Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition Guide - $20.99 (Amazon)

NocturneManiac

CAGiversary!
830987b.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1323913699&sr=1-2

Sorry if this is posted already, did a quick search and didn't find it...

I just looked at this yesterday on Amazon and it was the same price as everywhere else ($34.99). Just happened to check now and I saw that it was now $10 less @ $24.25 *now $20.99*, which seems to be the price of the standard edition. May not fully be worth it, but I bought the one for XIII, so might as well grab this at this price too. And since it's just under $25, you will need to add something cheap or have Prime to get FS, but hopefully shouldn't be too hard. Here are the details for the guide from GS:

• Exclusive coffee table book printed on highest-quality paper and bound in a padded hard cover.
  • Limited print run, includes two ribbon bookmarks.
  • Includes a 16-page bonus section exclusive to this edition.
  • Every secret, every unlockable, every side-quest, every mini-game, every Achievement and every Trophy revealed and explained in a dedicated Extras chapter. We've also added a story recap and an artwork gallery.
  • The dedicated Walkthrough charts the critical path through the main narrative. It also provides regular prompts and tips to direct players to side quests and other optional features within the game world.
  • The Tour Guide chapter includes one section per game location in each time period. This complements the Walkthrough by examining all optional activities offered in the game (side quests, mini-games, puzzles and power-leveling spots).
  • The Completion Timeline chapter offers a visual and streamlined guide to 100% completion.
  • The Strategy & Analysis section gives an advanced analysis of the game's key systems and features. This also covers the most complex topics such as character development in a thorough, yet user-friendly way.
  • All-encompassing Inventory and Bestiary chapters feature exhaustive lists and tables covering all enemies, weapons, accessories, items and shops.
  • The 100% complete guide to Final Fantasy XIII-2.
  • Carefully designed to avoid unnecessary story spoilers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='buckythekat']hopefully it'll appear in my gold box[/QUOTE]

What exactly do people mean by this? I get the gold box deals in my email.. but I got the feeling this is something different?

[quote name='barrit']What exactly do people mean by this? I get the gold box deals in my email.. but I got the feeling this is something different?[/QUOTE]

If you click the gold box icon at the top it'll bring you to a page where towards the bottom/middle area it'll say something like "such and such (your name's) Quick Picks" these are items suggested to you based on your search pattern, purchases, etc.. and given a 5% discount. There are ways to manipulate the picks too

you can read a guide put together by fellow member Jodou here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235975#1

Good one, Amazon. Just under $25, so it doesn't qualify for free shipping. The only thing I hate about Amazon.

[quote name='ssjmichael']If you click the gold box icon at the top it'll bring you to a page where towards the bottom/middle area it'll say something like "such and such (your name's) Quick Picks" these are items suggested to you based on your search pattern, purchases, etc.. and given a 5% discount. There are ways to manipulate the picks too

you can read a guide put together by fellow member Jodou here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235975#1[/QUOTE]

thx for the info! I didn't know about this

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']Just noticed, the guide is $21.40 at B&N. Which is almost a 100% certainty that it'll be that price at Amazon shortly, to quicken that, feel free to suggest the lower price to them:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fin...9780307894212&itm=13&usri=final+fantasy+guide[/QUOTE]

Thanks, just send a pm request to Amazon for it. Luckily with the price guarantee, should be able to keep everything in tact when they do lower it to compete with B&N (pretty confident that they would adjust it, too). :cool:

I forgot to say that I'll definitely be preordering this, but I'm waiting for it to show up in my Quick Picks first.

...However, the ME3 CE guide still hasn't surfaced in my Quick Picks yet (and I bought the Skyrim CE guide), so I'm very slightly concerned.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Just noticed, the guide is $21.40 at B&N. Which is almost a 100% certainty that it'll be that price at Amazon shortly, to quicken that, feel free to suggest the lower price to them:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fin...9780307894212&itm=13&usri=final+fantasy+guide[/QUOTE]

I hope Amazon matches... B&N's shipping is terrible. I ordered the Skyward Sword CE guide form them and they stuck it in a box too big and the corners/edges got dented up.

[quote name='roymustang']seriously people, please submit the B&N price to amazon, lets get em to match it.[/QUOTE]

I did. Hopefully they match

Will this guide likely be hard to find in stores later on and worth more than it's MSRP like the Skyrim CE guide? Or no?

[quote name='hatback']Will this guide likely be hard to find in stores later on and worth more than it's MSRP like the Skyrim CE guide? Or no?[/QUOTE]

The guide for the 1st game is still at the same price it was when it came out. So I guess that's about what this one will do

[quote name='hatback']Will this guide likely be hard to find in stores later on and worth more than it's MSRP like the Skyrim CE guide? Or no?[/QUOTE]

It is always hard to say with guides. Generally RPG guides are pretty safe to assume that with over all other genres but FFXIII's CE guide really hasn't spiked that much.

[quote name='Vinny']I hope Amazon matches... B&N's shipping is terrible. I ordered the Skyward Sword CE guide form them and they stuck it in a box too big and the corners/edges got dented up.[/QUOTE]

At least you received yours. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. :cry:

These things dent so easily in shipping, in for one anyways! Ty OP. I enjoyed Piggyback's one for XIII, propped up on my desk to this day.

Man, how did I miss this? Is it too much to wish for for there to be another price war like the first game's guide?

Although I'm still torn on where to preorder...Omega or a book...

[quote name='ssjmichael']If you click the gold box icon at the top it'll bring you to a page where towards the bottom/middle area it'll say something like "such and such (your name's) Quick Picks" these are items suggested to you based on your search pattern, purchases, etc.. and given a 5% discount. There are ways to manipulate the picks too

you can read a guide put together by fellow member Jodou here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235975#1[/QUOTE]

Ugh, my personalized goldbox deals have been broken for a while now. Either it is a contradeal where it actually adds to the cost of the product, or it doesn't show the product at all. Earlier today I went to check out the price of MW3 and it said it was a gold box item, yet when I went to my goldbox all I saw was tools, which is strange cause ive never bought a tool from Amazon.

Anyways, thanks OP! I am debating whether or not to get this, as I just recently purchased the regular edition from the BB sale.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']How long does it usually take orders to adjust down to the new price? My pre-order is still showing $23.xx[/QUOTE]
Don't bother waiting. Their "pre-order price guarantee" rarely, if ever, goes into effect. If you want to take advantage of the new, lower price, cancel the current order and reorder or contact them (e-mail, chat, or phone) and have them change it for you. I always end up doing the latter if the item drops below the $25 mark for free shipping.

[quote name='Vector']Don't bother waiting. Their "pre-order price guarantee" rarely, if ever, goes into effect. If you want to take advantage of the new, lower price, cancel the current order and reorder or contact them (e-mail, chat, or phone) and have them change it for you. I always end up doing the latter if the item drops below the $25 mark for free shipping.[/QUOTE]

They have always honored it for me. Sometimes its after the item ships, but they always credit my card back.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']How long does it usually take orders to adjust down to the new price? My pre-order is still showing $23.xx[/QUOTE]

Just call, email, or chat with a Amazon CSR and they'll change it for you. They fixed my price in less than 3 minutes

[quote name='ken9']Just call, email, or chat with a Amazon CSR and they'll change it for you. They fixed my price in less than 3 minutes[/QUOTE]

Same. I just did a live chat and he adjusted it for me. It instantly updated when the price dropped from 24.25 to 23.09 on its own, but not this time for some reason, so probably not worth relying on it too heavily.

bread's done
Back