[dead] Cowboys & Aliens HD movie rental for $0.99 on PS Store

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Cowboys & Aliens triumphed as the winner in Bout 6 of our Theatrical Throwdown. Rent the film for just $0.99 in SD or 1080p HD from 2 pm Pacific Friday to 11 pm Pacific Sunday. Find it in our $0.99 Movie Rents section of Rent Now! - From Playstation Blog

Deal is live as of 12/16/2011 8:42PM EST. Dead

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mr_bungle']Sweet!! How long do you have to watch a rented movie?[/QUOTE]

You can shut it off anytime you want, which is probably a good thing for this movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was severely misled about the degree of nudity displayed by Olivia Wilde. That was what really killed it for me, you know, after the plot and Harrison Ford's terrible acting. I like Harrison Ford, but he was seriously awful in this and honestly a bit depressing to watch.

This movie was way too long, drawn out, and not that great. I can't believe they released an extended edition disk for it. I would rather have a version that had more scenes cut from it. I have a feeling that the folks that made it were fans of the comic book so they couldn't stomach making it into a good movie.

[quote name='ZombieToast']What do you expect from a movie called Cowboys & Aliens?[/QUOTE]

I thought it'd be good. Jon Favreau directed it and Iron Man 1&2 were great.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I thought it'd be good. Jon Favreau directed it and Iron Man 1&2 were great.[/QUOTE]
Oh, well...see, to me that's actually a big red flag because I thought those movies were shit.

[quote name='StillFree']24hrs after you hit play or you can download and store it for 14 days.[/QUOTE]

oh man are you serious, 14 days to start the watch? When I got Captain America, I thought the file said it expired sometime in Jan. 2012, so I figured I had a while..now I gotta get on it and get this one too!

[quote name='Shinpachi']I was severely misled about the degree of nudity displayed by Olivia Wilde. That was what really killed it for me, you know, after the plot and Harrison Ford's terrible acting. I like Harrison Ford, but he was seriously awful in this and honestly a bit depressing to watch.[/QUOTE]

Nudity? I'm in.

If anyone wants a Blu Ray copy w/ DVD set in mint shape PM me, it has the slipcover and everything.

I'm wanting $15 shipped for it. :D

[quote name='joeyshadows']Nudity? I'm in.[/QUOTE]
Don't get excited, I wouldn't call what they shown as nudity. Movie is worth the $1, I wouldn't watch it if it was more. Offer ends tonight around 11PM pacific, knowing sony they might take it down earlier.

[quote name='token2k6']oh man are you serious, 14 days to start the watch? When I got Captain America, I thought the file said it expired sometime in Jan. 2012, so I figured I had a while..now I gotta get on it and get this one too![/QUOTE]

You actually get 30 to days to watch it after purchase and a 24 hour rental window once you press play.

I rented this move on Sunday and it gave me a 1/17 expiration date.

[quote name='aaronmills']You actually get 30 to days to watch it after purchase and a 24 hour rental window once you press play.

I rented this move on Sunday and it gave me a 1/17 expiration date.[/QUOTE]

Was going to correct my post, not sure why Sony's site still says 14 days.

Movie wasn't awful, but nothing special / I would want to watch again, though their "HD" video was barely DVD quality, vudu's HD is much better (when I used that $5 free credit on HD Fast Five) and it featured subtitles.

I rented the movie on Sunday on my Sony Blu-ray player with Video Unlimited. The HD quality was good but like the above poster said I think VUDU has better quality HD movies. I had buffering issues for the first quarter of the film. I liked the movie as it met my expectations of providing instances of both cowboys and aliens.

This movie was so NOT worth a rental!! Well, I guess it was partially....otherwise I'd be wondering if it were any good or not, but after watching it I wanted my 2 hours or whatever it was back! Found it quite boring and drawn out. Too much cowboy crap and not enough Aliens :( Acting was terrible & Olivia Wilde's character doesn't even make sense to the plot.....you know what I'm talking about if you've watched it. Don't waste your money, hell we rented this for FREE and I'm still annoyed.

bread's done
Back