played this generation. Dark, bleak, oppressive, and claustrophobic. Can't wait for the sequel.

[quote name='happydogs']Got this when it went $20 at Walmart right around this time last year. Loved it, despite its technical shortcomings. This game has possibly THE BEST atmosphere of any game i've played this generation. Dark, bleak, oppressive, and claustrophobic. Can't wait for the sequel.[/QUOTE]

This, to a tee. Easily one of the most underappreciated games of the year.

I ignored this game for almost 2 years because all I hear was IGN panning it. Lately I've heard nothing but good things from CAGers so for this price I decided it was time to give it a whirl.

this went on sale on Monday i think. this was one of the games on my wishlist anf CAG sent me the email a few days ago about the price drop. its already in the mail on its way to me.

been waiting for a good price on this game (already bought it on PC for super cheap).

almost makes up for missing out on Castlevania for $8. almost. not quite though.

[quote name='Daigoro']almost makes up for missing out on Castlevania for $8. almost. not quite though.[/QUOTE]
Feel the same way. It's no $8 Castlevania or $35 Batman, but I'll take it.

Thanks, I picked one up for a gift.

I got the game a while ago for $29.99, and for this price it is a steal. The game has a great atmosphere, and really sets the mood in terms of putting you into the aftermath of a post apocalyptic event.

Everything is good, but the only thing I hated was the shooting/aiming for the game. It just seemed so broken compared to other shooters. Still doesn't ruin the experience, but it would had made the game more enjoyable for me. Bottom line, buy it.

[quote name='gantt']I haven't seen this game at Best Buy in years. Where are they getting this stuff?[/QUOTE]

After what we've seen of BB in the past few weeks, I think it's safe to say they're trying to clear every square foot of their warehouses before end-of-year.

It seems to have all started with the big CE's collecting dust (Killzone/AC&AC/Bioshock2/DeadSpace), then they snapped and decided to go balls deep with their cleaning.

played it, did not enjoy it. There were definitely rage inducing moments and broken mechanics. Even when you try to play it stealthily, the AI is just bs. good atmosphere though.

I prefer Singularity over it.

I'm behaving. Normally I would buy this but I've bought way too much stuff lately. If it went down to 10 bucks then I'd be all over it.

[quote name='Kerig']After what we've seen of BB in the past few weeks, I think it's safe to say they're trying to clear every square foot of their warehouses before end-of-year.

It seems to have all started with the big CE's collecting dust (Killzone/AC&AC/Bioshock2/DeadSpace), then they snapped and decided to go balls deep with their cleaning.[/QUOTE]

I'd understand having inventory in the warehouses if the products just weren't moving, but as far as I know they haven't even made this game *available* for sale for the past year plus - not in my local stores and not online, from what I recall. Oh well, bigger minds. Or, if you look at Best Buy's financials, not so big.

I have been waiting for a long time for this to come down but I finally got so impatient that I ordered it from Amazon a few days ago for $18.99.

Best Buy is just blowing everyone out of the water this year.

Have heard good things about this game. I am in for 2. In all honesty, I dont even want to know what my tally is up to for Best Buy the last couple days. I am just going to play dumb and forget all about yesterday. Well, that is until my CC company comes calling. The wife....well, she isn't going to be thrilled but I just cant say no to great game deals.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']I ignored this game for almost 2 years because all I hear was IGN panning it. Lately I've heard nothing but good things from CAGers so for this price I decided it was time to give it a whirl.[/QUOTE]

For a not widely heard of game, it is absolutely amazing, you won't regret it.

bread's done
Back