best CONSOLE for skyrim?

Kniq

CAGiversary!
just the facts please. I'm not interested in getting it for PC since I don't have a gaming laptop and I have to take this beast with me on patrols

going to pick it up tomorrow at TRU and i'm sure one version is superior. dont care as much about graphics as my game running properly.

I would research this myself, but the coast guard blocks all gaming-related sites (including CAG, but just the homepage)

thanks!

Well, I'm honestly not sure with the patch out now. The PS3 version had some major issues with framerate, but I'm not sure if the patch fixed them or not.

well thanks for the info. i'll keep checking back to this for more responses until i send my wife off to the craziness of christmas shopping at TRU tomorrow but i guess i'll go with the 360 then!

I think at the moment the 360 is the most stable version as well. They all have their faire share of problems but if you don't mind playing it offline I would avoid patching the game on either system. I've only played it on PS3 though and I haven't experienced any major issues with the game though I didn't play it that long.

As a PS3 owner I'll be avoiding Skyrim. Go 360. I've read people mentioning a very technical issue causing lag on the ps3 which probably will never be fixed 100%.

Have both consoles, but picked up on 360. From what I've read, large save files cause long loading screen issues on the PS3.

As a PS3 Skyrim player I can say I've had almost no issues with the game, other than a slight lag, but that's after a 5 hour gaming session. Just exit the game and restart it and the lag vanishes, and I play the pure off the disk unpatched version. I didn't experience any game breaking issues until I decided to try the 1.2 patch, which then broke dragons flying forward for me.

After deleting the patch and game data, I reinstalled off the disk again without downloading the patch, and my game is playing normally again.

I see no reason anyone should fear the PS3 version. But after Oblivion wore out my xbox's dvd drive, I'd never get another Elder Scrolls game for that system again.

No problems here on PS3, I always keep multiple save file... and if it starts to slow down I just reboot the PS3 problem solved. Issues with PS3 is overblown, I think most of those having problems have an older PS3 aka non-slim.

If I were you I wouldnt get the ps3 version. It was fine for the first 30-35 hours but as my save file has grown the lagging has started to worsen. Also, for some reason after the latest patch I get lagging even out of battle. This lag used to take place only in larger towns and big battles, now it's everywhere. Probably doesnt help because I am a hoarder and my save file is huge!

To note I do have the old MGS 80gb ps3 :(

I have both consoles and bought it on the 360. I've been happy with it so far (as far as technical issues). The game itself it obviously amazing. I will note that I've watched my friend play it on his PS3 and it pretty much looks the same except maybe a bit washed out...however, that could easily be his t.v. Just get the 360 version and you'll be fine.

I have both systems, but I plan on getting it for the 360.
Regarding the PS3 version there's too much controversy to bother choosing it. For every person that has no problem you can find another who says it's gamebreaking for them. The 360 version is preferable by default for not having that controversy.

IGN has a video showing the issue:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214971p1.html

They also state, YMMV and that turning off auto-save reduces but does not eliminate the problem.

There is a technical issue with the way the PS3 segments memory and it may be causing a memory leak. they have also admitted that there is a memory leak on multiple platforms but do not expect another patch until after the new year.

For the most part, until you hit that 60ish hour mark, you will not find the issue.

The Xbox 360 is the better of the two right now.

Hopefully they have made enough money that management decides it is worth the time and money to make the necessary fixes, unlike what we saw in Fable III

bread's done
Back