Cheap Gift for my Girlfriend?

wrecktum662

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, as we all know, Christmas is on the horizon! I'm a bit short on money, but still want to get my girlfriend something great. I'm shooting for sentiment more than cost, so even home-made things are worth a shot. Any suggestions from my fellow Cheap Asses? We're only 18 by the way, so that does put up some boundaries. Any and all help is much appreciated!

Find a store that has key chains with people's name on them or go to Things Remembered and get her initials or name engraved on something small.

Just throwing out some random ideas:

a single rose for a romantic angle
make her a handmade Christmas tree ornament for a keepsake
a custom CD of her favorite music

I tend to buy chocolate or flavored coffee as gifts when low on cash.
Anyway goodluck!

Here's a few things...

If you don't get a chance to do this much, get dressed up and take her out on a fancy date. Nice restaurant that SHE likes, a movie that SHE likes, and if you guys are sexually active don't worry about yourself for one night and please her.

Girls are also into jewelry so a cheap ring or bracelet or necklace or earrings all suffice. Unless she's not into that. There's also those colored rubber-banded watches with the "bedazzled" faces that girls are into.

Perfume but that shit is expensive. One year I tried to get out of a gift by telling a girl I'd get her some perfume. When I went into the store and looked at the prices... instant regret.

Another cheap thing would be to make a stocking full of candy and snacks she likes and other cool little things like an iTunes (or a CD)/restaurant/retail gift card then take some glue, write her name with glue then dump glitter on it, then beat them out. Her name will be all glittered up at the top. I did this last year for my ex.

Think of something she's mentioned wanting before and get her that.

If she plays video games, maybe get a couple of those and a couple of movies or seasons of TV shows she likes.

Hope these help.

all help is much appreciated guys. even if some were just for laughs. i have a few ideas but you guys are definitely building onto that

[quote name='MisterModest']Cunnilingus.[/QUOTE]

this chicks go crazy for that shit. make her a book of like 5 or 6 clam coupons or tang tickets or whatever you want to call em and give them to her. just make sure to add the appropriate disclaimers for periods, wild bush and just plain funky snatch unless you dont mind bobbing for apples during lowtide.

Make her a tea set. I did this for my girlfriend back when I was 16 and she really liked it. I did it at a place that specializes in custom stuff ceramics and such. It took me like 8 hours to do a whole tea set since I customized it and decorated it and all for her. I ended up spending like 40$ for it and she seemed to have liked it, though we broke up in 2007 a friend of hers says she still had it in 2010.

(for the cheese factor)
Buy her a dozen fake roses and a note that says "I'll love you until the last one dies"
or 11 roses and say "Here's a dozen roses for you, if you can't find the twelfth look in a mirror"

For future holidays, birthdays, special occasions, always plan ahead. You're less than 2 weeks from Christmas so you have little time to save money or even order something online. For cheap ideas, maybe a DVD of the first movie you saw together or maybe a movie you both grew up loving. A board game for lazy date nights, Scrabble maybe? If you're crafty at all, you can make her cool photo frame and put a photo of you two in it. If you have a some money but aren't creative go do a build a bear or something.

Two of the best gifts I've ever made my girlfriend are a custom Batman vinyl toy for her desk and a custom NES cartridge with pixel art versions of us on it. Both of those things were under $10 each and she loved them.

[quote name='Gden'](for the cheese factor)
Buy her a dozen fake roses and a note that says "I'll love you until the last one dies"
[/QUOTE]

That ones pretty slick,:applause: I'm gonna have to use it, and pass it on to my buddies.

btw, I might as well throw in my smartass answer. Tell her she doesn't have to do the dishes tonight.....she can wait until tomarrow.

Go to Hallmark (although I assume you can find it any book store) and buy one of those memory books where you fill in the blank. I got one last year for Valentine's Day, which also happens to be our anniversary (yes I know I shot myself in the foot on that one) and it worked out great. It's just a little book, maybe 50 pages, that has random questions about your relationship and you fill in the blank. It made her cry.

[quote name='beachbum662']I'm shooting for sentiment more than cost[.][/QUOTE]
If it is truly based on sentiment, then you are the only one who is going to know the answer to this.

Make her something. I made a dozen origami roses for my wife one year before we got married. She loved it because it showed that I put a lot of effort into it.

or 11 roses and say "Here's a dozen roses for you, if you can't find the twelfth look in a mirror"[/QUOTE]

Ha! Now, I usually handcraft stuff, like the origami the guy above mentioned— But damn, that IS a bit ingenious. Hats off, sir.

if i were your girlfriend. i would expect you to get me something expensive as a token of love.

so now pretend that im your girlfriend. i want an ipad 2. if you cant buy me one.. its over babe

anyway seriously now, itll snow one day soon so a scarf (nice one) will suffice

[quote name='Tsel']I got one last year for Valentine's Day, which also happens to be our anniversary (yes I know I shot myself in the foot on that one) and it worked out great.[/QUOTE]

Genius, actually - you're only on the hook once per year!

[quote name='pitfallharry219']A dick in a box.[/QUOTE]

amazed that this wasn't the first response to be honest

I got my girlfriend a stick of ram. She said, "What the fuck do I do with this?" Women, eh? She keeps it in her purse as a reminder of our love.

Make her a card out of construction paper, crayons, and macaroni.

[quote name='Spokker']I got my girlfriend a stick of ram. She said, "What the fuck do I do with this?" Women, eh? She keeps it in her purse as a reminder of our love.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean computer memory or some fucked-up backwoods jerky?

or 11 roses and say "Here's a dozen roses for you, if you can't find the twelfth look in a mirror"[/QUOTE]

Those are pretty smooth, actually. Impressive.

If you're interested in cooking at all, you can go for the fancy night-in approach. Light some candles, set up the table nicely and cook her dinner one night. Less expensive than dining out, and more personal.

Get her one of those photo cubes and put all pictures of you guys together in it.

I just got this idea by watching TV (make sure to file the sharp edges down).

I'd work the goth angle and get her a silver cross on a necklace. Then I'd write her a poem and make an illustration like out of Heavy Metal magazine while listening to Ride of the Valkyries by Wagner. It works on British chicks, I'm telling ya.

bread's done
Back