[Canel Your Membership Soon] Gamefly 2 Games out for $1 60 DAYS! Holiday Special

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
Saw this on Slickdeals:

Gamefly Holiday Special: 2 Games Out for $1 for a month

I just tried it out and it still works. Make sure you cancel after the month is up otherwise you will be charged the regular $22.

https://www.gamefly.com/react/offer/backfor1dollar

Great opportunity for those of you looking to try out games before buying them.

EDIT: You have the chance to get a total of 60 days from this deal. First go the link i posted above and then go to cancel my membership at "My account." There will be a banner to get an extra month for free. My membership will now not expire until February.

https://www.gamefly.com/react/offer/backfor1dollar

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm...seems too good to be true at first glance. I have this feeling that they will charge me $22 for the next month even if i try cancelling

[quote name='kanamit']Hmmmm...seems too good to be true at first glance. I have this feeling that they will charge me $22 for the next month even if i try cancelling[/QUOTE]

this deal is actually pretty old and a person on slickdeals confirmed he was able to cancel. When he cancelled he was able to get another month for a $1!

[quote name='Muthafodder']lol @ linkage[/QUOTE]

yeah i know lol. dont worry though i am not redirecting you slickdeals. I just copied the link from slickdeals.

Awww no way that actually works...i got the month for $1 and then got the extra free month :). I still think they will charge me though lol i just dont trust gamefly.

I just signed up and after completion it take say

2-Game Plan:

2 games out at a time
$22.95/month
(plus any applicable taxes)

2-Game Plan Pre-Paid Membership:

2 games out at a time
Effective Date:
12/17/2011 - 1/17/2012

Is that right? I see nothing about $1

I believe that you had to be a member once before to get the $1 (just a guess).

The second month is dependent on their "when you cancel we offer you a free month in hopes you stay" policy, if you did it in the past as a member you won't be offered it again.

[quote name='cheaphuck']I just signed up and after completion it take say

2-Game Plan:

2 games out at a time
$22.95/month
(plus any applicable taxes)

2-Game Plan Pre-Paid Membership:

2 games out at a time
Effective Date:
12/17/2011 - 1/17/2012

Is that right? I see nothing about $1[/QUOTE]

It would have said $1 when you purchased, just check your billing history (charge should be $1.05)

[quote name='Noblesse Oblige']I believe that you had to be a member once before to get the $1 (just a guess).

The second month is dependent on their "when you cancel we offer you a free month in hopes you stay" policy, if you did it in the past as a member you won't be offered it again.[/QUOTE]
If you had to be a prior member to get this deal, then I'm glad I didn't try it. I've never been a member of Gamefly, but I have bought a buncha stuff from their used game sales. The fact that you get everything with the games(including sometimes unused DLC codes;)) is great.

[quote name='kanamit']It would have said $1 when you purchased, just check your billing history (charge should be $1.05)[/QUOTE]
Good call. Says $1.09. Thanks.

Meh, I got one month for $1 but when I hit cancel it said add another month for 11.95. I hit continue to see how much tax they charge and they instantly took $13 from my debit card. Not really a big deal since I was planning on getting Gamefly soon anyway, but just be careful clicking continue with Gamefly lol

[quote name='T9X69']Meh, I got one month for $1 but when I hit cancel it said add another month for 11.95. I hit continue to see how much tax they charge and they instantly took $13 from my debit card. Not really a big deal since I was planning on getting Gamefly soon anyway, but just be careful clicking continue with Gamefly lol[/QUOTE]

Same here ($11.95). Dang it!

Any ideas on how long this will be offered? I just signed up for a 1mnth free trial so want to wait till that is almost over and then "re-join" with this deal.

Signed up for a month. When trying to cancel, I don't see a free month or any other offer. When does the offer show up? Is it after you first click cancel or after you fill out the questionnaire?

If anyone could just copy/paste the link of the free month banner, that would be a big help.

[quote name='Vyrtigo']At what point is the second month offered? I don't want to accidentally cancel all the way[/QUOTE]

lol that's what I'm worried about

[quote name='GUNNM']I'm guessing the 2nd month you get if you haven't had an account yet?[/QUOTE]

That's my guess. Cause I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get an offer.

Oh well, I'm more than happy with paying $1 to play Assassins Creed and Catherine

I had an account from 2 summers ago, never used it beyond the free two week trial. I do buy from them sometimes, but I had an existing account and I was offered the free month.

Thanks OP, got my 60 days for $1! This will save me a bundle on games that I might have waited to drop to cheap down the road!

This isn't really a deal as much as it is scamming gamefly.

I've done it about it about 4-5 different times.

You want to take it up a notch though you can get a marketing program like swagbucks or something similar to pay you $10 bucks for doing it.

You can get that $10 in amazon credit btw :whistle2:#

I was a past member. Reactivated my account using the OP's link. Got a month for $1.08 (CA tax) And went account/cancel membership. Near the middle is a banner for get your next month free with a small tiny link in the middle of it that said "Or continue cancellation" Instead I clicked on the get the month free button. And got an additional month for $0.00. I'm good until 2/17/12 now. Thanks SpartenOmega!

I have so many games to play right now that it's not worth the risk I forget to cancel the membership before I get charged 23 bucks.

Really awesome deal, though!

Are you guys sure you're keeping the remaining days after you hit cancel?
i have had gamefly off and on for a year now, and it always says you lose your remaining days when you hit cancel.

[quote name='Mason202']Are you guys sure you're keeping the remaining days after you hit cancel?
i have had gamefly off and on for a year now, and it always says you lose your remaining days when you hit cancel.[/QUOTE]

Well since you're choosing to renew your membership another month (for free) instead of canceling, that wouldn't be an issue.

Yeah you dont actually cancel your membership because gamefly stops you and makes you a deal first. If you dont like their deal then you can still cancel. Gamefly will always offer a deal of some kind.

canceling is pretty easy... The only problem I have is TIME. I can't even get through my backlog. I don't think GF is bad, but the newer releases tend to be slower if you don't put them on the top of your queue (if you really want a particular game, just put that game on your queue, remove everything else).

It's a great place to get your trophies/achievements fix, $1? Man, it's pretty awesome...

Thanks, I got the 30 days and when I tried the cancel page the extra month didn't show up. But I will check everyday to see if it pops up then.

I'm a previous gamefly member and when i click the link it says 22.00 for the first month. am i supposed to ignore that and click continue and it will say 1 dollar in my billing history?

bread's done
Back