No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise $15.94 on Amazon.com

i can't believe i paid $20 for this during black friday week like an idiot. that was before i knew best buy was going to go bonkers. oh well. it's the only game i overpaid for in good long while. thanks for the info, op.

[quote name='PublikDefender']i can't believe i paid $20 for this during black friday week like an idiot. that was before i knew best buy was going to go bonkers. oh well. it's the only game i overpaid for in good long while. thanks for the info, op.[/QUOTE]

yeah I bought PS move but rarely used it for gaming, anyone here like the PS move controls for this game, how do they compare to the Wii controls?

I can't speak to the Move controls, though I assume they were similar. However, I actually enjoyed playing this more with the Dualshock 3 than I did with the Wii controls. Combat felt much more fluid with separate attack buttons.

I have this for PS3 and platinumed it. The Move works well cept for a few mini-games/side-missions. I chose to use the DS3 for like 2 of those. Otherwise it worked just fine. I played the Wii version a little bit a few years ago and the only thing I missed was the phone calls not coming through the Move since it has no speaker. I thought that was a pretty cool use of the Wiimote speaker.

yeah, i liked the move controls in this game and i really love the story/writing.
the only problem is the game takes place in a pseudo-open world. i cannot get anywhere using the move controls. so i had to switch to controller, drive somewhere, and switch back to move controls. and the load times between all of this was atrocious.

so most of the game is great. the driving is the worst driving in the history of video games. i don't understand how they can hate their own audience so much that they try to make us plow through that driving garbage.

picked this up at BB also when it was on sale for $14.99 good price though if you missed out on that deal.

[quote name='SDC']I can't speak to the Move controls, though I assume they were similar. However, I actually enjoyed playing this more with the Dualshock 3 than I did with the Wii controls. Combat felt much more fluid with separate attack buttons.[/QUOTE]

Did they update or patch it to change the controls somehow? I hated using R3 to finish enemies... otherwise, yeah, I very much preferred using a standard controller vs motion controls.

[quote name='PublikDefender']i can't believe i paid $20 for this during black friday week like an idiot. that was before i knew best buy was going to go bonkers. oh well. it's the only game i overpaid for in good long while. thanks for the info, op.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it, it feels like every Amazon deal that I bought for Black Friday has dropped by a minimum of $5 bucks. If their price match policy is such a major hassle :(.

Most people are in such a rush that they don't realize everything is marked up so it can be marked down more.

havent opened it but i got it for just under 20 bucks i think a while back on Amazon. I actually had a question. To those who got it from Amazon, or wherever.. was the seal odd? It wasn't a standard y fold seal. It looked like a regular shrinkwrap job with a seam down the length of the side. Looked very weird to me, but i got it direct from Amazon, not a 3rd party sellers. Is that just how all these copies are sealed?

I still regret missing it on Gamefly daily deal for $10. It didn't come back for the Under $10 Blow Out, nor end of the year sale going on now. But I own 1 & 2 on Wii already, so I can't bite on this deal for $16

[quote name='Kenshindono']havent opened it but i got it for just under 20 bucks i think a while back on Amazon. I actually had a question. To those who got it from Amazon, or wherever.. was the seal odd? It wasn't a standard y fold seal. It looked like a regular shrinkwrap job with a seam down the length of the side. Looked very weird to me, but i got it direct from Amazon, not a 3rd party sellers. Is that just how all these copies are sealed?[/QUOTE]

This. Last time this happened to me, my copy was actually used, with scratches and everything inside... I don't know about this copy but I just received it today, so I'm a bit wary.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hottaterman']This. Last time this happened to me, my copy was actually used, with scratches and everything inside... I don't know about this copy but I just received it today, so I'm a bit wary.[/QUOTE]
That's how my copy from Best Buy looked as well. I didn't open it though since it was a christmas gift.

[quote name='Kenshindono']havent opened it but i got it for just under 20 bucks i think a while back on Amazon. I actually had a question. To those who got it from Amazon, or wherever.. was the seal odd? It wasn't a standard y fold seal. It looked like a regular shrinkwrap job with a seam down the length of the side. Looked very weird to me, but i got it direct from Amazon, not a 3rd party sellers. Is that just how all these copies are sealed?[/QUOTE]

The copies of it I saw at Best Buy were shrinkwrapped the same way. I talked myself out of buying one for that reason.

hmm so several people are saying the copies they say of this game are in that weird shrinkwrap packaging. Has anyone actually seen a y fold sealed version? Im guessing they all just come in the cheap wrapping

lol @ Twilight Sparkles name/avatar. I got a smirk outa that since thats my 6 year old nieces favorite character from that show. I just had to spend the better part of today playing My friggin little Pony with the little rugrat since I was watching her for the day. She got a bunch of them for x-mas. Im also the one stuck watching the show with her since her mother refuses to do so. Thank god the stupid things actually pretty bearable.

bread's done
Back