Brutal Legend (X360/PS3) $5.99 with Free shipping at Newegg

Saw this a while ago.
Are these games on sale, or just that price by default?
Cause I saw Yakuza 3,4, Valkyria Chronicles, and Arkham Asylum for low prices but they aren't listed as discounted..
..so I'm wondering if they're going to be like that from now on or just until Christmas ends.

I wonder why Batman and Splinter Cell HD aren't listed.
Might cop Yakuza 3 and 4 before it ends. The prices aren't THAT good but it's a franchise that needs supporting and I doubt I'll find it used anywhere for that much cheaper. Still need to finish 1 and 2 though, heh.

Just started playing this today after sitting on my shelf for a month or two. Waiting for my guitar to be shipped and rocksmith to come. Seemed the perfect time to play it.

Obviously if you like heavy metal you will like the game that much more. Dont know many of the artists but its fun to listen to.

As most people will tell you the real time strategy part sours the game a bit. But you get demo wings making it faster and more fun to get around the battle feild.

Not an amazing game but it got a good sence if humor and is a nice change if pace.

I thought I read somewhere that the PS3 version is badly glitched so you cant finish the game and EA wouldn't release another patch for it.

[quote name='PJV9126']I don't think its a universal problem, but you're right. Apparently sometimes once the save game gets to >80% the save file becomes corrupted. And I also read that Tim Schafer made a patch to fix it but EA wouldn't put up the funds to release it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943673-brutal-legend/58595989[/QUOTE]

Mine didn't die or anything, just started taking longer to load at the beginning. Annoying, but not devastating. Maybe I got lucky.

But stay classy EA. Don't ever spend 5 minutes to put up a link to fix one of your games. And try to see if you can shoot down any sequel plans if you get the chance.

Hmm, might pick up Yakuza 3 and 4, but I'm gonna wait and see if they are any cheaper in that Gamefly sale that is supposed to start on the 21st.

I bought this a short while back, got to the first tower defense part and shortly stopped playing. I might go back to it at some point, but I don't know. Probably not. Just play the demo and be done with it. LOL. :)

[quote name='vice1611']I thought I read somewhere that the PS3 version is badly glitched so you cant finish the game and EA wouldn't release another patch for it.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the glitch is caused by a patch. If you play the campaign through without downloading the existing patches, you'll make it through just fine.

Unfortunately, you need the patches for online multiplayer, so once you download these, your campaign mode will glitch and not let you complete it.

This game has been scraping the bottom of the barrel with its prices for over a year now. Its a decent game, but they should just give it away free.

[quote name='crunchewy']I bought this a short while back, got to the first tower defense part and shortly stopped playing. I might go back to it at some point, but I don't know. Probably not. Just play the demo and be done with it. LOL. :)[/QUOTE]

Same with me, enjoyed it until it switched game styles. Step child loved it, picked up a copy for a late arrival christmas present.

bread's done
Back