3DS Nintendo Ambassador GBA Games Now Available

Covnam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Just went onto the eShop and saw that the GBA games are now available. You can get them from the same purchase history section of the eshop that you likely went to to get the NES games that were previously released.
The list is the same as those announced for the other territories:

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Mario vs Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Wario Land 4
WarioWare Inc: Mega Microgame$

Really happy with this list myself as I have a few of these still sitting around somewhere unplayed or never got a chance to buy them.

Glad I didn't cave back then to become ambASSador, and waited until the $170 + $50GC deal to get a 3DS. Pretty sure I have all those except 1 or 2.

Hopefully we will also get Club Nintendo Post-Play Surveys worth 10 Coins for each of these games as well. With the new digital rewards being offered at 100 and 150 Coins respectively, this would be a great way to get 100 Coins and another free game.

I have my eyes set on Mario vs. Donkey Kong: March of the Minis and Fluidity. I'm not sure how I feel about getting Xevious 3D or the original Mario Kart. I'm open to suggestions from other CAG's though. :)

Thanks OP! Just got them all. Yoshis Island is still as awesome as I remember it. Easily my personal favorite of the all the free games including the NES games.

Thanks! That reminded me I need to finish those surveys for the other games. And wow, I really hate the new Club Nintendo site... I can't see the survey dates like I used to (doesn't show years - just day).

[quote name='io']And wow, I really hate the new Club Nintendo site... I can't see the survey dates like I used to (doesn't show years - just day).[/QUOTE]

What?! Shit. That might become a hassle for me and my tons and tons of pending surveys.

This is indeed far better than the new list. Still, I'm disappointed with no mario and luigi superstar saga. Zelda and fire emblem are the only rpgs (and I don't usually consider zelda to be an rpg, so I'm stretching a little.), which disappoints me. Oh well, free games are free games, and getting old school mario kart does make me happy.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Thanks OP! Just got them all. Yoshis Island is still as awesome as I remember it. Easily my personal favorite of the all the free games including the NES games.[/QUOTE]
I completely agree. Yoshi's Island is one of the best games I have played in the last 30 years of gaming. Mario and Yoshi's finest hour, a true classic! Thanks OP!

Thanks for the heads up if only we got Golden Sun that game really showed off the beauty of the GBA system but heres hoping to see it later

Awesome. I bought my 3DS used, and the previous owner had already downloaded the NES games. I'm really liking the way you can prepare downloads and then have them go in sleep mode instead of sitting there watching them.

[quote name='scottman']Glad I didn't cave back then to become ambASSador, and waited until the $170 + $50GC deal to get a 3DS. Pretty sure I have all those except 1 or 2.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, LOL! I see what you did there, capitalizing ASS in ambassador, LOL LOL LOL! That's the funniest thing I've ever seen...

Got all 10 games downloaded already! Glad I didn't spend $30 on Minish Cap on ebay. Can't wait to start playing MC after work :D

[quote name='Zmonkay']Nice! Also loving the new Download Later feature! So awesome that I can finally just queue up the titles.[/QUOTE]

Is this working right? I had trouble the one time I tried it though I'm not sure if it was because I was downloading stuff on my PS3 at the same time. The wireless of the 3DS seems extremely weak and sensitive.

I'm glad to hear this. Gonna get them downloaded soon as I can. I'm going to most likely use the coins I earn for those club nintendo games too. Thanks OP and thanks Nintendo.

Got them this morning. I thought the download process was a little less troublesome but not quite as fast and easy as I would have hoped. Oh well. Metroid Fusion is one of the best if not the best Metroid game EVER!

[quote name='scottman']Glad I didn't cave back then to become ambASSador, and waited until the $170 + $50GC deal to get a 3DS. Pretty sure I have all those except 1 or 2.[/QUOTE]

Hey, Scott. Your face looks like scrambled eggs, son.

Anyway, good assortment of games. Just add them to the backlog.

Any word if these titles will be available to non-ambassadors? Wouldn't mind picking up Metroid Fusion and Minish Cap again. Enjoyed both of them.

[quote name='Tengaport']Any word if these titles will be available to non-ambassadors? Wouldn't mind picking up Metroid Fusion and Minish Cap again. Enjoyed both of them.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I don't have the link to the story, but not too long after the Ambassador Program was announced, Nintendo said it had no plans to make the GBA games available to non-ambassadors.

[quote name='Vector']Unfortunately I don't have the link to the story, but not too long after the Ambassador Program was announced, Nintendo said it had no plans to make the GBA games available to non-ambassadors.[/QUOTE]

I remember hearing that, but I was hoping I was wrong on the details. Oh well :*(

I can't download them. I don't know why. I got the NES ones no problem, the list of GBA games shows up under the "Account activity" option, but the only thing I can click there is software info, where it says "coming soon". I clicked "Your downloads", the same way I downloaded the NES ones, and they're not there.

/edit: Nevermind, they're at the bottom. wtf?

[quote name='Scorch']I can't download them. I don't know why. I got the NES ones no problem, the list of GBA games shows up under the "Account activity" option, but the only thing I can click there is software info, where it says "coming soon". I clicked "Your downloads", the same way I downloaded the NES ones, and they're not there.[/QUOTE]

Do you have the latest firmware? Also wernt the first batch of games suppose to get some sort of software update?

Thanks for the notification. They're all downloading now. So many A+ titles! Yoshi, fire emblem, metroid, mario kart, zelda, etc etc. Holy crap!

[quote name='mr_bungle']How much do these cost without being an ambassador?[/QUOTE]

They said in the past these games won't be available for purchase at any point without being an ambassador. Don't know of that will remain the case or not.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Nintendo should make these available to others. It'd be stupid not to. It's free money. Plus I want moar gba games.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Make it a timed exclusive for ambassadors (and free for them), but to not offer them at all (for a price) to others is irritating. Annoying, and not fair for my kids who are just getting a 3DS this Xmas. There's a number of titles on this list that they'd like to buy. Maybe Nintendo will have a change of heart. I hope so, anyway.

[quote name='Vector']Unfortunately I don't have the link to the story, but not too long after the Ambassador Program was announced, Nintendo said it had no plans to make the GBA games available to non-ambassadors.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they said "...some of which will not be available in the eShop." They never said none of the 10 would not ever be out for purchase, but it was rather vageand cryptic to not say more.

I LOVE Fire Emblem. I'm glad that lots more people get to try it now. Sacred Stones is not as good as the one that came out before it, but it's still pretty great. I'm really happy that I suddenly have that game on my 3DS for all my holiday car rides in the next few weeks.

I'd buy almost all of those. Otherwise I will have to resort to other measures. Nintendo, I want to give you my money...

[quote name='doppelganger']Great, thanks! 3DS games make poop time fun!
What? Don't act like I'm the only one >.>[/QUOTE]

True dat.

bread's done
Back