Staples Clearance Games Dec/2011

FarmhouseMedia

CAGiversary!
Was in Staples and they had a bunch of games on clearance. YMMV.

I got;

Star Wars III 3DS - $9.97
God of War Collection PS3 - $9.97
Modnation Racers PS3 - $9.97
Bulletstorm PS3 - $9.97 (360 version was 19.97 which is basically regular price eveywhere)

Saw a couple others...

Playstation Move Heroes $9.97
Eyepet $9.97
Super Mario Galaxy $9.97
Dragon Age 2 $19.97 (Saw PS3 version, not sure it 360 is the same)
Black Ops PS3/360 $29.97

There were more, but those looked like the best deals.

The Staples on Seymour in downtown Vancouver is doing 50% off. I picked up a few things there yesterday. Still a bunch of stuff there when I left.

Forgot to mention that the sign by the rack of games didn't say there was an extra 50% off. Just 'Select Video Games 25-50% off'. I had picked up one game and taken it to the register and the guy told me there was an additional 50% off the sticker price. So I went back and picked up the 2 other games I had been considering, that I had originally decided against because they were a bit higher than I wanted to pay.

I can't remember exactly how many years back it was ... but I'll never forget picking up the original Mass Effect at Staples of-all-places for $20. Best money I've ever spent and I heard about it here to boot.

[quote name='refinedsugar']I can't remember exactly how many years back it was ... but I'll never forget picking up the original Mass Effect at Staples of-all-places for $20. Best money I've ever spent and I heard about it here to boot.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect 2 (PS3) is $19.97 ;)

I will be all over the GTA today and see if I can pick up Bulletstorm, Heroes and Star Wars 3DS.

[quote name='refinedsugar']ME2 for $20 on the ps3 isn't a deal. It's that price everywhere. :)[/QUOTE]

But... if you tell a Canadian that it's a deal, they'll believe it. Just like telling Canadians that we don't suck cock at hockey, even though we haven't seen a Canadian team win the Stanley in over a decade.

He's obviously not talking about now considering he said he couldn't remember how many years back it was, but when he got it for $20, it was indeed a deal.

[quote name='dotCody']But... if you tell a Canadian that it's a deal, they'll believe it. Just like telling Canadians that we don't suck cock at hockey, even though we haven't seen a Canadian team win the Stanley in over a decade.[/QUOTE]

Well, Canadian teams =/= Canadian players. If you look at the top 20 all-time scorers, only three aren't Canadian. Considering Canada's relatively low population base, the number of active Canadian players in the NHL is impressive on its own.

[quote name='cswloo']The Staples on Seymour in downtown Vancouver is doing 50% off. I picked up a few things there yesterday. Still a bunch of stuff there when I left.

Forgot to mention that the sign by the rack of games didn't say there was an extra 50% off. Just 'Select Video Games 25-50% off'. I had picked up one game and taken it to the register and the guy told me there was an additional 50% off the sticker price. So I went back and picked up the 2 other games I had been considering, that I had originally decided against because they were a bit higher than I wanted to pay.[/QUOTE]

Additional 50% off? I wonder if that meant my Dissidia from 2 days ago would've been $5 instead of $10.

[quote name='dotCody']But... if you tell a Canadian that it's a deal, they'll believe it. Just like telling Canadians that we don't suck cock at hockey, even though we haven't seen a Canadian team win the Stanley in over a decade.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that Canada was the most represented country (in terms of number of Canadians versus number of players from any other country) on each team that won the cup in that timespan. Most of the best players just happen to be Canadians I guess.

[quote name='Icetron']Additional 50% off? I wonder if that meant my Dissidia from 2 days ago would've been $5 instead of $10.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The games scanned in at the ticketed price, then they manually adjusted each one to 50% off.

[quote name='Bamm']I'm pretty sure that Canada was the most represented country (in terms of number of Canadians versus number of players from any other country) on each team that won the cup in that timespan. Most of the best players just happen to be Canadians I guess.[/QUOTE]

*Sigh*...and how many of those Canadian players were playing for Canadian teams? Let's try and stay on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dotCody']*Sigh*...and how many of those Canadian players were playing for Canadian teams?[/QUOTE]

This isn't really the best place for this argument, but saying that Canadian hockey teams suck doesn't imply that Canadians are bad at hockey. Just that our commercial teams have less money and/or poor coaching and management.

Canadians, as individuals, are largely superior hockey players. World Juniors and Olympics, anyone? Two olympic golds, five junior golds, and five junior silvers in the last decade.

I managed to get Rage Anarchy Edition for 20+tx today at the Seymour location. They also had GOW collection for 9.97 - 50% and force unleashed (360+PS3) for 29.97 - 50%. There was something else but I don't remember.

Staples at steeles and west (brampton) had dragon age 2, bulletstorm, and 1 or more titles for 19.99. Also had final fantasy for 4.97, some titles for 9.99, and some titles like two worlds two and crysis 2 for 29.99. 2 or 3 copies of each when i went earlier today.

Anyone know if they're releasing Dragon Age II with all the DLC? I bought it when it first came out and than traded it in because I kinda got screwed with the first one. I bought it, and awakenings. Than they released Origins + Awakening + All DLC for $60, so I traded everything in for $40 paid the extra $20 and got THAT.
A few months later they dropped THAT edition to $30. Yeesh!

bread's done
Back